PDA

View Full Version : Xtreme Quad Makeover-Atvriders.com style!

Pappy
06-22-2006, 07:43 AM
OK folks, i always try and do a few quads a year for folks that want a cool quad but can not afford to have all the work done. I think I did 4 or 5 for school students senior projects this year alone etc.

With that said, I would like you to reply with a short essay as to why YOU or someone you know deserves to have thier quad redone for free. I will try and narrow it down and let the site pick the ultimate winner. I will also try and see if i can get some other sponsors to kick in some support or products.

We will let this roll until we get enough worthwhile entries, then we will pick a winner.

I will cover all prep and powdercoating/ceramic/molycoating expenses, and will see what i can do about covering shipping costs as well.

Thanks, and I look forward to reading some of the entries!

JRP
06-22-2006, 07:47 AM
sweet pappy! I would say my quad should get the makeover. haha. Actually i dont know who should, but whoever it is, we need to make sure its someone who is dedicated and always rides. And that pretty much sums up me.:) lol

EDIT: also i take care of my quad. Its in perfect shape, and i clean it everytime i ride it, and it looks brand new.:)

Mean250r
06-22-2006, 07:51 AM
God i wish i could so i could keep my 250r but i dont deserve it. Thats a really nice thing to do pappy

06-22-2006, 07:54 AM
hey pappy
I'd like to nominate myself if thats ok with ya...
My names Mike Pytlar and im from a small little town of Long Valley, NJ. Not many people ride around here but the ones that do are really nice and we ride together. Everyone always picks on my bike (they all ride 300ex, 400ex, raptors or big bikes like CRF250s and CRF450s)...well anyways, I feel like im always left out and that my bike is worse than everyone elses. I dont race so I couldnt really "show off" my bike to anyone at races, but my friends would certainly not make fun of me anymore. I ride an 03 250ex and currently the only modifications it has is new tires all around (i bought all the tires and new rims because i ride it so much...i love my quad lol, but it would still be better with all the things you could do to it) and some red scott grips. Yep...my ride is off the chain Pappy, its totally custom and its race ready :blah: ...well i think it'd be cool to race but theres no way my dad would ever drive me down to any races and he hates how i waste my time on this site and on the quad, but I think if he sees i want to put more effort into it (especially with this whole, "pimp my ride" thing), i think my dad would be more into as well

well, I'll keep it short because your going to have a lot to read

I think that whoever gets picked is going to have an amazing bike when their done and whoever is picked really deserves it (more than me...no...but they still deserve it :D)

so thanks pappy and pick me

Mike

TRX_450
06-22-2006, 08:02 AM
pappy i sent u a PM

Sjorge450R
06-22-2006, 08:10 AM
hey pappy, I think that Sjorge300ex should be chosen to get his 300ex redone. I am choosing Sjorge300ex because I think that he deserves this. He is getting ready to do his senoir project and really doesnt have the money that he needs to get the powdercoat done. He is going to be guesseting the entire frame by himself, making all the guessets. The reason is that he doesn't have enough money for the powdercoating is because he can't get a powdercoat job done and still use the crappy plastics that have been on there for a entire season of racing and 7 years of just riding in bushes. He is also currently ranked 1st in D-6 harescrambles as well with being ranked 1st at the Flying Dutchmen, but wait that isn't all. He is also ranked first int he Pa State Harescramble Series. So if this were to happen to Sjorge300ex, he wouldn't have one problem at all showing off all of his wonderful work to his fellow racers/friends. Sjorge300ex has also paid for almost everything that is one the quad, plus half of the cost of it. With being 16 is it also very difficult for him to be able to have a race quad and maintain it. I think that if he gets the Xtreme Quad make over he will be Xtremly excited because then he wouldnt have to be ridding around with with paint chipping off his frame and plastics that are practicaly about to fall off because they are held on my zip ties in 100 places. He would aslo like to be able to roll up to the line in style and finish the races in style.

Sjorge300ex.....

xsr_racing28c
06-22-2006, 08:18 AM
I'd like to nominate my sister Jena to get her quad made over. Her riding career started when my grandfather bought her a 98 Blaster when she was 15 and ever since then she has been completely hooked on the sport. SInce then, she had sold her blaster and bought a 2006 450r. She is a full time college student and works to pay for her quad every spare moment she has. Though she is a "girl", she has the dedication and drive to out ride many guys, but can only do so much with how her machine is setup right now.

Her goal is to get the money to set her quad up to race and come to the local events to race with me, but money has permitted her to do so. I would love to see her on a quad that is setup and ready to race, cuz man can she ride my 04...(full LT suspension etc).. If i could buy her all the parts in the world to get out there and kickin butt i would, but unfortunatly i don't have the spare money to do so..

So if anyone deserves to have a makeover it'd be her.... Not many guys have the skill and dedication that she does...

Here is a pic of here the first nite we picked the quad up from the dealer.
Thanks for listening~
Jay

XCAdam89
06-22-2006, 08:54 AM
I nominate JRP.

Here's why:

Fredericksburg, Virginia; a relatively small town between Richmond and Washington D.C. Although there's a few people that ride ATV's around here, many of them are utilities, and the one's listed in the paper as "Race Ready" merely have nerf bars and "Aftermarket Tires" With someone as serious as progressing as JRP seems to be, He needs a ride to match his personality.

Being a teenager these days means wanting a ton of things, and having your minimum wage job try and support your expensive hobbies, I know such is the case with me. With Paying for a quad already, and then trying to buy parts, as well as pay gate fees, ect. Going to the track seems to be a more distant activity as the year progresses.

So, I nominate JRP, not because he lives in the same town as me, but because he wants to progress in the racing ranks, as well as look good doing it. As we all know, a teen in today's society can barely afford cheap parts, not including name brand parts such as hiper, elka, ect. So lets give him a good looking quad, to match his hard work, and dreams to progress as an amateur ATV Racer.

popo
06-22-2006, 09:02 AM
Me me me. Because I have short legs and
can't reach the foot pegs ,I fall go boom all the time and whack trees.

And if I don't win this, I'm gonna post naked pics of myself on here. :devil:

hardkoratvmxr
06-22-2006, 09:04 AM
I would like to nominate myself into this although that is kind of self-cnetered. I am nominating myself because I have 2 jobs and only a frame and a motor. I am only 16 but can barely make the fourwheeler come together as I am also trying to buy a truck. Plauged with injuries, crashes, and malfunctions this year, I required to get 5 stitches right about the knee and a bruised hip which I still have 3 months after the accident. A short while ago My frame broke in 4 spots and was deemed unuseable forcing to spend a good deal of my money on a new one. I was forced to and am still doing so in selling all of the parts I have for it to make ends meet. I am still paying it off which doesnt make it any better. I ride my equipment hard and as often as I can. I deserve this just as much as the next guy or girl but think that I am a better candidate because I have pretty much nothing in the form of a quad. I can look at my motor and my frame when it comes in and that is about it. I buy everything myself all of the upgrades, repairs, paying it off. My parents see the quad as somethign to waste my money on. I see it as something that i wanna be involved with for a very long time and see it as enjoyment as well as a job.

I guess that is my entry. Charlie

trx400exxracer
06-22-2006, 09:16 AM
Well i nominate myself. I dont really have a sob storry or anything but i have a good reason. I used to have a 400ex but just recently got a 450er. I know you think i should have the money to trick it out and all since i got a brand new quad and. But i really kind of wanted to get the aftermarket parts by myself and see if i could do it myself and actually build a xc quad on a budget. I dont have the money to have powdercoat or anything like that i just have enough for tires, revalved shocks, and other stuff in the handling department. How am i paying for this well from all of my birthdays and christmas and parts from my 400ex and i am also working on getting a job but it is hard for a 15 year old to get a job. Although i think it would be awsome to have my quad powdercoated since it would fit my crazy riding style and personality as a bright and nice guy at the track. I really try to help out other guys at the track even though i am not a master mechanic or an "A" class racer i still like to help out and be nice to everyone i meet. I really dont have anything else to say other than i am a guy on a budget on his way trying to be the best that he can be and all in all make alot of friends, have fun, and help this wonderfull sport grow to be the best that it can be. and i also have a good attitude and my quad would wear the powder from pappy with pride!

thanks for taking the time to read why i think i deserve it,
Cameron Rogers

MX MaNiAc 06
06-22-2006, 09:29 AM
I nominate myself.

I really want to get into MX racing. I am 16 years old with no job. I practice every day that i can. (unless the quads broken like right now) But i dont have my license yet so its hard to find a job that i can walk to. Therefore i dont have a dime. My father feels bad for me so he buys me gas, oil, pays for me to get into tracks. Just to keep me running.

If u pick me, i will drop the quad off at ur house. :D

450robot
06-22-2006, 09:39 AM
well, i nominate JRP too, he seems to be really aspired towards riding MX, everytime i see him, it looks like his skills progress that much further

but his skills are starting to surpass his bike, and soon he is gonna need an upgrade to allow him to continue developing his techniques.

he is one nice, and honest kid, and takes care of his quad, and loves to ride.

so dont let him get dragged down by a sub-par MX quad (not bashing on you jrp, just saying your quad needs some loving for your styleof riding)

FourFiftyFour
06-22-2006, 09:45 AM
can adults enter? hehe if so here is mine

I'm a 21 year old college student from the town of Alvin, Texas. I race in two quad racing associations: the STQRA (South Texas Quad Racing Association) and the GCQRA (Gulf Coast Quad Racing Association.) For a few years now, motocross racing has been my life. I have put off the usual social events of a college student to go and race. Everything else did not mean anything to me. I wanted to get out there and fullfilll my goal, which is to race in the Womens Production class in the GNC Nationals. To get into it, I got a job and saved up for two years to buy my first quad. My first quad was a 1987 Honda 250x, which I quickly outgrew skillwise in a couple of months. For my 18th birthday, I bought a 2002 Cannondale Cannibal. Bad luck quickly came to me with the Cannondale when the motor locked up on me during my first ride. For a year and a half, it was a constant battle to get the quad running right. I did not have a job then as my college schedule wouldnt allow it, my hours changed every few weeks and I was in class six to eight hours a day. I would scrape money together just to race. My parents never would pay for my racing, nor would they go to watch me race or be there for me when I got hurt. I shattered my left foot in September of 2005. I was not going to let it get me down. During the winter of 2005, I got a lucky break and got some support on my Cannondale. My motor got rebuilt and I got some nice updates on it. My foot was slowly healing, and I was determined to race no matter what. It was looking up for 2006. I went and won my first couple of races, but the bad luck happened again. On the way to a race, my truck was rear ended and it messed up my quad. We didnt know it was that bad until we tested it out on the track (to see what all was wrong) and the motor locked up on me (from bent cases) and ended up breaking my wrist a day after my 21st birthday. Reality sunk in- my Cannondale was totalled from the car accident. My parents actually showed up in the ER when this wreck happened, but not to comfort me, but to tell me that I was pathetic and stupid. I let their words settle on thin air and did not take them to heart. A couple weeks after breaking my wrist, I was back on the track (with a heavily wrapped wrist) and won my motos on a borrowed quad. When the insurance money for the Cannondale comes in, I will be buying a 2006 Suzuki LTR450. Besides racing, I work part time, and I am a full time college student as well.

06-22-2006, 09:47 AM
(will this just be powdercoating it? because i'm pc'd already :scary: )

I nominate myself :ermm:

workd years just to get enough money to create my own quad to ride with my friends... as soon as I get a quad close to the same size as them its time for them to upgrade. Finnaly got up close to them and now I just need to match them... They always have money to go get new things, whenever they want. Thats not always how it works with everybody :( I hope to start racing next year.

-Shane

EXevan91
06-22-2006, 09:47 AM
well i have to say i am going to nominate my self. i ride a 400ex which i'd like to thank my dad for buying me iam 15 and i love the thing. i love to ride, i have been riding since i was seven. and i have been riding hard since 8 :) i am always expecting the best from my machine but i had to sell my old yz80 JUST to fix the carrier bearing, that being new to quads and 400ex's me and my dad were suprized to find that the bearings were gone and so was some of the axle... last owner DIDNT change and bearings in the rear end nor did he change the chain or sprockets... and now i need new arm(s) because it seems soneone rode the quad and fliped it hiting a stump... i spend what i can on "my Babe". but iam curentlly rebluiding the engine and well gee iam broke again... it seens me and my dad have spent about 2k we dont have, thats more than half of what we payed... i had to save birthday money etc.. to get the money to rebuild it. and it still needs some work to get it be an mx/trail quad lol i got boots for my birthday so nerf bars and other safety stuff can wait a bit longer... damn me and my expensive hobbys...

sorry for the long post, John Evan Becker

BlasterRacer26
06-22-2006, 10:07 AM
Well, many people on this site are probably a lot more deserving of this then me, but im going to nominate myself. Last summer I worked just about everyday to get enough money to get my quad race ready and tobe able to race and every dollar I made went into my quad, which was over $1000. The last race of the year the transmission went and me nor my family are not necassairly made of money, so it sat all winter. We finally got it to the shop a couple months ago and its still there getting fixed, and im not going to complain because the guy is doing it for cheap (family friend) as that is what I could afford at the time, it sucks though after not riding since October '05. If I won this, it would totally erase the past 8 months of being quadless and would be great to be able to show up to a track and ride in stlye.

insaneracin2003
06-22-2006, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
can adults enter? hehe if so here is mine

I'm a 21 year old college student from the town of Alvin, Texas. I race in two quad racing associations: the STQRA (South Texas Quad Racing Association) and the GCQRA (Gulf Coast Quad Racing Association.) For a few years now, motocross racing has been my life. I have put off the usual social events of a college student to go and race. Everything else did not mean anything to me. I wanted to get out there and fullfilll my goal, which is to race in the Womens Production class in the GNC Nationals. To get into it, I got a job and saved up for two years to buy my first quad. My first quad was a 1987 Honda 250x, which I quickly outgrew skillwise in a couple of months. For my 18th birthday, I bought a 2002 Cannondale Cannibal. Bad luck quickly came to me with the Cannondale when the motor locked up on me during my first ride. For a year and a half, it was a constant battle to get the quad running right. I did not have a job then as my college schedule wouldnt allow it, my hours changed every few weeks and I was in class six to eight hours a day. I would scrape money together just to race. My parents never would pay for my racing, nor would they go to watch me race or be there for me when I got hurt. I shattered my left foot in September of 2005. I was not going to let it get me down. During the winter of 2005, I got a lucky break and got some support on my Cannondale. My motor got rebuilt and I got some nice updates on it. My foot was slowly healing, and I was determined to race no matter what. It was looking up for 2006. I went and won my first couple of races, but the bad luck happened again. On the way to a race, my truck was rear ended and it messed up my quad. We didnt know it was that bad until we tested it out on the track (to see what all was wrong) and the motor locked up on me (from bent cases) and ended up breaking my wrist a day after my 21st birthday. Reality sunk in- my Cannondale was totalled from the car accident. My parents actually showed up in the ER when this wreck happened, but not to comfort me, but to tell me that I was pathetic and stupid. I let their words settle on thin air and did not take them to heart. A couple weeks after breaking my wrist, I was back on the track (with a heavily wrapped wrist) and won my motos on a borrowed quad. When the insurance money for the Cannondale comes in, I will be buying a 2006 Suzuki LTR450. Besides racing, I work part time, and I am a full time college student as well.
OK,This girl ( Kara) is top notch on and off the track.Very dedicated to racing and helping others at the track. I was at race in Splendora,Texas,just out there watching and Kara was racing with a cast on her leg from when she hurt her foot. I asked why she was out there running and she said that she was getting all the points she can for the point series. I know alot of people race while they are hurt but when we are talking about rider dedication,Kara is one that will do what it takes to race. With her being enrolled in college and racing at the same time,this is what we need our children to see and be involved in.
Kara,I vote for you.Next time I see ya at the track,don't woop up on me,remember,i am older and a lil more fragile than you....lol.

FoxRacing81
06-22-2006, 10:30 AM
I would like to nominate myself for this great thing you doing.

Now, I am not one to want to take hand outs. I'd much rather work myself and be rewarded for it. I do believe this is a great thing however.

I believe I should be selected for this because I have gone through many tough times, in life and through riding actually. My mother past away whenever I was in 4th grade; two days after my tenth birthday. That was and still is to date the hardest thing I have ever had to go through in my life. I haven't had that much handed to me. A few things here and there after it had happened. I got my first quad, a Yamaha Warrior. It was a decent quad, but cheap, and relativley prone to breaking easily. It was fun while it lasted, but that was never long. I later wound up getting a 250r. Nice quad, but again, not in the best of shape. I wound up getting suckered into a bad deal that involved trading my 250r for a 400ex that was "supposedly" all bored out and done up, which it turned out to never be true. After several other bad deals taking place, I have wound up with a quad in worse shape and even less money then whenever I traded for it thanks to the ignorance of some people. I haven't been able to ride for over 6 months due to not having enough money to fix this machine to where I'd be okay with riding it. I am currently trying to sell this quad so I can put money towards a powdercoating oven to maybe open a business and save up and eventually get a new quad, but if it were to get a rehaul, I'd have no reason to sell it. All I really wanna do though, is ride. All of my friends race and all have really nice 450rs that they race nearly every week, and I feel so left behind almost on a 426ex that isn't in good shape. If I were to win, I'd go racing with them every weekend, being happy that I was riding a quad that I wouldn't have to worry about it breaking and knowing it would be a nice quad that I wouldn't be embarrassed to ride. Please select me, and thanks for reading.

