PDA

View Full Version : Does This Ever Happen To You!

400exrida06
06-22-2006, 03:25 PM
Ok well i'm always at the track down my road and they've just made the jumps a little bigger and now when I go riding there I can ride for like an hour then my quad starts popping like crazy but I know what the problem is, the tube that comes from the airbox that hooks up to the carb seems to keep slipping off and that claps always tightened up but I dont know what to do so this doesnt happen anymore because its starting to drive me nuts haha

Rip_Tear
06-22-2006, 05:44 PM
if the air boot is tight on the carb and the clamp is tight it shouldn't come off...

400exrida06
06-22-2006, 05:46 PM
Ya its weird because I have it shoved on as far as it will go, and i have that screw as tight as it will go also, so i dont know

AR15 guy
06-22-2006, 06:28 PM
Might have to go to an autoparts store and get a slightly smaller clamp. The clamp is probably worn out.

05 ex rider
06-22-2006, 10:32 PM
my bike dose the save thing, the poping that is but i found that if i take the gas cap loose it fixes it.

krt400ex
06-23-2006, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by 400exrida06
Ya its weird because I have it shoved on as far as it will go, and i have that screw as tight as it will go also, so i dont know

i have tightened air filters down too much before and that has actually pushed them out of place. maybe ur seeing somthin' similar. also, u could use a silicone type gasket sement to hold it all together. that's what i do, works great. put a thin layer on both parts that need to come together. put them together and very lightly tighten them down. then let it dry overnight in a romm where there is no hhumidity or dampness. when it's all dry tighten the clamp a little more. u don't need to do it that much otherwise u'll break the seal that the silicone sement has made. works for me everytime. just don't buy hard setting gasket sement. get a silicone type soft setting gasket sement.