PDA

View Full Version : Question on A Arms

ohsobad_chevy
06-23-2006, 11:54 AM
I am going to get new suspension some time in the future. My question is, can i use my stock suspension with houser +2 arms... Just until I get some more money to buy elka's.

yellowzo3
06-23-2006, 12:12 PM
i did the same exact thing with my z400...im not that big so it was actually a very nice ride...i just adjusted them all the way to the stiffest position and they were fine. but if you plan on racing mx or any kind of racing for that matter..i would definatly not suggest it. i took my quad to the mx track with it like that and it bottomed out. but for leisurely riding it was fine. i didnt need longer brake lines either.

ohsobad_chevy
06-23-2006, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
i did the same exact thing with my z400...im not that big so it was actually a very nice ride...i just adjusted them all the way to the stiffest position and they were fine. but if you plan on racing mx or any kind of racing for that matter..i would definatly not suggest it. i took my quad to the mx track with it like that and it bottomed out. but for leisurely riding it was fine. i didnt need longer brake lines either.

That... in no way... answered my question. Thanks for trying though. :( :(

yellowzo3
06-23-2006, 12:38 PM
how did it not lol...you asked if you can use your stock suspension...stock shocks are stock suspension...you said use those until you can save up for elkas...i said i did the same thing and explained how it worked out...if that didnt answer your question than make it more specific..because i answered the question you asked lol

ohsobad_chevy
06-23-2006, 06:38 PM
LOL...Sorry man, I had a rough day today. G-ma is in hospital with cancer and doesnt expect to make it throught the weekend. Sorry if I came off like an arsehole to you. I read what you posted and it sounded like you were talking about shocks. I went back and re-read your post and it makes sense now. Sorry bro.:p

yellowzo3
06-23-2006, 07:11 PM
haha no problem...everyone goes through rough times no harm meant...hope everything works out ok for you with your quad and grandma. im sorry to hear that, it sucks when that kind of stuff happens to people. you didnt come off as being mean or anything i just didnt understand what i answered wrong lol..but best of luck to you with everything man...my thoughts go out to you and your family.

ohsobad_chevy
06-23-2006, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
haha no problem...everyone goes through rough times no harm meant...hope everything works out ok for you with your quad and grandma. im sorry to hear that, it sucks when that kind of stuff happens to people. you didnt come off as being mean or anything i just didnt understand what i answered wrong lol..but best of luck to you with everything man...my thoughts go out to you and your family.

Means a lot bro...Thanks

red4r
06-23-2006, 11:03 PM
yes your stockers will work with plus 2's untill u get your elkas just as long as there not longtravel a arms

ohsobad_chevy
06-25-2006, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by red4r
yes your stockers will work with plus 2's untill u get your elkas just as long as there not longtravel a arms

Should I wait and get the long travels, or do you think I should get the +2's now and then buy some elkas later.

300ex mxracer
06-26-2006, 07:47 AM
unless ur race desert or pro mx, you should be fine with the standard travel a arms.