[EDIT] Since JRP said it's someone who should be dedicated, I go to every race with my friends and help them/work on there quads/watch there every moto and give them tips about what they should do to improve there racing and whos fast and whos not in there classes that day. And trust me, if the quad was in good condition, I'd be right there with them every weekend.

yamaha91
06-22-2006, 10:32 AM
I just got an 05 450r from procycle for $4500, and i spent my whole life savings since i was 10 on it, i am 15 now. It is everything i have dreamed of, i love it. I always watch the pros and how they have all the expensive aftermarket parts, and i wish i could get all that stuff, because i think it is getting a little too late to start racing now, but i really want to start. People act like it is such a small deal to buy tires and wheels, and stuff like that. But i have to save up for at least a year before i can even buy new tires and wheels for my bike. So if i got this makeover for my bike, i could start racing, and not have to worry about how long i have to save up for the next part that i need for it, i can just ride and not worry. Thanks for listening.

Tyler

400eXr1d3rZ
06-22-2006, 10:47 AM
I sent you a PM Pappy.

elementryder
06-22-2006, 10:48 AM
hey pappy my name is tyler and i think ishould get my 300ex redone i live in millersville pa and run mx i have a decent bike but all the other racers make fun of me fore how it looks i would muck rather have stuff to go faster but it seems this thred is for looks i am currently #1 in sleepy hollow points buy at 10 points and would like to try and get some sponsors next year and would like to represent them well this is my 1st year racing and im 13

ps: you should bring cody to a practice on 6/24 aand let cody give some mx a try

exrider008
06-22-2006, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by 450robot
well, i nominate JRP too, he seems to be really aspired towards riding MX, everytime i see him, it looks like his skills progress that much further

but his skills are starting to surpass his bike, and soon he is gonna need an upgrade to allow him to continue developing his techniques.

so dont let him get dragged down by a sub-par MX quad (not bashing on you jrp, just saying your quad needs some loving for your styleof riding)

i 2nd that!!

JRP gets my vote.

WhiteYFZ
06-22-2006, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by YAYHonda
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by 450robot

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I 3rd it.

He also gets my vote

I 4th it

mx450r99
06-22-2006, 11:27 AM
I vote for FoxRacing81

400eXr1d3rZ
06-22-2006, 11:31 AM
I didnt know this was a, who ever has the most votes wins, type thing.

06-22-2006, 11:37 AM
Hey Pappy, I nominate my father. He was the one who introduced me into the world of off road taking me to the desert back in 1977 when I was a young pup of 5 years old. Put me on my JR 50, gave me a push and started me on this path that has given me years of pleasure.

He spends so much time helping others, from financial needs to still coaching soccer teams long after I stopped playing. He always thinks of himself last and for once I think he should placed first, because without him, myself and many others would not be as successful as we are. He could probably get it done himself, but has not had any time to even look at it since the motor updates were done, so I think this would give him quite a boost.

He currently has a Cannondale Cannibal that has had all the internal updates but is in need of a cosmetic makeover at least. Perhaps even an A-arm upgrade or PC and some shocks.

I think that the C-Dale is a cool candidate as well, by perhaps polishing the frame out and maybe doing some burnt orange PC and Plastics or some other combination...just somthing to really get his juices flowing for the desert again, and to have a one of a kind ride to enjoy.

Thanks for your consideration.

Blue

06-22-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
I didnt know this was a, who ever has the most votes wins, type thing. i sure hope its not... because you know people are gonna cheat :(

PeeWee21
06-22-2006, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by insaneracin2003
OK,This girl ( Kara) is top notch on and off the track.Very dedicated to racing and helping others at the track. I was at race in Splendora,Texas,just out there watching and Kara was racing with a cast on her leg from when she hurt her foot. I asked why she was out there running and she said that she was getting all the points she can for the point series. I know alot of people race while they are hurt but when we are talking about rider dedication,Kara is one that will do what it takes to race. With her being enrolled in college and racing at the same time,this is what we need our children to see and be involved in.
Kara,I vote for you.Next time I see ya at the track,don't woop up on me,remember,i am older and a lil more fragile than you....lol.

This girl ALSO had quite a few people donate her parts and labor from Cannondaelriders to get the Cannondale in the shape it was in so she pretty much had her makeover! No offense, but she knows what the members of Daleriders done for her!

Mxjunkie
06-22-2006, 11:50 AM
I nominate my friend Jimmy Sullivan. He has allways wanted to ride growing up when everyone else had quads and dirtbikes. He has done just about every job out there and stayed tip top shape in school. Jimmy finally purchased a 1995 warrior and Jimmy is excelling very well at riding. He works hard for his quad but you can only work so much. He is extremly dedicated to riding and racing he doesnt let the fact that he rides a warrior keep him down in riding! I've tryed to help him as much as possible with his quad it needs some tlc to be nice about it. I wish I could do more for him because honestly he is so into riding since he started. He has ridden his quad maybe 5 times since he has purchased it because most of the time when he goes riding something breaks. Everytime we ride togather I let him ride my banshee so his quad will stay togather to ride the rest of the day. I've given him free wheels and tires when I could and I've taken nuts and bolts off my own four wheeler to get him out riding. He is very kind to other riders, He doesnt mind lending a hand when someone needs gas or if someone breaks down.

If Jimmy was picked to have his quad redone by you Pappy I cannot sum it up in words how happy he would be and I would be because I would think how happy he would be riding for a day and not having to worry about his quad breaking down.

Here's Jimmy riding having a blast doing some xc :)
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=2334876

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=2334868

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=2334879

TCRACING425EX
06-22-2006, 12:52 PM
reguarding the extreme quad makeover i would like to nominate myself. Im a high school junior and attend Ulster County VOTEC majoring in their motorcyle/outdoor power program. I was recently on the honor roll, and have attained certification in both two,and four stroke engines. My future plans are to go to college to earn a degree and eventually own my own business. I also have a part time job at a restaurant approximately 20 hrs a week. After saving money I was able to buy a 2006 450er with my parents help. All of my spare time goes toward my quad and I have goals to begin racing, and one day race full circuits. Within the past six months of owning my 450er I have ridden every chance i have not been working or in school and have been able to add some aftermarket parts to start racing. Over the past weekend i let my friend ride it, to have him come back and tell me he hit a 55 gallon berrel filled with cement, he ended up bending my frame, and ruining my bumper and skidplate. Although my friend will be paying for everything he does not have the best paying job. So in order for me to be able to ride once more, I will buying a new frame and adding it to my loan that i have already in exsistance so I wont have very much cash around to be putting into my atv. Having someone do this stuff would make my year for me and really help me get back up on my feet.

thanks for reading and i hope to hear back from you,
matt short

BlasterEaten250
06-22-2006, 01:29 PM
I would like to nominate my dad to get a makeover for his ATV. There are several reasons why my brother and I believe this would make a great surprise for him. First, my dad has done nothing but make financial and personal sacrifices for us. He has always supported us through life and I can not think of a better way to repay him. My dad always puts other's needs in front of his own, so in turn his ATV has been looking a little rough lately. After getting in a very serious riding accident last summer, i think it is important that he has a better looking ride so we stay involved in the sport. ATVs has brought us together and given us a close bond; i feel that this is the least we can do to give him something in return, since he has given us so much.

His 2002 stock 400ex is getting a little rusty and used. We keep it as clean as we can for him, but it could use a good tear down. It's in a real need of a makeover. I think it would be a nice surprise to him.

Chicksdigme423
06-22-2006, 01:38 PM
i'm going to start off with this... i love to ride and it's kind of hard to do that when you dont have a carrier in your swingarm for 6 months... i love riding and i love to ride as much as i can, infact when my quad wasnt apart i would ride every day after school, atleast for an hour or so... i'm not a racer but i've always wanted to be but my parents could never afford to put me on a bike that cost more than 500 dollars... so last summer i found a job and got paid really well, and with all of my earnings i bought my 300ex, and had a little money left over, i had to keep adjusting the valve clearance, later to find out the rocker arms were wearing down and scored up the cam... i had enough to replace it but moeny was getting low, so then i turn around and about 2 months later my output shaft grinds the splines off... so i replaced that shaft... tore the motor down, put a new one in and put it back together... and i notice my bearing carrier is bad and my axle is worn, this was in the end of november... in 6 months i cant afford to replace a 150 dollar carrier and a 250 dollar axle... now i just need a carrier and an axle, i was able to afford the shaft gasket set, chain and sprockets... but i have been unable to afford the last two pieces of my pride and joy.

edit- my atv is a 1996 300ex, she just needs a little bit of tlc to become the atv that she once was...

i've missed atvriders.com group rides like the one at breezwood, which i really wanted to attend...

anyways, all i've wanted to do is ride, but financially it's just been out of the question....

i'm sorry this was such a long post, but hopefully you take my story to heart...

thank you for your time pappy

trict_out
06-22-2006, 02:11 PM
Sent you a Pm Pappy

TheFontMaster
06-22-2006, 02:34 PM
Personaly I don't think that people should be alowed to nominate themselfs. Even though thier intentions may be good, it just seems a bit conceded. But that's just my oppinion.

trx400exxracer
06-22-2006, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by TheFontMaster
Personaly I don't think that people should be alowed to nominate themselfs. Even though thier intentions may be good, it just seems a bit conceded. But that's just my oppinion.

but say someone really needs it more than someone else on here and noone knows anything about them on here i mean not everyone knows everyone

i mean i am sure pappy will filter to the important ones

trict_out
06-22-2006, 03:00 PM
This should be based on who needs or deserves it more...not a popularity contest.

FourFiftyFour
06-22-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by PeeWee21
This girl ALSO had quite a few people donate her parts and labor from Cannondaelriders to get the Cannondale in the shape it was in so she pretty much had her makeover! No offense, but she knows what the members of Daleriders done for her!

I did not say no one had helped me out before. I said I had support in getting it redone in the winter of 05. I had a motor rebuild from a member on there. I got to race on the quad a couple of times and then it got totalled in a car accident. However, it is nice to know how people like to butt in other's business.

I had also listed Cannondaleriders.com and several others as sponsors... I put the Cannondale on the podium, which is what they asked me to do.

wvspeedfreak
06-22-2006, 03:42 PM
C'mon people.Pappy is doing a really cool thing here.Try not to turn it into a jealousy fest.Submit your nomination and let it be.

FBRacing76
06-22-2006, 04:09 PM
Since everyone else is nominating themselves I guess I will nominte me. I love to ride my quad but haven't be able to do so for the past 2 months nor can I hold a job to obtain any money. I am 17 and had a minor procedure done to my kidneys and the doctor sealed my artery wrong, which caused me to get blood clots through the inside of my body. I have gone through surgerys and was on bed rest for almost 2 months. My life is my 400ex now I can not work my summer job to put the money into that I planned too. I guess thats why I kinda think I might deserve this re-build

bayou boy
06-22-2006, 06:00 PM
i think you should do mine because i am getting tired of looking at the way it looks now and think it would be cool to get a free makeover.....naw but i think it is a cool idea and hats off for doing it

bullitz400
06-22-2006, 06:19 PM
I would have to nominate my friend FST400exrider. His name is Tim Schaub. Grows up in a small town in Gilberts Illinois. Used to have a blaster but managed to get a 400ex. When he got it he didnt know what he was in for and practically started with junk.

Some info on where he lives and his back ground. Tim has grown up around pot smokers, drinkers, alcoholics, underage kids, just the people you dont want to hang out with. Hes been through tough times and rejected them all. He dedicates a lot of his time to school, quads, and a little guitar. We used to ride a while back but got kicked out. Now we stay on the legal parts. Getting him out riding helps him avoid all the trouble he gets at home.

Hes managed to get his 400ex (that used to be junk) in great condition. Used to have cracked fenders, junk looking a-arms, broken handlebars / controls, broken grab bar, bald tires, clogged arb, etc. From learning on his own and taking a few pointers from me hes re-done the issues that needed fixing. Mind to let you all know he had to do this in a small compact garage while all the other kids sat in the other pot of the garage and passed the boll. Hes a very determined kid, very smart in school. I know he is in the top 15%. Now I don't know too many kids who are that high and have to live with that kind of people. He is still only 15 years old and tries anything to get money for his quad.

In example, lawn mowing, walking to town to apply for jobs (no one called back), chores, washing cars, etc. Most things a 15 year old is only capable of. He got some buisness but just enough to buy some spray paint so he could re-paint some parts to give his quad a new look.

With about 300.00 that he worked up from selling all his paintball equipment, video games, working, etc. He's made the quad look great. NEW set of handlebars, new controls, new grips. He got some new tires for his birthday. Quad runs great after carb re-build kid. He got a GREAT deal on some new Yellow Maier plastics. He painted his oil can and heat shield black. Quad still has no graphics but gets him around the trails.

I really think this kid could use more work on his quad than it has. He is a very small kid yet very smart. He gets picked on all the time and deserves more for what he does. One example of being picked on was when he was in Honors woodshop.

He got parts of his finger cut off, not because of improper use but because someone nuged him and his finger got caught in a blade. He had to go home and is still out of riding because of some idiot. He posted on another ATV sight and all he got was BS because he wasnt working how he should have. Now if the kid is in top 15% i'm sure he knows what hes doing.

After all this, I hope you take this post into consideration and read over how he is and what hes grown up as. Hope this goes somewhere. Thanks for reading.

Ryan

TRX23rider
06-22-2006, 07:18 PM
I would like to enter myself into this contest. My name is Tim Dino and I live in Waterloo, NY. I almost sold my quad to buy a dirtbike but as soon as I had a serious offer on it I just could not do it. I now plan to race but I know that i can't be as competative as I would like with a basically stock 400ex. I am only 16 years old and plan on getting a job but I still will not be able to afford to buy all the parts I plan on using. My mother often accuses me of having an addiction with shopping online even though I never buy anything becasue i have no money. I ride nearly every day and even though I take care of my quad and do all the basic maintainence on it, it does not look like it is a 2005. I am starting to get worried that it is not going to be able to handle the types of riding I do. The axle, shocks, and a-arms are all staring to show wear and any day I think they are going to break. I have been riding quads since i was 9 years old and i think it is about time that I start to make something out of it. I have my first race coming up soon and i am hoping that i can get my quad ready for any of the rough terrain and jumps that an mx course can throw at it. I have learned so much about atv through this site. Before I came to this site I thought it was a major accomplishment to take of the rear fenders and seat off my 400ex and now I have learned how to jet a carb and make sure it is running good, how to check your valves, and basically how a four stroke engine functions. I owe 98% of my knowledge to this site and the great people that share their knowledge with the rest of us. I remember when I was first new to this site i answered someones questions and some one else quoted me and i said i was 100% correct. I felt so good to know that I could help someone and that I was not the only one who needed help.

