PDA

View Full Version : 400ex msd igntion, anyone ever install one?

pnut420
06-22-2006, 02:37 PM
I got some questions about the spark plug wire boot going onto the spark plug, what spark plug are you using, etc... so if you know anything about this ignition, pm me or just post a response here. Thanks for any help.

stupidhurts400
06-22-2006, 07:35 PM
i also have a question about how much does it cost looking to get 1 myself

465Rider
06-22-2006, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by pnut420
I got some questions about the spark plug wire boot going onto the spark plug, what spark plug are you using, etc... so if you know anything about this ignition, pm me or just post a response here. Thanks for any help.

I run MSD, I'm using the stock plug, I'm running methanol, so the plug gap is a little different(wider), It's a good ignition, you can set some good timing curves. I was going to try to install it myself, untill I looked at it, I decided against it, you have to be good with wires, and know where they go etc. they are $$$$ pricey. It isn't worth the $$$ unless you have a modded out engine, the gains are minimul, you barley feel it, but they show on the dyno.

cals400ex
06-22-2006, 11:11 PM
i think toro was using one. i havne't seen him around lately though....

pnut420
06-23-2006, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by cals400ex
i think toro was using one. i havne't seen him around lately though....

Yeah I see he had been running it for awhile now. Ive got his aim name so I try yo catch him on there. This ignition is about $400 for the guy that was wondering and sometimes you can get them cheaper on ebay.