PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Honda CBR929 RR

rtm1216
06-22-2006, 08:28 AM
Anyone try one of these out? I have a chance to pick one up dirt cheap, but haven't seen it yet. A friend of mine's brother-in-law is selling it and it's suppose to be in like new condition. He had the frame and rims chromed and has a new 200 rear tire. I won't be able to check it out until Sunday so I was hoping to get some opinions on it.

400exrider99
06-22-2006, 08:39 AM
i have not ridden one but its a honda so it should be a real nice ride

suck my pipe
06-22-2006, 03:09 PM
Rockets are the $hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zedicus00
06-22-2006, 03:31 PM
the 929's are a dream bike... man if its even in good condition for an o.k. price you better get it... tons of mods available, handle awsome, fast as hell, and yes its a honda. yes ive ridden them before, not quite a 1000RR but still very extreme.

JLanphear
06-23-2006, 09:12 AM
I had an '01. I only rode it a couple of times.

Any later model crotch rocket is awesome...that's pretty much the way it is. Especially the liter bikes. If you can get a sick deal on it you really can't go wrong.

I'm not saying that there aren't better bikes out there, but unless you are trying to decide between this one or another one, then I'd deff take the 929.

The 929 wouldn't be my first choice if I were out shopping around. I'd put the Gixxer 750 before it, or any of the later model 1000cc bikes also.

Although, if I could find a crazy deal on a 929, I'd get it over paying full price for a 750 or 1000. That way later on if you really find the need to get a slightly better performing bike then you can sell the 929 without losing your shirt, and get what you want when the right deal comes along.

Do you mind my asking what you are paying for it?

rtm1216
06-23-2006, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by JLanphear

Do you mind my asking what you are paying for it?

I'm getting it for $2900. The guy I'm getting it from defaulted on his loan for it. He owes $5800, but the bank will take $1900 as a pay off and the guy is asking another grand on top of it. I've already sent payment to the bank (check by phone) and the title will be here (my house) via Fed Ex on Tuesday.

I haven't even seen it yet, but my friend who I trust has and said it is in perfect running condition and the body is flawless. He's also giving me his brand new helmet and kevlar riding jacket. I don't know if I'll keep it though. I may just throw it up for sale and see about making a little profit. I lucked out w/ this guy being so desperate for money. :D

JLanphear
06-23-2006, 09:27 AM
I'd call that a great deal for sure. If you see it and want your $2900 back let me know...hehe :p

Rdhanded2
06-23-2006, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by rtm1216
He's also giving me his brand new helmet and kevlar riding jacket. I don't know if I'll keep it though. I may just throw it up for sale and see about making a little profit. I lucked out w/ this guy being so desperate for money. :D

I would keep it!!! Not only do they look cool, but one saved a buddy of mine. You don't want to see what road rash looks like down your whole body, trust me! Around here, it seems like everyone rides with a Jacket, gloves, and helmet if they are on rockets, and this is a no helmet law state.

Also, JLanphear, the GSXR 750 is so bad ***** it makes me sick. That is my next bike. It is the Litre Killer for sure!!