Thank you for this great opportunity and may the most deserving win:D

Hondaexboy
06-22-2006, 07:38 PM
Hey
i would like to nominate my dad. He rides a 1986 honda 200sx. we live in pacific Missouri. He loves to ride but it is not as fun for him becaus of the suspension and the power on his bike. He would really like to get a new bike but he just got me the best present I ever got,....a 2002 honda 400ex. my mom wont let him get a new one because we need other things first she says. when we ride we always have to wait and i have to keep looking back to make sure he gets up the hills. i keep trying to convince him its time for a new one but he said that it has not broken down so he will still ride it. I dont even like to ride it because its scary on the trails:eek:
thanks
josh

06-22-2006, 07:50 PM
Please ATVriders please pimp my quad
I would like to nominate my self. My name is Jason, I live in a small town in Louisiana.
I have a stock 2002 warrior that I bought used in very rough condition, that I thought I could have enough money to restore it “I was wrong”. When I bought the warrior it had an busted block, busted plastic, bad brake pads, nails in the tires, big rip in the seat, busted axle carrier, slick sprockets. The plastic was so busted up I had to take it all off. I’m desperate to ride a quad again.
So ATVriders please pimp my quad.
Thanks

Honda 250X 91
06-22-2006, 07:56 PM
pappy,

My name is Lance Smith. I got a 01 Mojave that i would love to have redone. It's in pieces right now in my grandparents basement. I sold it a while back to my friend and he took it and beat the #%#@ out of it and i have not ripped the motor apart to look at the piston but by the shavings in the left side of the case it looks bad. I would love to have it redone or started to do it because i loved that bike and i think it would be a real race machine if i had money to put into it. RIght now i don't b/c i will be turning 16 in october and i have a truck to pay for and insurance and i only have a job on a small farm down the road. To make it all worse and the facts of fixing this bike, my parents are getting divorsed right now so my mom will have trouble making money so it will make this rebuild even harder. I have always wanted to widen this thing up put a lil beef in the motor and see wat this bike could really do. I like the Mojave's i've seen that people have redone. The reason i think i should have this done is b/c i have rode since i was 6 and loved riding! i always watned to race but never had the money to build my bike up to race standards and now i see the oppurtunity by this if i was chosen!

angelon400ex
06-22-2006, 09:55 PM
I nominate my husband Ron. He is one of the most giving people I know and he is also in public service as a Spartanburg County officer in SC. People often have a lot of misconceptions about officers but he decided when he was a small boy that he wanted to be a police officer to HELP people and he does it every day he works. He has been working 60+ hour weeks to provide for us, which includes supporting me racing in the Mideast Women’s class working to win a second championship. He had never gotten on a four wheeler until he met me last year and he fell in love with the sport so much he was wanting to race his 300EX. However when it came down to it he said it was more important to him to support me and make sure I am safe.(Such as keeping me cool with the summer races due to me having heat stroke last year). His 300EX is stock and needs some extras for him to really be able to hold his own in the very competitive series or some extra sparkle to make him look sharp on the starting line. I know if it is left up to him he will always put himself last after me, our 14 yr old son who is dreaming of racing in 2 yrs (hoping to advance from the 250EX he now has) and our 7 yr old daughter who just started riding a Predator 90. I know he would appreciate it more than the average person. He has always worked hard and not had a chance to play a lot. He is 46 yrs old and would give us the world if he could and it would mean so much to me to see him get something coming to him. Thank you for your consideration. Sincerely, Angela Horn

bansheexcracer2
06-22-2006, 11:01 PM
I would like to nominate my best friend Jake Berner (XCRACER26). He is a dedicated racer, he pays for all his expenses himself and is a very talented racer. he is sixteen years old, he bought his quad 05 450R with the money his mom left behind, she died of cancer in late 2003. After all of the racing and a wanna be rebuild in the winter his quad is falling apart. He raced this years Moose Run and his quad fell aprt on him when he was running top 4 in the pro class. he has been my friend for over ten years now, and i just want to see him on a good quad, that will put up with the abuse he puts it through. He hasnt had an easy life and he is just trying to make his way to the nationals and a pro career some day and i think this would help him out greatly. he is kind and good heartnd ask all his competetors and they will say the same thing, he is never absent when some one asks a favor or when he cant finish a race to help some one out of the mud or point them a good line. If any one deserves a better quad it is this guy.

bansheexcracer2
06-22-2006, 11:09 PM
here is an example of what kind of guy he is.

Fast@$$Rider
06-22-2006, 11:45 PM
im 15 years old i live in globe arizona and i am working at my local dealership to pay for my quad between my payments and helping out around the house i really don't have any money to spend on my quad i ride it every dayafter i get off work and finish my chores i wish i could do some stuff to it but i just don't have the money right now i would be so grateful if you pick me to have my quad tricked out. here is a pic of it i love it i would really appreciate it if you choose me. thx for the oppurtunity.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h11/Fasterthanyou200/ethansLTR002.jpg

armysig
06-23-2006, 01:29 AM
Pappy and BK Performance,

In 2003 my war buddy and I were in Iraq for the Army and were talking about what we were going to do once we returned to the states. One of our goals at the time was to hit the Taco Bell and get a few tacos and some Dew’s to wash them down with. It had been so long sense either of us had some good home town fast food, and we couldn’t stop thinking about it.

Then one night as we were waiting for the mail to come, we started to talk about quads and dirt bikes. He had told me he’d owned a KTM when he was back in PA and kept telling me how much fun it was. I’d always been a guy that liked MX and trail riding but I’d never had the funds to afford such an expensive toy. We had gotten on the topic of quads and how good Arizona was for riding and just having fun on the trails.

So the 2 of us made a promise that we’d buy some quads and hit the trails once we had gotten back from the Middle East.

Jump to early 2004 when we returned, our first order of business were the tacos at Toco Bell. I’ll tell you this, after eating MRE’s (meal ready to eat) for 12 months; a taco was like eating a juicy steak for the first time.

Our second order of business was to keep our promises to each other. We both went down to the local Honda dealership and bought 2 2004 Honda 400EX’s. He bought the yellow one, I bought the red one. I didn’t care too much for yellow and red was the only other color.

Now I’ll tell you this. I had NO clue on how to ride a quad. I had ridden a street bike, but that was 6 years prior to getting this quad. So the least to say I was out of practice on the 1 down and a few up for shifting.

We spent a lot of time on the trails on Ft. Huachuca and other spots in Arizona close to home. The mountains were just fantastic to view and to ride on during the day. I couldn’t believe how free I was riding this fun quad.

Well, a few weeks had gone by and my buddy tells me he knows someone in town that had a membership at a local MX track and we were invited to come out and have some fun. I had never been on a track; I had never done any serious jumping or racing. So you can imagine I was a little nervous about ridding there.
My army buddy tells me that it’s not that hard and he’d ride in front to guide me as to not crash or go to fast at first.
After that first lap I had found what I had been missing my entire life. Motocross tracks and racing. I fell in love, I couldn’t get enough of the feeling of flying through the air and landing and talking off again for the next jump.

I had heard about a MX race at a local track in Tucson and I decided to give it a try. Now remember I hadn’t been riding for maybe more than 3 months and I just entered myself in a race. My quad was completely stock, now just imagine some of the looks I had received from people on YFZs and the new TRX 450R, with the suspension all nice and wide and some with high dollar frame jobs. I had thought I was way out of my league for this. But I had remembered one thing. Just have fun! And that’s what I did, I had a blast!!!! Yes I got my rear end handed to me, but I didn’t care. I met a lot of cool people and I had enjoyed every minute of the race.

Jump to November 7th 2005. It’s my wedding anniversary; I didn’t have a good place to store my quad. The best I could do was lock it up under my car port at my apartments.

Well Sad to say my quad was stolen. The thieves snapped the 2 chains and locks I had on it. I know, it was a dumb place to store it, but at the time I had no other way of securing it.

I had received a call from the local police about the theft, I didn’t even know about it at first. The cops were nice enough to let me know were it was and how to get it back. The only thing is, the thieves had taken every sticker or identifying mark off of the quad. They then did one thing worse in my mind. They painted all the plastics blue and had then sanded the paint off. When I went to get my quad I was devastated. I couldn’t believe that someone could do this to me. I had taken care of my baby, I made sure that it always had fresh oil and was maintained. And here it was, looking like the quad was 20 years older than it truly was. Luckily I had the quad insured and I was able to get a lot of stock parts for it, but then I decided to go after my dream. I wanted to be a quad MX racer. So with the help of my friend we started to shop around for parts that would make my dream come true.

The first thing I wanted was a nice set of shocks. I always wanted to know what it was like to ride like a pro. I did a lot of research and I ended up buying a used set off of Ebay. Now that I had the shocks I needed A-arms. I had received some advice, and I went with American Star Racing. The biggest selling point for me was the life time warranty on the product. Slowly but surely I was building a race quad. I saved up more money and I picked up an axle and some other parts needed. Skid plate, handle bars, and a steering dampener. This has taken me a lot of time, money and research to get my quad in a some what race ready condition, but I was doing it.

There are a lot of things I want to work on, such as my engine, Powder Coat my frame and getting new plastics, but all have to wait for the funds.
I’m not in the Army any more, I now work for them as a contractor, but my income isn’t much better than it was while I was in.
I’m also a fairly newly wed man with a very bright eyed little girl that takes up all of my attention when I’m at home. I love every minute of being a husband and a father.
I’m not looking for a hand out, just some help to get my quad to its proper state. Something that I can be proud to ride while at the track. I would like it to reflect not only my time in the army and the good times I had with my war buddy, but to also reflect the great times I’m having rebuilding my dream machine.

Thank you for your time,

William Budwit AKA Armysig Hooah!!!

PeeWee21
06-23-2006, 04:12 AM
I did not say no one had helped me out before. I said I had support in getting it redone in the winter of 05. I had a motor rebuild from a member on there. I got to race on the quad a couple of times and then it got totalled in a car accident. However, it is nice to know how people like to butt in other's business.

I had also listed Cannondaleriders.com and several others as sponsors... I put the Cannondale on the podium, which is what they asked me to do.

I'll tell you just like i would tell EVERYONE else...this is about SOMEONE OTHER THAN YOURSELF. I can come up with 50 reasons why i deserve....i also can come up with 100 reason why others deserve it. I knew there were some selfish people on the board and i'm sorry to say that this thread REALLY LETS THEM SHINE! I think anyone who has nominated themselves needs automatically thrown out, which includes you. Besides...just a motor Kara? Should we go to Daleriders and dig up the thread of EVERYTHING you were given? It's unfortunate that your Dale was totalled, i'll admit that, but to say your deserving over a father of 3 that puts his kids before HIMSELF, and his wheeler sets in the garage broken because he fixes his childrens quad and lets his sit so they can ride..... well, your not. FYI, i normally stay out peeps business, i hate to be into a controversy but you and some others crossed the line IMO. That's the ultimate act of selfishness, taking something from someone who TRULY deserves it because you can get it.

GIXXER1KR
06-23-2006, 05:30 AM
No sob stories here!!!Just want my old 2 stroke finished.I am broke now.All it really needs is some shock rebuilds,tons of PC,and little extras!!!Id like to nominate my 1986 Quadracer 250!!It was my quad for years and a never ending project!!!I couldnt afford to finish it.It just kept braking on me so i went and financed my TRX450r and spent a lot of time and money fixing that up!!!I am now broke so the 2 stroke just sits there.Now my girlfriend is getting into riding and rides my 450 and that leaves me the 2 stroke.The bike is a semi finished project.It could use tons of PC and all the little extras.At least when she rides the 450 i woont look so bad LOL!!!Help Pappy.It needs your Powder Coating talent.:)It finally runs great but could use a lot of freshening up!!!!It all original on the metal!!!:devil:**** is there a runner up discount!!LOL!!!!!!!!!

Quad18star
06-23-2006, 06:13 AM
My turn to chime in .

I'm going to nominate Bart ( LTandRaptorRider) for a makeover on his new Suzuki LTR450 . I've never personally met Bart or ever spoken to him but have formed a friendship through this website even though we live thousands of miles apart .... hell we live in different countries .

I know over the last few years Bart has had some bad luck but he has always kept a good spirit about whatever has happened . He suffered a serious accident nearly 2 years ago which sat him out in a hospital bed for quite some time and kept him from being able to go to work everyday for a while . From what I remember , the accident also cause quite a bit of damage to one of his quad . But even an accident couldn't keep this guy out of the game for very long and he's now back to riding a stock LTR450 .

I could have nominated myself for this contest , but I know this guy deserves it more than I do . He's helped me out through some hard times and given me encouragement to keep battling through my recovery from injuries and surgeries . Bart is the kind of guy that I'd kick back , have a few beer and shoot the chit with . He deserves a little bit of BLING to his Suzuki !!!!!

Lataz,
Greg Larocque

p.s. If you wanna do some PC work to my Grizzly , I won't say No . :p

hardkoratvmxr
06-23-2006, 07:08 AM
I unnominate myself due to the fact that I prolly dont deserve it. It isnt right to nominate yourself so unnominating myself is what feels right to me. At first when i first nominated myself i figured that noone would ever nominate me because nooone knows me and I havent been to any group rides or anything but I guess its who you know that helps you out. So Pappy if you will take me off the list I would appreciate it.

06-23-2006, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by hardkoratvmxr
I unnominate myself due to the fact that I prolly dont deserve it. It isnt right to nominate yourself so unnominating myself is what feels right to me. At first when i first nominated myself i figured that noone would ever nominate me because nooone knows me and I havent been to any group rides or anything but I guess its who you know that helps you out. So Pappy if you will take me off the list I would appreciate it.

lol i feel the same

no one would nominate me so i nominated myself....its not the right thing to do, but YECK! imagine if i won lol :eek2:

whoever wins is gonna be so lucky...Pappy is the man1

Mx_523
06-23-2006, 09:04 AM
When does the contest end?

FHKracingZ
06-23-2006, 09:57 AM
holy crap... some of you dont need Pappy you need Oprah or Dr. Phil... geeze :confused:

bullitz400
06-23-2006, 09:59 AM
Just as a side note,

Why are some people coming on here with like new quads asking for make overs? You just got the quad? How much prettier do you want it to be? I see some people have raced out quads and they still want it? How about someone in *NEED* of a make over, not this new or race ready B.S.

Pappy
06-23-2006, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Mx_523
When does the contest end?

Whenever I decide on a person

Lots of good stuff. Its hard trying to help everyone, but trying to pick just 1 is even tougher.

Mx_523
06-23-2006, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
Whenever I decide on a person

Lots of good stuff. Its hard trying to help everyone, but trying to pick just 1 is even tougher.

Okay thanks.

Moto250X_Rider
06-23-2006, 12:26 PM
i would like to nominate myself because i have a 1987 250X with original plastic...and spray painted parts to cover up where i cleaned up the rust that was on it i can't afford a new quad ...i really wish i could. would love a new 400ex but i have a house me and my G\F are in school, bills out the rear and have no time for a 2nd job cause i volenteer my time to the township(firefighter)that and all my friends have nice new quads and that u have mine lol.....i'm the oddball of the group i'v bin trying to put new parts on here and therre whan i can scrape up the money but it's slow going anyway just wish my quad can be cleaned up and done right...so i could be proud of her

p.s. sorry about the spelling.....thanks pappy!!!

yellowzo3
06-23-2006, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by bullitz400
Just as a side note,

Why are some people coming on here with like new quads asking for make overs? You just got the quad? How much prettier do you want it to be? I see some people have raced out quads and they still want it? How about someone in *NEED* of a make over, not this new or race ready B.S.

couldnt have said it better myself.

87250rxrider
06-23-2006, 01:28 PM
i would like to nominate myself as well. i'm not sure that i have a good enough reason, but i'll tell you, anyway, about why i feel worthy of this. this goes back a little way as well. 2 years ago i started working my entire summer and winter breaks in order to afford to purchase a quad which would be good for racing. i was 16 at the time and owned a slightly modded trx250x that i had purchased myself 3 years prior for $1000. i decided it was time to move up in order to race. i came to the conclusion that i was going to build myself a fully race 250r from the ground up, with the extra money i had left after paying for car insurance and other expenses. i spent 2 years and about $5000 to build the quad i had always dreamed of. it had a 295cc stroker motor, all long travel suspension, Axis shocks... lets just say it was worked. after only about one month of having it running, the motor unexpectantly grenaded causing about $1000 in damage to the engine. i had no extra money left to fix it, so i was forced to sell. with the money i made selling the 250r, i purchased a TT race yz426 hybrid and began to make the switch to an MX quad. after turning it over to an MX race quad another accident happened. while practicing, i hit something, with the front tire, protruding from the ground after rounding a corner. the impact on the front tire was great enough to lauch myself off the quad and the quad into the air, completing 1 full rotation in the air, landing back down on me, then rolling 2 more times at a good rate of speed. when i brought the quad back into the garage, i checked all the parts and everything seemed to be in perfect order. well, after checking the frame again, i noticed that it was cracked in half under the fuel tank, meaning all strength was jeopardized. the quad has now been unrideable for a few months, as i can not afford to fix it. i will manage to repair the frame, but the new powdercoat job has been ruined and that will never be abel to get fixed with my budget. i just graduated high school the other day(wednesday) and have to put any money i make this summer towards college. i was hoping that you could somehow help me get my hybrid to the way it was before my unfortunate tumble. i have had a string of bad luck, and i've been looking to break it. Pappy, i'm hoping that you can help me break this string of bad luck. thank you for taking the time to read this. there are much more deserving people on this site, but i'm just giving it a try like everybody else.
thanks,
-Ryan

Blue_Streak23
06-23-2006, 04:31 PM
I would like to nominate myself.:D I'm 15 years old, and own a 2002 raptor 660. I love to ride anyhting with an engine. I feel i should deserve this, because I am a hard working kid, with love for a sport in which involves alot of time, and money. I work hard in school, and have been tring very hard for jobs to earn money to keep my four-wheeler running. As you might know, the raptor in its first few years was far from perfect. Most of my money earned just goes to fixing parts. I would really love add on some new a nd improved parts, and to give her a better look. I would just really like to ride my four-wheeler a day or two, and have nothing break or go wrong. I would really appreciate to have a chance like this happen to me.

