PDA

View Full Version : how tough are hypers?

repsol/honda
06-23-2006, 01:20 PM
i currently have itp bajas and the hold up great but i see alot of you guys use the hypers. i ride in the rk mtns so it gets rough.

Pappy
06-23-2006, 01:22 PM
You will destroy regular rims and beadlocks before you hurt a Hiper. They too can get damaged, but hold up the best under the most severe circumstances.

Scro
06-23-2006, 01:29 PM
It's the last set of wheels you will have to buy. You may want to buy the outer rings because of scratches and what-not after a while, but you don't have to.

repsol/honda
06-23-2006, 02:04 PM
wow you guys repy fast! thanks for the info, that answered my question.

repsol/honda
06-23-2006, 02:07 PM
wow you guys repy fast! thanks for the info, that answered my question. how are they as far as saving weight/ adding power and braking?

Scro
06-23-2006, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by repsol/honda
wow you guys repy fast! thanks for the info, that answered my question. how are they as far as saving weight/ adding power and braking?

They are not going to save you as much weight, as they are reliability. And as far as power and braking, they would be about the same as any other wheel:ermm:

Mean250r
06-23-2006, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by bama450r
They are not going to save you as much weight, as they are reliability. And as far as power and braking, they would be about the same as any other wheel:ermm:

Isnt the whole point supposed to save weight? i mean it is carbon fiber?

tltcracing
06-23-2006, 04:41 PM
it is carbon fiber but it isnt that light for some reason. its right around the same. the big thing with the hypers is that they flex insted of bending. i have seen them broken but it takes just as much force to break a metal rim. anything less than breaking and the hypers stay perfectly round. and if you do break something they are a modular wheel so you only pay for the peace you need.

MillerTime
06-28-2006, 08:22 AM
The Hipers are great rims, and deflect off pretty much everything, rocks, stumps, drain tile, etc.. As the person had mentioned earlier you may after awhile want to buy new beed lock rings. They do get banged up and the color fades. I’ve had my for about 4 or 5 years I broke my first rim this year.
Also there not as light as Hiper claims in there adds, I’ve never pickup an aluminum beed lock rim before to see the actual weight difference, but I can tell you that your stock aluminum rim is much lighter than the Hiper do to the material differences.
My 2 cents.