PDA

View Full Version : please help asap how do you remove an axle off an 06

mitchyfz
06-22-2006, 06:21 PM
I bent my 2006 axle already and bought a lonestar it will be here tomorow can anyone help me out by giving me some info on how to remove the stocker?
thanx

kendog57
06-22-2006, 07:53 PM
hey mitch

kenny here what man. first remove the rear tires,next remove the right side hub when you are looking at the back(but seeing you are replacing the axle remove both hubs and rims), that loosen up the axle nut by the disc brake, now loosen the two bolts holding the rear caliper on and slide the disc brake and hub off. Loosen the swingarm to loosen the chain to take off the sprocket. pull out the axle from the left side side. with that done you will have the remove the sprocket hub from the stock axle and put it on the new one. with the sprocket side up put the axle on a hard surface like a peice of wood the protect the end hit the sprocket down so you can pry the circlip out. with circlip out just pull the sprocket hub off and install on the new axle and put the circlip back on. Now just do the backwards and you are good to ride again. And by the way you should of got a rpm axle because you will have to replace it again sometime

later kenny

mitchyfz
06-22-2006, 08:20 PM
thanx kenny
and lonestars also have the lifetime warranty