-Thanks Ethan

06-23-2006, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Blue_Streak23
I would like to nominate myself.:D I'm 15 years old, and own a 2002 raptor 660.

-Thanks Ethan

sounds like youve got it good already...

Warnerade
06-23-2006, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Blue_Streak23
I would like to nominate myself.:D I'm 15 years old, and own a 2002 raptor 660. I love to ride anyhting with an engine. I feel i should deserve this, because I am a hard working kid, with love for a sport in which involves alot of time, and money. I work hard in school, and have been tring very hard for jobs to earn money to keep my four-wheeler running. As you might know, the raptor in its first few years was far from perfect. Most of my money earned just goes to fixing parts. I would really love add on some new a nd improved parts, and to give her a better look. I would just really like to ride my four-wheeler a day or two, and have nothing break or go wrong. I would really appreciate to have a chance like this happen to me.

-Thanks Ethan you feel you deserve this? that right there should disqaulify you.

wantablaster
06-23-2006, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
I nominate my friend Jimmy Sullivan. He has allways wanted to ride growing up when everyone else had quads and dirtbikes. He has done just about every job out there and stayed tip top shape in school. Jimmy finally purchased a 1995 warrior and Jimmy is excelling very well at riding. He works hard for his quad but you can only work so much. He is extremly dedicated to riding and racing he doesnt let the fact that he rides a warrior keep him down in riding! I've tryed to help him as much as possible with his quad it needs some tlc to be nice about it. I wish I could do more for him because honestly he is so into riding since he started. He has ridden his quad maybe 5 times since he has purchased it because most of the time when he goes riding something breaks. Everytime we ride togather I let him ride my banshee so his quad will stay togather to ride the rest of the day. I've given him free wheels and tires when I could and I've taken nuts and bolts off my own four wheeler to get him out riding. He is very kind to other riders, He doesnt mind lending a hand when someone needs gas or if someone breaks down.
If Jimmy was picked to have his quad redone by you Pappy I cannot sum it up in words how happy he would be and I would be because I would think how happy he would be riding for a day and not having to worry about his quad breaking down.

I nominate Josh's friend he seems very deserving and like a good kid and I also nominate Armysig he also seems very deserving of it because of what he has done for our country.

400exrules
06-23-2006, 06:01 PM
wow.....someone mentions free stuff and people come a runnin from everywhere

400exrules
06-23-2006, 06:01 PM
wow.....someone mentions free stuff and people trip over themselves to run and get in line

Mx_523
06-23-2006, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by wantablaster
I nominate Josh's friend he seems very deserving and like a good kid and I also nominate Armysig he also seems very deserving of it because of what he has done for our country.

I'm with him.:macho

06-23-2006, 06:57 PM
i find it funny how most people think they are the most deserving. nominating yourself? thats rich...

ny300exrider
06-23-2006, 07:04 PM
Dear pappy and supporting sponsors,

I would like to enter my dad, Tom Mlodynia into the running for this event. This is going to be a long "essay" so ill warn you ahead of time. My dad is 46 years old and I was his first son almost 17 years ago. My dad had a great childhood and was very involved in the upcoming motocross scene. At the young age of 10, he was introduced to his first bike, a 50cc Rupp. After quickly outgrowing the Rupp, he rode his bicycle within a 15 mile radius of his Long Island home collecting scrap metal and trading it in for cash. After collecting enough metal, he was able to buy his second bike, a Honda xr75. After keeping himself busy with the xr, and getting a job at the local nursery, he began to set his sights on something bigger and more serious. After working every day for a year straight, he was able to buy himself a 1975 Honda CR125. He rode the bike almost every day, to work, to his friend’s house, anywhere and everywhere. Even after knocking his two front teeth out, he would not give up riding motocross. At the age of 20, my dad sold the CR and set his sights on a 1968 Chevy El Camino. With the help of some friends, hard work, and allot of dedication, my dad did a full on muscle car restoration. The car took home its first car show winning plaque when he was 22 years old. When my parents got married, unfortunately the toys had to be sold to fund the new house. My dad had to basically give away that El Camino, and he regrets it every day.
Now comes the part that gives me the reason to enter this. On September 11th, 2002(that’s right, exactly one year after the 9/11 world trade center attacks) my father was diagnosed with a cancerous brain tumor at the age of 42. After being misdiagnosed by numerous doctors who said "it’s just a sinus infection, it will pass soon" or "its vertigo, just take this pill and you will be fine", reality struck when he got the call saying he had brain cancer. My dad had a neuro-blastoma which is a cancer 98% of the time found in young children. The surgeons did an emergency 9 hour long procedure to open his skull and remove as much of the tumor as possible. The doctors did a fantastic job removing as much as the tumor as possible, but that was just the start of a long road ahead of him. After the surgery, my dad caught a staff infection from the hospital making him even weaker and sicker than he was after the operation. Because the cancer was still present, my dad had to do full on radiation and chemotherapy treatments. Aside from losing his great head of hair, he was forced to stop working and let the foreman of his self employed landscaping business run the show. The treatments were extremely rough, and for over a year, he was in pain, had no energy, and was highly not himself. It was very scary having this happen to someone so close, and I hated seeing him in such a bad condition. He did not stop fighting though, and refused to give up. Although there were occasional emotional times, he stayed in good spirits and battled it as hard as he could.
It is now 2006 and my dad made a 99% recovery. Not only is Tom my dad, but my boss as well. He is back to working full time (started the business 16 years ago) and I am a part of the landscaping business now as well (I still cannot keep up with him). Every 6 months since the operation, he underwent an MRI to see if he was still cancer free, and every 6 months he left a happy camper. Last winter I gave my dad my stock 2001 400ex so he could ride with me on my new 450r. Since then, he has been hooked. This was his first "toy" since he was 22 years old, and he is like a kid again. My dad is nowhere near being a racer, or wanting to go pro, but he is always down to go for a ride through the local trails and farm fields with me. With his busy work schedule, running around my 11yr old brother, and still having some time at the end of the day to relax, he has no time or funds to work on the quad like he would like. Ever since he was a kid, he has loved modified and unique machines, and I know that he would go crazy over some custom work for his quad. We are 100% understanding that plenty of people out there are just as deserving for this as us, and would use their quad for more important things(ie:racing,etc) but he is just honestly happy to enjoy his life all over again.

Thank you very much for you time,
Eric Mlodynia

edit: William Budwit, that was a great story, you seem very deserving of this!

Carnivora450
06-23-2006, 07:16 PM
Hi Pappy. My name is Amanda. I have been with my boyfriend Marky for 2 years. He owns a 2004 YFZ 450. This isnt a brand new quad. It runs...or doesn't run, like an old piece of crap. He bought it used. He had to drive an 18 hour round trip to pick up his new, so called "race ready" quad. The previous owner decided to leave some problems out of the description of the quad when he sold it to Marky. I know its hard to nominate just a few people who you think deserve it but I know that Marky deserves it. Marky has owned his YFZ, or Carnivora, for about a year and a half. For as long as I have known him which is over 5 years now he has rode to live and lived to ride. He originally owned a blaster, but of course, blasters get old. He knew he needed step up his power so he bought Carnivora. First 3 months of owning it, he found out the first problem the owner didn't tell him about. The electrical was ravished. The first few months of getting a new quad are when you want to ride the most, he brought it to a shop. They had his quad for 3 months and then gave it back untouched because they were moving. He then brought it to someone in our town who fixed it but not good enough. Last year was his first year racing and he was pumped to be able to race. His racing buddy has a small track in the back of his grandparents house where they practice and ride. It worked fine there. He brought his quad to about 3 races that summer. Yes only three, when it broke he had to try to fix it and it worked until the actual race. NO LIE, every race we went to, his practice run, it stopped working, would'nt start, would'nt even turn over. He didn't race one race last year even though he was there at all of them. Five hundred dollars of races down the drain. The guy who tried to fix his electrical problem after the first failed to do so, he did a half *** job. He had to again bring it to another shop. At this shop, Marky asked them to rewire and the mechanic "accidently" took the fan off saying it wouldn't need it because it won't over heat. He also he took the starter butten off because he said Marky dident need it because it was also had a kick start. Three hundred again down the drain. But at least it worked for him for the rest of the fall season.

While riding at his buddy's house, he undershot a jump and broke his swing arm, had to get a new one. During the end of fall, again his electrical went. And his kick start broke, before the electrical went, he pop started it for about a month. He brought it to a more well known but expensive shop who finally got the job done but cost him 1300 bucks. Marky lives with just his dad in a brand new house. Everytime it brakes, its harder to pay for. So much has gone into that quad. When its broken Marky is miserable, he just wants to ride and gets to look at it broken in the garage. I'm sure you can imagine the disappointment. Finally 2006 rolls around and Carnivora is up and running. Marky gains a new confidence for the start of his new race season. Jolly Roger rolls around. Practice race, his kick start falls off. We search the track through races looking for it all day. Telling race staff to watch for it. He made it through his practice lap great. He was upset because he lost his kick start and if he didnt find it he may not have a chance of being able to race. His first moto comes up he ended up having to pop start it. Im out there taping the starting gate waiting for him..the flag goes and im trying to watch for him in the holeshot, I dont exactly see him, 5 minutes later I hear his quad and turn around. He is riding it off the track. He didn't even get a quarter down the track. His left Foot peg fell off and he had to stop. The LCQ's were also canceled due to too many injuries that took up too much time. He ended up finding his kick start broken in half which my dad ended up welding for him because he didn't even have enough money to buy a new one while paying his car insurance. Next thing that happens while riding at his buddy's house..he cracks his swing arm. Next race rolls along..he can't race. Misses another one. 2 years now and he still hasn't finished a race due to his quad.

Recently he was at my house riding up and down the driveway. He was doing a wheelie and then spun it around and it stalled on him. We walked it to my garage. My dad realized that it was sucking too much air in and there was no compression. We take apart the engine. Three of his five valves are now useless. Again, hes missing all his races because hes having a hard time earning 500 hundred dollars to buy a new head. Another race season is passing by. He has yet to finish a race courtesy of his YFZ.

I know Marky deserves this so much. Every race he can go to his quad brakes down on him. He lives to ride. Everyday he says to me, "I want to go riding", but he can't. He gets so stressed out when he cant afford to pay for it. The year he thought he was going to improve, and be able to race, is passing by too quickly. I'd do anything to see him just ride up and down his driveway again. He is the happiest person in the world riding his quad, it has never been reliable to him, but he hasn't given up on it yet. Please help him race at least once this year. It would be a miracle if he got this advantage. I hope this letter persuades you to pick him. He would be overjoyed to just finish one race. Please let it happen for him. Thank you.

FourFiftyFour
06-23-2006, 07:55 PM
I'll tell you just like i would tell EVERYONE else...this is about SOMEONE OTHER THAN YOURSELF. I can come up with 50 reasons why i deserve....i also can come up with 100 reason why others deserve it. I knew there were some selfish people on the board and i'm sorry to say that this thread REALLY LETS THEM SHINE! I think anyone who has nominated themselves needs automatically thrown out, which includes you. Besides...just a motor Kara? Should we go to Daleriders and dig up the thread of EVERYTHING you were given? It's unfortunate that your Dale was totalled, i'll admit that, but to say your deserving over a father of 3 that puts his kids before HIMSELF, and his wheeler sets in the garage broken because he fixes his childrens quad and lets his sit so they can ride..... well, your not. FYI, i normally stay out peeps business, i hate to be into a controversy but you and some others crossed the line IMO. That's the ultimate act of selfishness, taking something from someone who TRULY deserves it because you can get it.

what the hell is your problem dude? i dont know of anyone really well on this website so who else would i nominate? why dont you start talking chit about everyone else who nominated themselves as well? so back off before you look like a jackass even more.

Bottom line.....shut the hell up about me.

catfishing
06-23-2006, 08:39 PM
LOL !! Pappy look what you started (Joking).This is a great idea Pappy. Thier is alot of people voting for themselves. You cant blame anyone for wanting their ride pimped.LOL. I got a warrior,think you could do a makeover and turn it into a 400ex. LOL!!
I know alot of you have that one friend with the yard dog that rides with you.How about vote for him!!!

Pappy
06-23-2006, 08:42 PM
:p well, it started off with good intentions. i will find someone im sure. it is kinda cool reading all the different stories, some truthful, some just out for whatever they can get. it doesnt matter, as long as someone is sincere im willing to listen.

catfishing
06-23-2006, 08:46 PM
I hear you. Reading alot of your post ,alot of these people should realize that your know dumb@zz. You will find out if they are lieing or not.They tell you a sob story and send you a quad that looks new.When you pick out the finalist make sure they send pics.Then you can choose the winner.

tamehart
06-23-2006, 08:58 PM
Very cool thing to do Kenny. Much props. Your a great guy.

PolarisRider
06-23-2006, 09:12 PM
Id like to nominate Blue250x for this make over. He bought his 250x for 900 bucks last summer. He was as happy as can be. A couple days after he got it, it stopped running. Him and his relative tore it aprt only to dicover the piston was cracked. They bored it .020 and had a 12:1 compression. It still didnt run. They then realized that stator was bad and replaced it. It ran great. A couple months later he cracked the engine casing because the chain was lose and poped. It took a while to fix that. Then we went riding again. He had bought a case saver to make sure it didnt happen again and it happened again. They fixed it. Later on his 250 wouldnt start. They realized it was the stator again. It took awhile to find a decent priced one to replace it. A couple weeks ago we were riding and stoped to talk to some friends and when he try to start it, it wouldnt run. So we just left it in the woods and came back the next day only to find it being able to start and run fine. A couple days ago it did the same thing. But it started eventually. Hes sick and tired of fixing it because all he wants to do is ride. Hes been riding for a long time and started out on a honda atc 90. I think he deserves this make over because all he worries about is his quad breaking down on him and then he will have to dump more money into it.

jokester
06-23-2006, 11:07 PM
I would like to nominate myself!!!

The reason I feel that I should be chosen to have an extreme quad makeover is because I am 16, have no job, and even if I did I still don't have a ride to get me there. So I have almost no money to buy upgrades for my 03 400ex, all the money that I do get is because of my allowence that I get, which is only $20 a month. So as you can see it's hard for me to buy anything cool that would help my quad, the current upgrades that I do have is a White Bros pro Meg exhaust, K&N air filter, 160 main jet, and I dropped a tooth in the front sprocket. I live in a small town that has a population of about 300 people at the max so it is hard to find a good job around where I live, unless you want to drive 120 miles round trip everyday. So I guess the main reason that I think that I deserve this is because I hardly have any money to put into my quad, and I go riding about 2-or 3 times every week, which is pretty much my weekends when school is in, but know that school is out, I can go riding just about every day. And if this happens then I will have more money to put into my car and be able to fix it up, while not having to worry about fixin up my quad.

So please Pappy, give my quad an extreme makeover!!!!!!!!!!!!

killen them all
06-24-2006, 12:01 AM
cool idea :D :D i vote for my dad every1 we ride with has fast quad but since he has got surge on his feet he cant ride a clutch anymore so he rides a sportsman500 he would put money into it but he really doesnt know what to do to it or have the money to put in a sportsman.. my dad is a great guy he helps so many people out if it wasnt for him i would not have my quad or my car and are x paster and his wife just split and she took everything from him so my dad invited him to live with use and pays for all his stuuf so he cant realy buy anything for himself the list goes on with what he has done.. i think its funny how you all nominate yourself for it

trx400exxracer
06-24-2006, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by killen them all
cool idea :D :D i vote for my dad every1 we ride with has fast quad but since he has got surge on his feet he cant ride a clutch anymore so he rides a sportsman500 he would put money into it but he really doesnt know what to do to it or have the money to put in a sportsman.. my dad is a great guy he helps so many people out if it wasnt for him i would not have my quad or my car and are x paster and his wife just split and she took everything from him so my dad invited him to live with use and pays for all his stuuf so he cant realy buy anything for himself the list goes on with what he has done.. i think its funny how you all nominate yourself for it

hey i know this is kinda out of place but your dad should look into tricking out a kfx700 i think that would be better than tricking out a sportsman he might like a sportier quad better just thought i woul let you know the kfx700 is an awsome quad

400eXr1d3rZ
06-24-2006, 06:47 AM
Pappy, did you get my PM?

HondaRacer300ex
06-24-2006, 08:26 AM
I nominate myself. Because I can.

LOL Just kidding!

But, that is what is coming out of this. Someone should have to nominate someone else to win.

Ralph
06-24-2006, 08:35 AM
I think if you really deserve it then there should be not problem nominating yourself. There might be needier people nominating themselves. Not everybody has friends on here to nominate them.

Chicksdigme423
06-24-2006, 08:41 AM
here's a picture of my atv as it sits

PolarisRider
06-24-2006, 08:42 AM
Here his 250. The new hood he got for it awhile ago makes it look a little better, but the plastic is still very cracked.

400eXr1d3rZ
06-24-2006, 12:57 PM
I didnt really want to post this, but here it goes. Sorry for the spelling and the horrible sentances.

Ok, my dad cheated on my mom, they got divorced, although it wasnt that simple. My dad made my mom give him 60,000 + the morgage the mom had to pay for the house which was about another 60k, my mother did not get ANYTHING out of the divorce except me, the house (becuase of the 120k) and her truck. My dad on the other hand, has 60k and is cheap and lies to me about it, doesnt want to spend a penny of it on me, wont pay my tuition for school, wont take me to the doctor/dentist (he has insurance on me and wont give it to my mom). my mom does NOT have alot of money, barely enough to pay the bills, my dad doesnt give her the right about of child support. this is really hard for me because im only 13.

Also, my dad kept trying to take me away from my mom, and my mom faught for me. but the court said i had to move away from my mom, so i went to live with my uncle for about 2 months. i still got to see my mom every day, but the fact that i got taken away from my home is depressing.

I worked my ASSS of for the P.O.S exhaust I have, I cant even afford handle bars so i have to ride with bent handle bars and a bend bumper, i was ripped off on tires. My mother does not have money to spend on my 4 wheeler, this would mean alot to me as well as my mother and brother.

Thank you,

Ryan

SET THE STAGE
06-24-2006, 02:06 PM
i deserve to have mine redone because i had about 10 stolen a while back and now i'm left with one jank 250r :p lol

(i'm not joking about them being stolen though)

dcc1089
06-24-2006, 02:53 PM
I'd like to nominate my daughter. She is 7 and has a predator 90. We ride together every saturday morning and spend the afternoon cleaning our rides together. She has really taken to the responsibility of owning an ATV. I am active duty military and spend 4 to 6 months a year overseas. I had to scratch the money together to buy her ride, but now it's time to open it up a little. I have been looking at pipes and clutch kits, but I can't afford them right now. We ride alot of trails and the stock set-up is lacking. She wants ride sone of the trails with hills, but her preddy just can't handle it. Thanks for your efforts to improve someone's life.

z4feit00
06-24-2006, 06:37 PM
I nominate myself. I recently bought a 2005 z400.... I got into the sport within the past couple years and absolutely love it! I do anything and everything I can to enjoy life to the fullest. My first quad was a huge waste of money, a 92' quadracer I drove from WI to Ohio for and paid $1500 because I was mislead. The owner took advantage of my lack of quad knowledge and sold me a quad that was, to put in nice terms, beat to hell. Parts constantly falling off, going to tracks every weekened not knowing whether or not it would run, it had to go. I went quadless for over a year, until I came across a deal I couldn't pass up. I saved, and sold what I could to come up with the money to get this machine, and even still I was almost a grand short. Because my friend see's I deserved a machine that I didn't have to worry about parts falling off, or the question of it starting or not, he loaned me the money I needed to buy it. I've been riding my z for just over a month now, and I have done bigger jumps and have covered more distance than I ever have before, on anything, and it's still very stock. I ride with 2 friends who have very nice tricked out 450's, and because of the money I owe my friend, and money I owe to a finance company for a snowmobile I have, I don't have any extra cash laying around to mod my Z at all. Another factor is, my dad is moving away and putting the financial responsibilties on my shoulders to keep the house out of debt, it's going to be impossible for me to do anything to my machince for a long time.
I put in as much seat time as I can, here is a picture from a couple weekends ago. Thanks for listening, Jack.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v418/TRUTH609/Jack-Jays11.jpg

Quad Boy 660r
06-24-2006, 08:24 PM
Well, I nominate myself also. I will be honest, my life is no tragedy.

My name is Jason Rakowski, im 15 years old. I work on and off for friends and family. I plan on getting my first vehicle at the end of this year, or beginning of 2007. If I get lucky, I won't have to sell my quad.

I ride a 2003 Yamaha Raptor 660R. I sold my old quad for $500, and after working odd jobs, ended up with $3000. I found my quad for $4000, my parents lent me the $1000. I owe less than $300.I pay for everything except gasoline, I got lucky there. I take the best care of it as I can. I am not perfect though.

Thanks Man!

countypark
06-25-2006, 07:32 AM
Pappy,

Did you go to the Sparta, KY race?

If so you might have seen and heard about Sam Williams' Utility Stock Kawasaki Prairie.

Sam is a serious contender for the Utility Stock championship.

On Memorial Day weekend Sam had his race quad stolen from his house and his dreams of winning the championship went along with it. Sam needs to race the remainder of the GNCC's this season to complete his goal.

If you examine the current points you will see that if Sam had raced all of the races that the current points leader has that Sam would have a good lead if he finished in the top 5 each of those three races. Based on his finishes at the races that he did run I have to think that him finishing in the top 5 of the other 3 wouldn't be out of the question.

Well it seems like a miracle but Sam was able to recover his wheeler through the help of several friends. One of Sams friends(we'll call him Dave) happened to spot a hap-hazardly painted 4X4 with orange hand guards riding down some railroad tracks near Sams home on Sunday evening 2 days after being stolen. Dave knowing that it was Sams quad tried to get the thief to stop but a chase insued.

To make a long story short the chase ended with Sams race quad smashing head on into a Jeep Grand Cherokee. The criminal was apprehended and is now in prison.

Sam's quad took on extensive frame and body damage but not quite as bad as the Jeep.

Sam being the master ATV mechanic that he is was able to straighten out his frame and make his quad race ready for the SPARTA GNCC less then 2 weeks after recovering it. His plastic was all busted up and zipped tied together and you could see hints of green throught the black spray paint.

So off to Sparta he went and he WON. He was able to hold off the likes of Swift, Penland, and Robey on a machine that 2 weeks earlier had been stolen and nearly totaled.

Sam is definately my nominee!!!

He has pictures of the quad after the crash. If you want to see them I will try to get them from him and post them.

Coltmx911
06-25-2006, 02:08 PM
Pappy,
I'm 14 and I race a 2003 Honda 250ex in the New England Atv Motocross Series, in the Youth 200/300 Class. I give every race my all but still seem to be at a huge disadvantage against $20,000 Blaster and 300ex's. I've saved up for along time to buy elka front recreation shocks w/o rezzis and a white bros pipe. I just got Kenda Klaw Mx's on Douglas .190s and had 1 race on them. Over the 2 years I've had the quad I recieved Wheelspacers, Pro Taper bars, A no-name brand Nerf Bars and a Pro Design Kill Switch. I've done all the work my self and I just want to be able to hang with the other guys. I've been trying to save up for a big bore kit nad a rear Elka shock but by the time I get the money, I wont be able to race this quad anymore and that will have to go towards a 450. Thanks,
Colt

harrisky
06-25-2006, 11:17 PM
Pappy I'd like to nominate my self because I ride a 2005 blaster with a full FMF exhaust, Uni filter, Pro Design reed spacer, Moose skid plate bumper hand guards and brake block off, Jardine nerfs, and I ride so much I've gone through two sets of tires in just over a year and a half. I live out in Pleasant Plain Iowa and all I ride with is 3 YFZ450s, 1 450r, a 250r, and an ATK. My blaster needs something done to the motor. and my plastics are beat up. I've rolled it completely over twice and hit a 300EX doing 50MPH it needs some help. I wanted to get a Toomey exhaust and a 240 kit but I got fired from my job. I caught mono and missed a week of work. So please Pappy help me out.

250ex13
06-25-2006, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by Coltmx911
Pappy,
I'm 14 and I race a 2003 Honda 250ex in the New England Atv Motocross Series, in the Youth 200/300 Class. I give every race my all but still seem to be at a huge disadvantage against $20,000 Blaster and 300ex's. I've saved up for along time to buy elka front recreation shocks w/o rezzis and a white bros pipe. I just got Kenda Klaw Mx's on Douglas .190s and had 1 race on them. Over the 2 years I've had the quad I recieved Wheelspacers, Pro Taper bars, A no-name brand Nerf Bars and a Pro Design Kill Switch. I've done all the work my self and I just want to be able to hang with the other guys. I've been trying to save up for a big bore kit nad a rear Elka shock but by the time I get the money, I wont be able to race this quad anymore and that will have to go towards a 450. Thanks,
Colt

i nominate colt he's a very good freind who gives his all at every race but deff. does struggle against the 15,000 blasters and 300's.He put's so much
time and efort into his 250 and imo i dont really think its paid off. I'd love too see a 250 place in the top 10 , heck i'd just like too see a pimped out 250ex!! :macho

SET THE STAGE
06-25-2006, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by SET THE STAGE
i deserve to have mine redone because i had about 10 stolen a while back and now i'm left with one jank 250r :p lol

(i'm not joking about them being stolen though)

also some of the ones stolen were just bought and are still being paid for through payments and it's pretty much draining us of money.

edit: http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=213641

2004-400ex
06-26-2006, 12:58 AM
I own a 2004 400ex I have not rode it in a few months (other than a few laps around the yard wile adjusting things) because of a crash I had a while ago. I don’t have the money to fix it but I work 4-5 days a week making 7 an hour. I have a small truck that’s needs work bad so the atv has been put aside for now, my mother is suffering for a dieses called lupus that’s eating away at her. In my spare time I am at the gym, I like helping and have spent many hours helping a teacher at my school count cans for his boat trip (click this link here (http://awish.org/event-sheilac.shtml) )the school wanted to donate so we paid in cans, he was stuck counting them all alone, Mr. smith and I spent one Saturday counting cans and bringing them to the redemption center, the fowling week at school more people joined us after school. I just bought a few parts for my atv but don’t have the tools to do it my self and don’t have the money to have it done at a shop.

PeeWee21
06-26-2006, 11:29 AM
what the hell is your problem dude? i dont know of anyone really well on this website so who else would i nominate? why dont you start talking chit about everyone else who nominated themselves as well? so back off before you look like a jackass even more.

Bottom line.....shut the hell up about me.

Me look like a jackass????? Your the one that got a rebuilt Dale for practically free, and now you want someone else to do it again?.....selfish is'nt the damn word for you. Go ahead and list everything that was given to you for your Dale, new motor, rebuilt shocks, etc....does that ring a bell???? I'm pretty sure everyone else HAS'NT had other people rebuilt they're quads for free. If you'll go back and re-read my post i said "I'll tell you like i would EVERYONE else". So, well, ya know...that covers EVERYONE else! My problem.........is'nt ONLY with you, it's with everyone else that will put they're selfish ***'s before someone else who honestly DESERVES IT!!!! Unfortunately people like you and other self nominated people will never feel remorse because your used to being this way. You need this BAD but yet you can afford a new LTR? That really adds up.:rolleyes:

FoxRacing81
06-26-2006, 11:57 AM
My problem.........is'nt ONLY with you, it's with everyone else that will put they're selfish ***'s before someone else who honestly DESERVES IT!!!!

No offense man, but how do you know that someone who nominates themself doesn't deserve it more then someone else? STFU! Your ruining a thread. If you have so many problems with it, just leave.

PeeWee21
06-26-2006, 12:00 PM
Here we go, another snot nosed punk that knows it all. :rolleyes:

FoxRacing81
06-26-2006, 12:09 PM
Here we go, another snot nosed punk that knows it all. :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's exactly what I am.:huh

If you don't have anything good to say, just leave. What exactly do you think you are accomplishing?

Dupontster
06-26-2006, 12:26 PM
Dear Mr. Pappy,
I would like to nominate myself because I am a snot nosed little brat that wants everything given to me...I just sold my 400 and I am getting this 450 that may need some work...You're going to do it anyway so you might as well do it for free...I really don't like to pay for anything so "If it's free it's me" Between you and I, we didn't do a bad job on my 400, so I think we should do it again....Just a 450 this time...Also, could you please furnish the bike too...I want to save this new one for a back-up...Make it a black 450 because I like that...I will need to come and stay at your house while you do it because I want to watch...(Make sure you do it right) I can stay in Cody's room and he can stay in the trailer...If this doesn't work for you please just send me the money and I'll do it myself...Waiting patiently by my puter..:D
Thanks, Old man Dup

PeeWee21
06-26-2006, 12:26 PM
If your that blind as to not see it. There's no use to explain it. As for leaving, i am, and don't think it's anything you or her said. I'm leaving on my own, i guess i'm not self centered enough for this site.:rolleyes:

PeeWee21
06-26-2006, 12:29 PM
Now that descibes quite a few of them!:D

FoxRacing81
06-26-2006, 12:36 PM
If your that blind as to not see it. There's no use to explain it. As for leaving, i am, and don't think it's anything you or her said. I'm leaving on my own, i guess i'm not self centered enough for this site.:rolleyes:

I see exactly what your saying. But honestly, what good is it going to do by saying it in here? No one is really gonna listen to you...

But I disagree about the not being able to nominate yourself part. Because, you yourself do not honestly know if the person selecting themselves deserves it more or less then someone he/she could nominate.

drue4mpg
06-26-2006, 12:43 PM
i am new to this..i just got my first quad a 06' yfz 450 and i ride every day...i am 22 and just kicked a few nasty habbits. i am now sober and ride instead of using. i am in love with my yfz i plan to trick it out but i have other bills to pay first like the quad itself.. i took on more work to pay the monthly payments..my girlfriend hates it cause i never spend any time with her any more and when i do i am wrenching on my baby to squeeze more power out of her... i figure i was killing myself with drugs and quit that so now its time to be serious about something less dangerous...i love this fourm i don't know much about what the cool parts are but i manage and no matter what i found my true passion i love my quad and will ride till i die....with friends or by my self rain snow mud sand asplalt jumping i love it all i want to get into racing but i don't have the right parts..yet................O YEA GO FAST!!!!!!!!!!!

FourFiftyFour
06-26-2006, 12:46 PM
Me look like a jackass????? Your the one that got a rebuilt Dale for practically free, and now you want someone else to do it again?.....selfish is'nt the damn word for you. Go ahead and list everything that was given to you for your Dale, new motor, rebuilt shocks, etc....does that ring a bell???? I'm pretty sure everyone else HAS'NT had other people rebuilt they're quads for free. If you'll go back and re-read my post i said "I'll tell you like i would EVERYONE else". So, well, ya know...that covers EVERYONE else! My problem.........is'nt ONLY with you, it's with everyone else that will put they're selfish ***'s before someone else who honestly DESERVES IT!!!! Unfortunately people like you and other self nominated people will never feel remorse because your used to being this way. You need this BAD but yet you can afford a new LTR? That really adds up.:rolleyes:

im getting a new LTR out of INSURANCE money from my Dale getting TOTALLED in a CAR ACCIDENT. I never got new shocks or the a arms or that stuff..it was never sent in..... soooooo keep on keeping on jackass. I paid money for that Dale...I worked 2 years to buy that quad. I did NOT get a quad for free, yes I was sponsored with a motor rebuild and some parts from Black Widow. I ran stickers and had them listed as sponsors..... SPONSORED...its not like I am some random person who just rides around...I have been a sponsored rider... are you jealous of that fact??????? So if you have a problem with EVERYONE else then WHY DIRECT IT AT ME?????????

Quad18star
06-26-2006, 01:35 PM

Guys like you sure know how to ruin a good thread .

It was stated in the first post that you can either nominate YOURSELF or SOMEONE ELSE .

The girl has proved over time that she is dedicated to riding and racing . She's stuck with it through injuries and mechanical problems while others have given up on the sport . She deserves a shot just as much as anybody else on this website .

If sponsors have given her free stuff , good for her .... it goes to show that she actually took the time to go out and prove to companies that she deserves a helping hand from them and I bet if she did win this "contest" she would represent BK Performance very well also .

stevez400
06-26-2006, 01:45 PM
Hi my name is Steve Clements and I nominate myself. I am not trying to be self centered or anything and I would normally never do this but I feel like I deserve something for all the hardwork I have done in the past few years. I am a 21 year old father. My son is now 2 years old. If you do the math I was only 19 when my girl and I had him. When he was born my girl had to drop out of school to take care of him. We did not have anyone to watch him during the week and day care was way to expensive. Due to complications my girl was not able to breast feed for more then the first 3 weeks. We had to start buying Infamile forumla. For any of you parents out there that used this stuff you know how expensive it is. Along with all other bills a child brings in. I started working 60+ hours a week just to get my son diapers and food. It has been a hard struggle but we have done our best to bring our child up the best we can. I came so close to selling my z400 so many times but my girl told me she would leave me if I did because she knew how much I love to ride. This past year has been extremely hard. We found out a few months back that my girl had Ovarian Cancer. All the money I had been saving to put into my Z was gone in a flash due to her not having insurence. She had the surgery and her right ovary was removed in hope that it wouldn't spread to her left side. The surgery went very well and as of now the left ovary is cancer free. Overy the last few years I have been able to afford a few things for my Z such as nerfs, and a pipe. I wanted to race this year but would not be even close to comptetive due to lack of funds. Also if my Z was to break I would not have the funds to fix it. I am not looking for sympathy at all as for my son is my life and I do not regret having him what so ever. He has changed my life dramatically for the better. http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/stevez400/IMG_0314.jpg

yfzmx10
06-26-2006, 02:51 PM
hey pappy,
i'd like to nominate my brother-in-law. he has a 2003 z400 that is pretty much stock and loves to ride. he just got out of the marine corps and he is working and going to school. he has two kids and can't afford to do anything to his bike. we always go to the atv rodeos and he's really good but he just doesn't have the bike to run with the 450s. he was going to race with me in the monster truck show but he just had surgey to remove a tumor that was attached to the main artery to his heart. this guy really deserves to have his wuad fixed up. all he ever does is talk about my yfz and dreams of buying an ltr. thanks alot and it's really cool that your doing this.

Reaster00
06-26-2006, 04:21 PM
I would like to nominate my friend. He has a 1986 Lt-230 that definetly needs some help. He is 16 and has saved up for like 5 years to get that and he rides with people on mx blasters, banshees, raptors, etc. He was gonna trick it out himself but he is not working to buy a used truck.

WheelieMan4
06-26-2006, 05:01 PM
Hey Pappy, this is a very nice thing of you to do. I wish I could get this done to my quad also, just like everyone else on here...but I am sure that there is probably someone out there that NEEDS it, not that they want it. Just my .02 cents.

rmz250
06-26-2006, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Guys like you sure know how to ruin a good thread .

It was stated in the first post that you can either nominate YOURSELF or SOMEONE ELSE .

The girl has proved over time that she is dedicated to riding and racing . She's stuck with it through injuries and mechanical problems while others have given up on the sport . She deserves a shot just as much as anybody else on this website .

If sponsors have given her free stuff , good for her .... it goes to show that she actually took the time to go out and prove to companies that she deserves a helping hand from them and I bet if she did win this "contest" she would represent BK Performance very well also .

somehow he got a mod position over at z400central...:rolleyes:

XCRACER26
06-26-2006, 10:23 PM
cant we all just get along? dang if someone does something to piss you off just ignore it.:confused: :D be happy:D ;)

PeeWee21
06-27-2006, 04:26 AM
CDalechick, no i'm not jealous and i feel i've argued enough. Rmz250 (Rampagekfx at central), they made ME a mod nit wit, not Quad18star. Yes Quad18star i see your points...but it did'nt happen the way. Wheelie man, i agree 100%. Stevez400...you have my vote!

stevez400
06-27-2006, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by rmz250
somehow he got a mod position over at z400central...:rolleyes:
I don't want to get in the middle of this but have you seen what he has done for that forum? He has completely changed it around. He has made a forum that was going down hill at high rate of speed into the forum that it use to be. He works hard everyday to move peoples post to the correct places even though it is common sence where to put them in the first place. So please don't say "somehow he got a mod position over at z400central" because you know damn well he deserved it and has work hard to prove he is and was the best person to become a mod.

rmz250
06-27-2006, 09:23 AM
CDalechick, no i'm not jealous and i feel i've argued enough. Rmz250 (Rampagekfx at central), they made ME a mod nit wit, not Quad18star. Yes Quad18star i see your points...but it did'nt happen the way. Wheelie man, i agree 100%. Stevez400...you have my vote!

hahaah just because I qouted quadstars it was directed towards YOU!

and yea I'm done with this thread, starts off as a good thread then we have know it alls to save the day.

z40021
06-27-2006, 10:27 AM
I nominate myself

z40021
06-27-2006, 10:34 AM
I nominate myself

I am gonna turn 16 soon and planed on start racing MX and was gonna try building up my quad. The only problem was after getting it I couldent afoard to do much. Now I'm worried because the class I am gonna race in is the 400-440 class and every one in that class has a 440 and all i have is a 400. Also im worried about breaking somithing i cant affoard to fix like my frame. Since i have a 03 z400 and they have frame problems. I cant affoard to get it gusseted

trick250r
06-27-2006, 10:35 AM
well, if people are arguing about who nominates themselves, STFU. Pappy is the one thats gonna pick, not anybody else. :grr: :rolleyes:

06-27-2006, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by mjpridered10
hey pappy
I'd like to nominate myself if thats ok with ya...
My names Mike Pytlar and im from a small little town of Long Valley, NJ. Not many people ride around here but the ones that do are really nice and we ride together. Everyone always picks on my bike (they all ride 300ex, 400ex, raptors or big bikes like CRF250s and CRF450s)...well anyways, I feel like im always left out and that my bike is worse than everyone elses. I dont race so I couldnt really "show off" my bike to anyone at races, but my friends would certainly not make fun of me anymore. I ride an 03 250ex and currently the only modifications it has is new tires all around (i bought all the tires and new rims because i ride it so much...i love my quad lol, but it would still be better with all the things you could do to it) and some red scott grips. Yep...my ride is off the chain Pappy, its totally custom and its race ready :blah: ...well i think it'd be cool to race but theres no way my dad would ever drive me down to any races and he hates how i waste my time on this site and on the quad, but I think if he sees i want to put more effort into it (especially with this whole, "pimp my ride" thing), i think my dad would be more into as well

well, I'll keep it short because your going to have a lot to read

I think that whoever gets picked is going to have an amazing bike when their done and whoever is picked really deserves it (more than me...no...but they still deserve it :D)

so thanks pappy and pick me

Mike

hey pappy

i doubt your seriously going to pick me so im going to drop out. the reason for this is because im never going to get my 250ex faster (unless i won, in that case, maybe you would bore it out or something) so i will just sell it. i could see why im not your #1 pick and in that case, it would never become faster, so :o

well anyways, that right there is confusing...but whatever.

whoever wins...your one lucky son of a b!tch lol

400eXr1d3rZ
06-27-2006, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by mjpridered10
hey pappy

i doubt your seriously going to pick me so im going to drop out. the reason for this is because im never going to get my 250ex faster (unless i won, in that case, maybe you would bore it out or something) so i will just sell it. i could see why im not your #1 pick and in that case, it would never become faster, so :o

well anyways, that right there is confusing...but whatever.

whoever wins...your one lucky son of a b!tch lol

Reverse psychology:blah:

Mxjunkie
06-27-2006, 09:32 PM
Keep it clean guys :scary:

coolex
06-28-2006, 01:04 PM
i nominate mxdad

ur good at the mini thing

i also think that redoing someones 450r is crazy they cant be that poor if they have a 450r at 15 or 16 i mean i got a 250ex when i was 14 and still have it at 16 and want a 450 but cnt pay for one so if they already have a 450 they are pretty much set any ways

Dupontster
06-28-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by coolex
i nominate mxdad

i also think that redoing someones 450r is crazy they cant be that poor if they have a 450r at 15 or 16 i mean i got a 250ex when i was 14 and still have it at 16 and want a 450 but cnt pay for one so if they already have a 450 they are pretty much set any ways

Good point...I feel the same way...

SET THE STAGE
06-28-2006, 02:20 PM

i couldn't agree any more. kids with 7500-8000 dollar machines should feel lucky enough just having them. i would do anything for one, and if i did have one i wouldn't be asking someone to do a makeover on it for FREE. i feel lucky enough having my 250r that isn't even running. psh, what am i saying, i don't even have an engine for it yet. the whole thing is a basketcase.

Coltmx911
06-28-2006, 03:25 PM
i nominate mxdad him and his son deserve it the most
i nominated myself before with a 250ex but i dont need this as much as he does so i hope mxdad and his son wins!

06-28-2006, 03:41 PM
i nominate mxdad

No offence, I don't wanna start trouble in this thread but there's no way you cant pay for a 450. I'm living proof you can. It's called a JOB. I picked mine up when I was 15, i worked all summer, payed a down payment, and I just got home from work today to pay it off. And your 16, so you cant say that you cant get a job...stop being lazy and complaining you cant get stuff. Just like most of my friends. My one friend has a 250ex too, and wants a 450 and *****es to his parents bc he doesn't have one...WORK.

END. I don't wanna ruin this thread...

I nominate JRP.

Water Boy
06-28-2006, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
No offence, I don't wanna start trouble in this thread but there's no way you cant pay for a 450. I'm living proof you can. It's called a JOB. I picked mine up when I was 15, i worked all summer, payed a down payment, and I just got home from work today to pay it off. And your 16, so you cant say that you cant get a job...stop being lazy and complaining you cant get stuff. Just like most of my friends. My one friend has a 250ex too, and wants a 450 and *****es to his parents bc he doesn't have one...WORK.

I nominate JRP.

Ask JRP who bought his bike for him...Who takes him everywhere?
A 15 year old with a 450 and he wants a FREE makeover...

I nominate mxdad because his kid deserves it and his Dad can't take household money and pimp it...

MXracer16
06-28-2006, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1

I nominate JRP.

I am in the exact same situation. Just got my R450 at the beginning of this year. I worked after school 4-5 days a week doing lawn care. Once school was out, I worked 3-4 full 8 to 9 hour days a week. It it still in the process of being paid off, about $4,500 more to go. I still have some money left over after making the $125 a month payment to make some basic mods. Point being, if you get a job, you can still pay for it and buy some mods every once and a while. Even if you are 15 or 16, theres no excuse as to why you cant get a job.

TRX_450
06-28-2006, 06:17 PM
i guess ill enter....cant hurt anything..

im 15 and got my 400ex last may. i worked from spring break til may building a 10' x 108' stone wall for one of my dads friends who owns a delership selling atv's skid loaders etc. Kinda gave me a new appreciation for masons, alot of hard work movin stones that big but anyway...i started puttin a few mods on as i needed them...rear tires, bars, nerf bars, and then blew my shocks out so i sold one of my guns to pay for new ones which im not real sure why i did :confused: Im trying to get enough money for some a-arms...even if their stock...the guy before me crashed into a fence post and messed up my plastic and my a-arms pretty bad...i tried to fix it but it didnt work and i think its the reason my shock blew...so if u could help me out id appreciate it.....if not i nominate mxdad...

Chicksdigme423
06-28-2006, 08:38 PM
he's probly just bringing up who bought your quad cause he's jeallous that 209483209843 nominated you man... dont sweat what he said

directed to jrp

orca0294
06-28-2006, 08:39 PM
I'd like to say for those entering JRP that he could deserve this make over as some people think he is pushing his quad as far as it can go. He may not have the funds to push his racing career further. I don't intend to make this more of a fight either I am just telling what I think.

Dear Pappy,

I would like to nominate my dads friends kid Josh. Josh is 15 years old and lives near me in Downers Grove, Illinois. Downers Grove has no place to ride unless you are wealthy enough to buy an acre or two; it is around 30 minutes from Chicago. Josh's dad Dewey brought him up riding on an atc70 witch my dad would always bring me out to ride. If it were not for his dad buying that I would not have such a strong passion for riding today. Later on his dad bought him a Yamaha Badger. He then bought him a Honda Recon witch at the same time my dad bought me a Yamaha Blaster so we could ride together. He jumped anything that was possible with his Recon. His dad even put a set of knock off holeshot tires on the Recon to whip around with my Blaster; the blaster is a considerably better quad for what we would do. His dad works for a construction company where we went to one and one of the workers built us several large doubles and tables at our age of 9. Josh always had less fear of trying to clearing any jumps on his recon compared to me on my blaster. Later on his dad then bought a 1995 Yamaha Warrior off of a friend since Josh had out grown and pushed his Honda Recon past its limits. Soon after his dad had bought his Yamaha Warrior my blaster was set up for Motocross. We both began to lose interest in trail riding and construction sites and wanted to be able to ride motocross tracks. He has lost all interest in riding considering that a Yamaha Warrior is not much of an MX machine, even though his dad has tried to make it out to be some what of one. His warrior does have elka rec front shocks set up for a 300lb trail rider on a banshee, witch don't help all that much over stock with a 190lb rider on a Warrior. His quad is kinda of rigged up to me and not very professional looking. It has front wheel spacers as you know are no help in motocross. He has 22" rear tires and 21" front tires. He also has a durablue rear axle. His dad also went down the frame and hand brush painted it just to make it look a bit better but it does not match. His dad doesn't really listen to my advice of building it with the correct components in mind but he means well. His dad tries his hardest to keep him into riding and keeping us riding together but he doesn't have much motivation when he goes to ask his son if he wants to go and he doesn't even want to go. Usually if it isn't for Joshs dad to bring us riding we have no other way because he is the only one with a trailer. If I do get to to ride its by myself because my dads pick up can only handle my quad. If Josh were to get out and ride all of us coud still share that father and son bond that we had. I talked to josh last time we went riding and let him take my yfz450 for a spin and as soon as he got back he said "if I had a quad like yours I'd love to go riding,"therefore I know deep down he has the passion still in him to get out and ride. I'd love to grow old riding quads with him as I know I will grow old riding them. I'd love to just whip around with him chasing after each other as we used to. If it were not for Josh and his dad I would have never been interduced to the world of riding and racing. I know no one else on here knows of Josh because he really doesn't know many other riders than me but, I'd love to let him meet others. Not to mention, he has had a tough family life with being tossed around between his Mom and Dad and I'd think this would bring back his hobby to keep his mind off that. I truely think Josh deserves this quad rebuild! Keep this sport growing!!

Thanks,
Mike

Water Boy
06-29-2006, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by JRP
and how do u know any of this about me? How do you knwo if he bought my quad or not?

Yea he paid for it, and i pay for all the gas, parts. I bet half the ppl on this site got there quads from there parents. so why dont u jus STFU and go away.

I know a lot about you...(1) You try to post on every thread in here. (2) You cry about your Dad not playing with you and he bought your 450 for you and takes you places to ride. (3) You have listed on My Space that you ride D13 MX...Funny, I've never seen you. Aren't you too young? (4) You have an 05 450 with Hipers and all dressed up (Thanks to Daddy) and you want a free makeover and you don't even race yet. You really have a lot of nerve. How can people on here say that you are pushing your bike to the limit when no one has seen you ride competively?

Water Boy
06-29-2006, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by JRP
Dude wtf is your problem. On my myspace it says i will be racing the 2007 season. Which i am, since i will be 16. Who bought my quad? My dad did, do you have a problem with that? Who bought my Hipers, my nerfs, tires, and all my accecories? I did, so if you have a problem with any of that good for you, I worked my *** off for my dad for an entire year for my 450, and i saved up 700 dollars in 4months, from side work, for my hipers and my tires. So jus go a f*ck urself.

EDIT: If you dont like me, then dont bring it up on the boards, if you dont want to nominate me then nominate someone else, easy as that. Oh and heres my myspace link to everyone.....

http://www.myspace.com/25223869

I see you JUST changed it. Does your daddy know you talk like that? Pretty strong talk for a 15 year old want-to-be. Maybe we can race together (D13) when you are old enough. Go cry somewhere else...Oh BTW, I already nominated mxdad. (Someone who deserves it)

pr400ex
06-29-2006, 06:28 AM
dear pappy,
this is my third year racing and i nominate my step dad. For the past 3 years he has got me going and spent 90% of his money on my quad and 10% on going to the races. he rides a 1999 banshee with a spray painted frame and spray painted plastic. I feel bad for him because his motor blew and he had to scrape up money just to race. He is always doing things for me and never himself. he truly deserves a makeover. his fav. color scheme is the anodized blue frame and black plastic. i hope you pick my step dad because all he does is try and gets nothing back. but every race date you see him at the TT. or flatrack ready to race. he doesnt let any thing get in his way. he does his best and keeps on keeping on. what more can you ask for from a racer.
if i were doing this i would pick my dad because he works hard, goes fast, and i think with a rebuilt quad he wouldnt let any one down. Thank you for the opportunity and the time you took to read this. sincerely Ronnie Adams #425

Chicksdigme423
06-29-2006, 06:34 AM
water boy, your picking fights in the wrong thread, he and others nominated him... you nominated mxdad.... end of it, this is a thread where pappy is trying to help out a member of atv riders who cant afford a nice quad... not a thread where you whine cause someone's dad bought him a new quad.. just drop it dude you went way too far arguing with him. Maybe your right, he might not deserve it because he has a new quad... oh well if that's the case cause it's a contest pappy will decide... it doesnt matter what you think of him needing it or not... so just drop it... yeah him and a bunch of others nominated him but you need to chill because it clearly states in the first thread "nominate yourself or another who needs it"... it doesnt matter if you think he needs it or not...

edit-i'm not sucking up to pappy incase anyone was going to say that, it just pisses me off when the man is trying to do something nice and some people turn it into a flame fest

06-29-2006, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Water Boy
I see you JUST changed it. Does your daddy know you talk like that? Pretty strong talk for a 15 year old want-to-be. Maybe we can race together (D13) when you are old enough. Go cry somewhere else...Oh BTW, I already nominated mxdad. (Someone who deserves it)

do you stop?
Rule #1 on exriders:
1. If you don't like someone, make believe you do or don't respond. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.

SO JUST STOP!! you come here on your 5th post you attack someone...just stop

06-29-2006, 07:08 AM
and it doesnt matter who nominates JRP and who doesnt...Pappy is the one deciding things. If Pappy believes JRP is the one who deserves it the most, then he would have picked the winner already...

continue on with the entries everyone, we have some sour apples in the crowd who have nothing else better to do then flame

catfishing
06-29-2006, 07:39 AM
Maybe Pappy should start this thread over. Only one post per member.That would stop all the B!tch!ng !!!! Then he would not have to go throught all this BS to choose a winner. More than one post and member is DQ from this thread.

Water Boy
06-29-2006, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by catfishing
Maybe Pappy should start this thread over. Only one post per member.That would stop all the B!tch!ng !!!! Then he would not have to go throught all this BS to choose a winner. More than one post and member is DQ from this thread.

I agree with you. Pappy is the one to decide. This is the very reason I don't post on here much. A bunch of whiney kids that dream of racing. I just stated "Who bought JRPs bike for him after someone else posted about kids with 450's and wanted a free makeover. That is all. :D I'll leave the dreamers alone. I promise. Oh and another thing, there are some reeally cool guys on here THAT RACE and I've met and respect. BYE. :blah:

xc_racer1
06-29-2006, 07:32 PM
Hey pappy,

i nominate myself to get this quad makeover because i want to begin to race through the woods and i do not have the money to get my quad set up the way i need it. I do have a job but i dont have a car or my liscense. I am almost 18 and i dont have my liscense. So right now all i can do is work for a car. and after that i have to pay for car insurance so theres really no money left over for my 400ex.

so if you could do this for me i would be very greatfull

i know i wont get it but thanx for readin this

xc_racer1
06-29-2006, 07:32 PM
Hey pappy,

i nominate myself to get this quad makeover because i want to begin to race through the woods and i do not have the money to get my quad set up the way i need it. I do have a job but i dont have a car or my liscense. I am almost 18 and i dont have my liscense. So right now all i can do is work for a car. and after that i have to pay for car insurance so theres really no money left over for my 400ex.

so if you could do this for me i would be very greatfull

i know i wont get it but thanx for readin this

TWISTED
06-29-2006, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Dupontster
Dear Mr. Pappy,
I would like to nominate myself because I am a snot nosed little brat that wants everything given to me...I just sold my 400 and I am getting this 450 that may need some work...You're going to do it anyway so you might as well do it for free...I really don't like to pay for anything so "If it's free it's me" Between you and I, we didn't do a bad job on my 400, so I think we should do it again....Just a 450 this time...Also, could you please furnish the bike too...I want to save this new one for a back-up...Make it a black 450 because I like that...I will need to come and stay at your house while you do it because I want to watch...(Make sure you do it right) I can stay in Cody's room and he can stay in the trailer...If this doesn't work for you please just send me the money and I'll do it myself...Waiting patiently by my puter..:D
Thanks, Old man Dup

If it was a contest of the funniest post, you'd all lose to this one!!!! Pretty damn funny.....

Pappy
06-29-2006, 07:59 PM
LMAO....Old Man Dup telling it like it is:p You tell your boy he has a free ride from me simply because I like his riding, his attitude and couldnt think of anyone I would rather support locally then an up and coming snot nosed brat:devil: Seriously, he has a full sponsorship from us so no worries.

Everyone else...please no more pm's! I get over 100 pm's a day as it is and i have to delete them several times a day so there is a good chance yours gets the boot simply out of error! There are still afew that have posted in here that i may consider, but I will hold off my decision until I zero in one one that fits what I intended this to be about!

TWISTED
06-29-2006, 08:05 PM
Good choice Pappy. I can't wait to see how he finishes this weekend. Can't wait to see my old bike with some BK touches on it too!!!

APK400exRacer
06-29-2006, 08:16 PM
did you get my PM pappy?

QuadManKev
06-29-2006, 08:52 PM
So ya, most of you don't know me because I browse the site more than post on it, but to introduce myself my names Kevin. With that aside, I'm not voting for myself, I want to put a vote towards JRP. Why? I know Jordan personally, and I know that he is a dedicated kid, and he is every bit deserving of getting this. I have ridden with him many times, and hung out with him also and I know that hes a good kid and he has big goals, and hes plenty capable of fulfilling those goals at the rate hes going skill wise, but I think he could use a little help, quad wise. For those of you that don't know, Jordan payed for everything on his bike, not his dad. He works hard and has been saving all the money he can get, and spending it wisely. He is dedicated to the sport and spends his free time trying to improve his riding and keep his bike looking perfect, and in perfect running condition. Hes an all around good kid, and very deserving of this.

And for those of you select few who seem to have a problem with him, you obviously don't know him in person or you wouldn't be hating on him. And if you would like to disagree with anything I said then you can take it up with me personally as I will gladly stand behind everything I said.

Livin4Real
06-30-2006, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by bullitz400
I would have to nominate my friend FST400exrider. His name is Tim Schaub. Grows up in a small town in Gilberts Illinois. Used to have a blaster but managed to get a 400ex. When he got it he didnt know what he was in for and practically started with junk.

Some info on where he lives and his back ground. Tim has grown up around pot smokers, drinkers, alcoholics, underage kids, just the people you dont want to hang out with. Hes been through tough times and rejected them all. He dedicates a lot of his time to school, quads, and a little guitar. We used to ride a while back but got kicked out. Now we stay on the legal parts. Getting him out riding helps him avoid all the trouble he gets at home.

Hes managed to get his 400ex (that used to be junk) in great condition. Used to have cracked fenders, junk looking a-arms, broken handlebars / controls, broken grab bar, bald tires, clogged arb, etc. From learning on his own and taking a few pointers from me hes re-done the issues that needed fixing. Mind to let you all know he had to do this in a small compact garage while all the other kids sat in the other pot of the garage and passed the boll. Hes a very determined kid, very smart in school. I know he is in the top 15%. Now I don't know too many kids who are that high and have to live with that kind of people. He is still only 15 years old and tries anything to get money for his quad.

In example, lawn mowing, walking to town to apply for jobs (no one called back), chores, washing cars, etc. Most things a 15 year old is only capable of. He got some buisness but just enough to buy some spray paint so he could re-paint some parts to give his quad a new look.

With about 300.00 that he worked up from selling all his paintball equipment, video games, working, etc. He's made the quad look great. NEW set of handlebars, new controls, new grips. He got some new tires for his birthday. Quad runs great after carb re-build kid. He got a GREAT deal on some new Yellow Maier plastics. He painted his oil can and heat shield black. Quad still has no graphics but gets him around the trails.

I really think this kid could use more work on his quad than it has. He is a very small kid yet very smart. He gets picked on all the time and deserves more for what he does. One example of being picked on was when he was in Honors woodshop.

He got parts of his finger cut off, not because of improper use but because someone nuged him and his finger got caught in a blade. He had to go home and is still out of riding because of some idiot. He posted on another ATV sight and all he got was BS because he wasnt working how he should have. Now if the kid is in top 15% i'm sure he knows what hes doing.

After all this, I hope you take this post into consideration and read over how he is and what hes grown up as. Hope this goes somewhere. Thanks for reading.

Ryan

This kid gets my vote. A kid that can bring his self up right in that atmosphere should be proud of himself, and no I don't know him personally.

Brian

Blackkawi400
06-30-2006, 09:26 PM
I nominate my wife, as I broke her bike last time I was out at Breezewood! :D

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e87/alexamaraye/overall.jpg

HondaRacer300ex
06-30-2006, 09:42 PM
If I had to pick a member, I'd pick MXJunkie. He has a nice banshee already, but he has contributed to the sight a lot more then these "new" posters.

450robot
06-30-2006, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Blackkawi400
I nominate my wife, as I broke her bike last time I was out at Breezewood! :D

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e87/alexamaraye/overall.jpg

oh noes!!!! it makes me sad to see my favorite quad in such pain!!!!

why v-force? whyyyyyyy!

tazman7
07-01-2006, 11:25 AM
I would like to nominate my cousin who is 17 years old. He worked all summer long for a quad and he chose to get a 1989 LT250R. The weekend that he was supposed to go and pick it up a person in his family passed away so he had to go to Minnesota with his parents to go to the funeral. So his parents told me that we were going to suprise him and they had me go in and buy this quad for him. So I went in there, and rode it and everything seemed ok so I gave the guy the money and left. I got it home and I couldnt get it to run. Did everything that I knew how to do (new spark plugs, clean air filter make sure it had spark...all the stuff) and no luck. So he got home, and was surprised as hell, but then I said I cant get it to run, so we dropped it off at a mechanic and the guy had the toggle switch wired in with speaker wire. They fixed it, he rode it for a week then the paint started falling off. He was so embarrased to go and ride it (when it actually ran) because his friends would make fun of him for all of the colors.Now he has a quad that has black, blue, and yellow paint all showing. Then a week later his engine stuck on it. He worked for 3 months straight saving money and now he decided to put a 4 stroke motor in it. He bought the motor and we are trying to put it in now. All of the bolts on this thing are all rounded off because the guy that ownded it before was a complete moron.
He has been crying for months that he wishes that he could take it and get it powdercoated while it is all apart but he is out of money. I would borrow him some but I am running low on funds too.
Plus to top it off he goes with me to watch me race every weekend and I feel bad because he has been without a quad for months now.

That would make his day if you did that for him, mine too! I feel horrible that I didnt go over this thing with a fine tooth comb before I got it for him.

Blackkawi400
07-01-2006, 06:27 PM
DAMN, I second this guy ^^^

07-01-2006, 06:36 PM
I'll third that for tazman's cousin.

07-01-2006, 06:42 PM
i need a makeover,

i ride a 89 250x it needs a new top end the suspension is gone in rear, i put every dime i get into it.

i keep telling my mom when i get some money i would buy a nice 400-450 to start racing XC, but untill then i have my 250x to ride around the hood on with it smoking and it takes me a good 10 kicks to get running.

i would rather have a 4 wheeler then a truck so i keep putting all my money i get into it, i just bought a new case cover(broke the last one) a chain and case saver and i owe my mom like $400.:ermm:

ny300exrider
07-01-2006, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts_Suck
i need a makeover,

i ride a 89 250x it needs a new top end the suspension is gone in rear, i put every dime i get into it.

i keep telling my mom when i get some money i would buy a nice 400-450 to start racing XC, but untill then i have my 250x to ride around the hood on with it smoking and it takes me a good 10 kicks to get running.

i would rather have a 4 wheeler then a truck so i keep putting all my money i get into it, i just bought a new case cover(broke the last one) a chain and case saver and i owe my mom like $400.:ermm: im really not trying to be a dick or anything, but you honestly think that you deserve it enough to make a post? compared to some of the other entries so far, i dont get how some of you guys are still making these posts. like i said, no hate or anything but you are known for dropping out of highschool, and you still want a makeover?

Mxjunkie
07-01-2006, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by HondaRacer300ex
If I had to pick a member, I'd pick MXJunkie. He has a nice banshee already, but he has contributed to the sight a lot more then these "new" posters.

Thank's man! :p I'm actually saving my pennys and dimes right now I might send her down to pappy sometime this summer :)

:: to the guy with the vforce ::

What did you hit at breezewood!? I bet the wife was a bit mad about that one :eek2:

knelson
07-01-2006, 08:17 PM
O.K. I have a nomination, I am not sure if it's as good as the others but here it is, KIRT13, Here's his story he is a good friend of mine that is stationed in the coast guard, About 3 months ago he just got back home to panama city,Fl (Home), After being stationed in Baharain, Iraq for 2 years. While home we hung out rode fourwheelers and such (I put him on my grizzly) well he was here for about 2 months then he was getting stationed in North Carolina.

About 2 weeks before he was to leave I had convinced him to buy a quad< What quad?The baddest one supposedly at the time the LTR 450! for those 2 weeks he was here in PCB he put nerfs on, exhaust, cherry bomb, Basicly he spent a large part of his coastguard income on this bike (He is inlisted not an officer so he's not exactly loaded:ermm: ).2 or 3 days before he left he wrecked it (Bent the axle,Couldn't get a replacement for it then for it was to new:scary:

We loaded it in his truck and he was off to north carolina (Out to sea for 2 months) he gets there and gets settled in at his new apartment, Wakes up in the morning for work and dicovered his quad gone! He has a newer f-150 lifted a little bit with a locked tailgate , so they rolled it out of the side (scratching the crap out of the truck side). With no insurance, Not having made his first payment on this 8,000$(at the time) bike, he had to leave for sea.

While he was out he told me being the only thing he had left of his bike being a spare key and a payment book, He was going to buy a 250r piece by piece off ebay, and eventually he could ride his own bike some day. Well he has been sending parts to my shop when he could and he is getting closer to having a bike again all he is lacking is the engine an a few nick nacks to get still.

The thing is when you build a bike off ebay parts they are all different colors and I was thinking maybe this guy could catch a break If not he will get them all powder coated in time.

This guy never asks for any hand out's and is always there when You need him No Matter what. This probably doesn't mean much to you guys but it does to me :D So I will probably be helping him out a little:cool:

Sorry about the long post but he is back here on a week vacation
and you should have seen his eyes when he saw his 250r parts at my shop that HE PAID FOR! Seeing that it tells me he really does enjoy quads and doesn't expect but I Think Deserves a BREAK! THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME:)

Blackkawi400
07-01-2006, 08:25 PM
:: to the guy with the vforce ::

What did you hit at breezewood!? I bet the wife was a bit mad about that one :eek2: [/B][/QUOTE]

I didnt hit anything, I overshot one of the jumps on the kiddie track and when I landed, it broke the whole right side of the suspension off. I guess 600lb machines arent meant to be jumped??

As far as the wife, eye witnesses said it was like a bear attack!! :huh

07-01-2006, 09:19 PM
I didnt hit anything, I overshot one of the jumps on the kiddie track and when I landed, it broke the whole right side of the suspension off. I guess 600lb machines arent meant to be jumped??

And by bear attack...Did you like it or was it painful?

Mean250r
07-02-2006, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by knelson
O.K. I have a nomination, I am not sure if it's as good as the others but here it is, KIRT13, Here's his story he is a good friend of mine that is stationed in the coast guard, About 3 months ago he just got back home to panama city,Fl (Home), After being stationed in Baharain, Iraq for 2 years. While home we hung out rode fourwheelers and such (I put him on my grizzly) well he was here for about 2 months then he was getting stationed in North Carolina.

About 2 weeks before he was to leave I had convinced him to buy a quad< What quad?The baddest one supposedly at the time the LTR 450! for those 2 weeks he was here in PCB he put nerfs on, exhaust, cherry bomb, Basicly he spent a large part of his coastguard income on this bike (He is inlisted not an officer so he's not exactly loaded:ermm: ).2 or 3 days before he left he wrecked it (Bent the axle,Couldn't get a replacement for it then for it was to new:scary:

We loaded it in his truck and he was off to north carolina (Out to sea for 2 months) he gets there and gets settled in at his new apartment, Wakes up in the morning for work and dicovered his quad gone! He has a newer f-150 lifted a little bit with a locked tailgate , so they rolled it out of the side (scratching the crap out of the truck side). With no insurance, Not having made his first payment on this 8,000$(at the time) bike, he had to leave for sea.

While he was out he told me being the only thing he had left of his bike being a spare key and a payment book, He was going to buy a 250r piece by piece off ebay, and eventually he could ride his own bike some day. Well he has been sending parts to my shop when he could and he is getting closer to having a bike again all he is lacking is the engine an a few nick nacks to get still.

The thing is when you build a bike off ebay parts they are all different colors and I was thinking maybe this guy could catch a break If not he will get them all powder coated in time.

This guy never asks for any hand out's and is always there when You need him No Matter what. This probably doesn't mean much to you guys but it does to me :D So I will probably be helping him out a little:cool:

and you should have seen his eyes when he saw his 250r parts at my shop that HE PAID FOR! Seeing that it tells me he really does enjoy quads and doesn't expect but I Think Deserves a BREAK! THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME:)

Hey pappy, consider this one. :macho

TheFontMaster
07-02-2006, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Mean250r
Hey pappy, consider this one. :macho

I'm likin that one too:cool:

07-02-2006, 06:22 PM
I'm likin that one too:cool:

same...maybe he should post up some pics of what it looks like so we can understand/appreciate it more. it seemed very heartfelt

theTman
07-02-2006, 06:23 PM

:o why were you on the kiddie track with a Vforce

knelson
07-02-2006, 08:07 PM
O.K. Guys I told him about the site and me putting his story on it, He thought it would be great! (Who wouldn't:D ) Anyways he Told me he did have 2 pictures of his bike when he had it, But they are off a camera phone and the quality Is really BAD:ermm:
so here they are and I will try to get pic tomorrow of all these 250r parts at my shop:D

P.S.
Pappy, he told me if some how he gets picked, shipping he could cover as well as any other small expenses. Heres the pics!

knelson
07-02-2006, 08:08 PM
last one! notice the bent axle, Wonder if the thieves knew it was like that when they rolled it out of the side of the truck in the dark?

SET THE STAGE
07-02-2006, 10:01 PM
he definitely gets my vote

i know how it feels to have your ride(s) stolen and left with nothing but a bike in pieces. i'm in the same scenario right now. all my things were stolen RIGHT after i had just dumped tons of money into them to get them running good for spring and now i'm left piecing and parting a 250r together that's still far from running..

so pappy, if anyone deserves this.. i think this guy does. especially considering how new he seemed to it.

why do people have to steal?

Pappy
07-02-2006, 10:06 PM

sounds like a winner to me!

Plante400
07-02-2006, 10:13 PM
why not..

i dont have the money to make it right cuz my bike

but ill nominate it anyways,.

it needs shocks haha as u can see along with a bunch of other things you cant see...

id love to rip up the track but i just dont have the money to dump into it to make it MX ready.

i think id be fast on the track. i just need to drop the money to get it there.,

Kirt13
07-03-2006, 11:42 AM
O.K. Guys I told him about the site and me putting his story on it, He thought it would be great! (Who wouldn't:D ) Anyways he Told me he did have 2 pictures of his bike when he had it, But they are off a camera phone and the quality Is really BAD:ermm:
so here they are and I will try to get pic tomorrow of all these 250r parts at my shop:D

P.S.
Pappy, he told me if some how he gets picked, shipping he could cover as well as any other small expenses. Heres the pics!

Hi, this is Alan (kirt13). I am the guy Knelson here is talking
about. I coudn't believe that some one would do something like
Pappy is doing. Like every one else is saying......This is an
awesome thing your doing Pappy. I could only hope and dream
that I might win this, but some one is going to be soooo happy
to be the winner.
Any ways, I was in Iraq for 2 years (2 tours, back-to-back).
I saved up some money and when I got back I bought the
LTr450. You've already heard the full story from Kevin about it
being stolen. Just giving you all a little more insight in to the story. Here is a pic of the parts I had delivered to Knelson's shop.
I also have on the way a set of Meir race cut black plastics and
a couple of little things.

Just to recap, my project is a 87' TRX 250r.

Thanks for considering me!!!!!!

Pappy
07-03-2006, 12:06 PM
kirt, i couldnt think of a better person to help then one of our service members!

07-03-2006, 12:13 PM
kirt, i couldnt think of a better person to help then one of our service members!

dam straight pappy...like your sig says

support those that support you and theres no better way then this

man that guy is lucky....get a lot of pics when ur doin it pappy lol

Shift_450R
07-03-2006, 12:26 PM
This is Captain Canuck btw:

I want to nominate my brother who has a 2003 Honda 400EX. Before I could even remember, he has loved quads. Him and I used to ride quads around my baba's house whenever we used to go visit her on the farm when we were really young. Ever since she has passed away, he has really gotten into quads and has been a member of this site for quite some time. It is almost as if his quads has been a link to his memory of our beloved baba. I myself used to quad a lot as well and I recently had to sell my quad just to afford paying for college. He loves coming on the website and looking at everyone's beautiful creations hoping that one day, he would have the money to make his 400ex half of the machines that he sees on here. He has been working a steady job along side of school since he was 12. He is now 15 and still puts in close to 10 hour days almost everyday (school and work combined). He always had the vision of being able to buy the parts he needed to make his quad his own masterpiece. But, since he is still young, his job doesn't pay a whole lot but that isn't stopping him. He is very determined despite the fact that it is very improbably that he will ever reach his goal. He works very hard to keep his grades up and earn the little money that he can to help modify his quad.

Please Pappy, consider my brother. He really deserves it as I want him to have something that I never did. He loves the sport for what it is and if you select him, you will have made a friend for life as he already has immense respect for you and your family.

Take care.

knelson
07-03-2006, 01:27 PM
heres his pics!still needs swinger,axle, and motor. Plastics and other parts are in the mail:D

AtvMxRider
07-03-2006, 03:13 PM

I agree. I would also nominate JRP

Rico400
07-03-2006, 05:03 PM
Personaly I don't think that people should be alowed to nominate themselfs. Even though thier intentions may be good, it just seems a bit conceded. But that's just my oppinion

so people with friends on here are the only ones tha should be nominated?

but i do think its kool ur going to do that guys 250R

TheFontMaster
07-03-2006, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Rico400
Personaly I don't think that people should be alowed to nominate themselfs. Even though thier intentions may be good, it just seems a bit conceded. But that's just my oppinion

so people with friends on here are the only ones tha should be nominated?

but i do think its kool ur going to do that guys 250R

No it shouldn't be limited to people that have friends on here. The guy that is getting the powdercoat on the 250r didn't join the site untill he heard his friend entered this contest. I just think that entering yourself in this contest is pretty selfish. Now granted there were a few people that entered themselfs that would have deserved it. But the vast majority of them IMO didn't.

Kirt13
07-03-2006, 09:03 PM

Pappy,
I just wanted to thank you for what you do for people. I can't believe that I won this!! I have never won anything before. It still hasn't sunk in all the way yet. I do a lot for people. I like to help them how ever I can. I guess it's like they say, "Whay goes around comes around". I thought that I was going to have to wait years before I would be ablew to put my 250r together. I can't wait to ride with all my friends on my own quad again. I hate having to borrow a quad every time we ride (which is usually a few times a week).
I still owe about $6,000 on the stolen LTr450. I'll be paying that off for the next few years, but at least I'll have a quad to ride while I'm making payments .

Well, thanks to all of the people on here who had my back.
Thanks mostly to you Pappy!!!
Oh yeah, Knelson..........YOU DA MAN!!!!!!!!!!!

Pappy
07-03-2006, 09:09 PM
get all your parts together and ship them here...just give me a heads up when they are coming and what colors you are considering etc.

BK Performance
84 Chase Lane
Hedgesville WV

wantablaster
07-03-2006, 09:12 PM
Very good choice pappy like mjpridered10 said about whats in your sig support those that support you and theres no better way then this

07-03-2006, 09:19 PM
congrats man:macho

07-03-2006, 09:36 PM
yeah man, i almost won haha jk

congrats man...i hope you like your 250 badarse!

Kirt13
07-03-2006, 10:07 PM
get all your parts together and ship them here...just give me a heads up when they are coming and what colors you are considering etc.

BK Performance
84 Chase Lane
Hedgesville WV

Thanks again Pappy. I can't describe in words how thankeful
and happy I am.
I will start sending you parts in the next couple of days.

To every body else, thanks again!!!!

stoled_400_:(
07-03-2006, 10:17 PM
congrats !! pappy, take lotsa pictures. :D

TheFontMaster
07-03-2006, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Kirt13
Thanks again Pappy. I can't describe in words how thankeful
and happy I am.
I will start sending you parts in the next couple of days.

To every body else, thanks again!!!!

Congrats man. Trust me when your 250r is done you won't be missin the LT-R at all:macho You made the right choice on what quad to build. Don't forget there is a whole section dedicated to the 250r, and we got a bunch of people that know what we are talkin about if you ever have any questions.:)

Kirt13
07-03-2006, 10:28 PM
Congrats man. Trust me when your 250r is done you won't be missin the LT-R at all:macho You made the right choice on what quad to build. Don't forget there is a whole section dedicated to the 250r, and we got a bunch of people that know what we are talkin about if you ever have any questions.:)

Thanks man!!
Much appreciated!

Dupontster
07-04-2006, 05:31 AM
Congrats Kirt...Pappy made a good choice.....

Floorit
07-04-2006, 11:46 AM
I'll nominate my little girl. She's 9 years old, and is a LOT smaller than most of her friends. In 2003 my parents bought my son [12 now] an lt80 and my daughter an lt50. Then the little lt50 had little power for the area we live, but she followed her brother through the trails the best she could.

As time went by the wear on the quads was showing. The lt50 was too under powered and my son was outgrowing the lt80, there was nothing I could do to upgrade them into bigger quads due to the recommended rider limitsand our income.

As much as I wanted to have a quad, my wife and I are on a pretty tight budget and went without quads ourselves so the kids could have them instead.

My parents both died and left me some money in their will. I decided to make it so we could all enjoy riding as a family. I bought myself, my wife and my son new quads and a trailer to be able to haul them on.

I had to make good decisions as to where to spend my inheritence.

Back to my daughter...

She was a bit let down due to having to get her brothers worn out quad. Granted it's a 2003, but it's seen better days. It still looks good, but it needs dire help in the power areas for the trails they ride on are mainly tight trail/hills next to our house.

The quad acts as if it's restricted in power and is gutless. I don't understand why because I've changed the plug, cleaned the filter regularly. Then just recently it started having starting problems. I bought a new battery thinking that was the problem. It worked fine for about a day then it wouldn't start. I got jumper cables and started it that way, but when it dies I have to go out in the trails and push it back to the house to get jumped again. I don't know whats wrong with it...I just keep jump starting it and cussing.

I know I could take it to the shop, but we really can't afford it because I know it will be expensive to fix all the problems.

The reason I bought Honda's is because I am pretty good with them and can resolve/fix most anything that happens to them.

These little suzuki's have me all confused the way they're put together all enclosed.

Well...thanks for reading my post.

Floorit

07-04-2006, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Floorit
I'll nominate my little girl. She's 9 years old, and is a LOT smaller than most of her friends. In 2003 my parents bought my son [12 now] an lt80 and my daughter an lt50. Then the little lt50 had little power for the area we live, but she followed her brother through the trails the best she could.

As time went by the wear on the quads was showing. The lt50 was too under powered and my son was outgrowing the lt80, there was nothing I could do to upgrade them into bigger quads due to the recommended rider limitsand our income.

As much as I wanted to have a quad, my wife and I are on a pretty tight budget and went without quads ourselves so the kids could have them instead.

My parents both died and left me some money in their will. I decided to make it so we could all enjoy riding as a family. I bought myself, my wife and my son new quads and a trailer to be able to haul them on.

I had to make good decisions as to where to spend my inheritence.

Back to my daughter...

She was a bit let down due to having to get her brothers worn out quad. Granted it's a 2003, but it's seen better days. It still looks good, but it needs dire help in the power areas for the trails they ride on are mainly tight trail/hills next to our house.

The quad acts as if it's restricted in power and is gutless. I don't understand why because I've changed the plug, cleaned the filter regularly. Then just recently it started having starting problems. I bought a new battery thinking that was the problem. It worked fine for about a day then it wouldn't start. I got jumper cables and started it that way, but when it dies I have to go out in the trails and push it back to the house to get jumped again. I don't know whats wrong with it...I just keep jump starting it and cussing.

I know I could take it to the shop, but we really can't afford it because I know it will be expensive to fix all the problems.

The reason I bought Honda's is because I am pretty good with them and can resolve/fix most anything that happens to them.

These little suzuki's have me all confused the way they're put together all enclosed.

Well...thanks for reading my post.

Floorit

im not saying she doesnt deserve it but Pappy already picked a winner ;)
good post tho

Floorit
07-04-2006, 11:57 AM
Sorry...

I read quite a bit of the thread/replies....then just decided to reply.

That's what happens when you DON'T read the WHOLE story !!!

curious george
07-04-2006, 07:30 PM
i nomanate Zepplin03,

here is why

He has a stock 400ex 04', but it is in rough shape,

he has always watched others work and afford quads when it took him three years to get his with just a paper route becuase he treid like hell to get other jobs but couldnt. he is good but i would really like to see his carrer blossom in to some thing more but he cant do it by himself with just a paper route.

George

07-04-2006, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by curious george
i nomanate Zepplin03,

here is why

He has a stock 400ex 04', but it is in rough shape,

he has always watched others work and afford quads when it took him three years to get his with just a paper route becuase he treid like hell to get other jobs but couldnt. he is good but i would really like to see his carrer blossom in to some thing more but he cant do it by himself with just a paper route.

George

:o someone was already picked...good entry tho ;)

WQ_250
07-05-2006, 12:36 PM
I just wanted to tell Kirt......Congratulations on getting picked. You must feel, awesome about this. I think Pappy made a damn good choice on picking you. Also thanks for serving our country. :D

Pappy i was just wondering who was your 2nd and 3rd runner ups? I have been sticking with this topic every since it started, and some of the post i must say are very good. That is if they are all true. :eek2: There was acouple that were very interesting, and i see that alot of people just pm'd you also. So can we see who the runner ups were and what they said? :D

I also think what you are doing, is really awesome. Keep up the awesome work.

Pappy
07-05-2006, 12:49 PM
There were several people who could have easily been picked, it was the fact that life was kicking kirt in the teeth as he was ready to go defend our country.....which means alot to me personally.

If I could, I would help anyone who truly needed it, but I am not wealthy enough to do that, I wish I were!

insaneracin2003
07-05-2006, 01:25 PM
ooohhhhh,oooohhhh.can I play?
Ken,I really think this is a great thing you are doing!! The next project should be in honor of you.As much as you have done for me and everyone else in the quad community. some one like you deserves to have something given back to show all of our appreciation.
so with that said,you need anything painted,i have a couple Ace Hardware rattle cans that i am sure still have life in them. I can make anything bling for ya!!! j/p
Congrats to the winner and thank you for what you do for the USA......

SET THE STAGE
07-05-2006, 03:33 PM
pappy, who were the other few entries you had in mind? just out of curiosity

07-05-2006, 03:57 PM
did the guy who won join ATVriders AFTER/BEFORE this contest was going?

because i see he only have 7 posts

Iliketogofast
07-05-2006, 04:29 PM
We should all pitch in and make Pappy a sweet quad :D

07-05-2006, 04:42 PM

why does it matter?

and he joined when he won. his friend nominated him and once he found out he won, he joined the forums to say thanks and to post up pics.

Originally posted by Iliketogofast
We should all pitch in and make Pappy a sweet quad :D

I think he already has every sweet quad out there...

PolarisRider06
07-05-2006, 11:07 PM
i wish i would have seen this earlier and that it was still going on. at first i was going to say i would nominate myself but i have a friend whos little bro had cancer for 2 years and just died last night he was like 10 or 11 years old. my friend is a great guy and him and his other brother and sister are all awesome and all 3 of the guys rode something. my friend brandon has a predator, his younger bro has a rm85 and a xr100 and his little bro who died just got a KTM 65 race bike early this spring, he had a different bike last year that he got to race in the fair. all of the family was really close to the little guy and everyone who knew the kid liked him, he was an awesome kid. his brothers were really really close to him and they even built a small track so they could all go out and ride together.

so i guess if you feel really generous for a late entry or something that would be really cool if you did something for him and his little bro.

07-06-2006, 07:39 AM
I think his stuff is already shipped to pappy

immagin being chosen, then him picking somebody else instead... doubt it but sorry

Kirt13
07-06-2006, 08:34 AM

I was using my friends log-on from February to March.
I got my own log-on back in April......so I've been part of
this before the contest started.

THANKS AGAIN PAPPY........YOU DA MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

knelson
07-06-2006, 09:38 AM
<---:D notice my post count, now look at the date I registered:blah: (I mostly read and I use the search feature alot):eek:

below100hz
07-06-2006, 09:13 PM
i think that i deserve a makeover on my quad. i live on capecod in massachusetts, ive been riding for as long as i remember, i got my own bike when i was 12, a z50r and then i had a few more dirtbikes over the years and moved onto quads eventually. right now i have a 2002 400ex that took me all summer working full time and not spending a dime to afford it. ive never been able to afford the high cost to have other people work on my bikes so ive had to learn how to do everything on my own from the beggining, everything from motors to axle bearings. right now im trying to balance out my money to save for college and repairs on my jeep and i cant afford to spend any more money on my quad. but i want to spend a good summer riding and want to be able to keep up with the 450's and do a little racing in at the track before i have to go away for college

atvRiDa400ex
07-06-2006, 09:39 PM
well i have had my 400ex since the beginning of 2002 when they first came out.... i have saved all of my money to get new nerfs that i just got a moth ago after almost 6 months of saving $$. and i also got a kinda expensive seat cover that took me awhile to save and get. but other than that my atv is bone stock and that would be really cool to get it redone. i live in las vegas nevada and every time i have a chance to go anywhere and do anything with my atv i do so, but there is alot of things i wish i could do to my atv that i cant afford. thanks bye

JRP
07-06-2006, 09:48 PM
the makeover is over, its been done for the past few days...
Kirt13 won and he deserves it.:)

07-07-2006, 07:33 AM
just close the topic already... make a new topic for :Extreme Quad Makeover Progress or something to post pictures and... progress :P

Kirt13
07-07-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Crath
just close the topic already... make a new topic for :Extreme Quad Makeover Progress or something to post pictures and... progress :P

ALRIGHT, PROGRESS REPORT:

All of the parts were shipped out to Pappy.
The colors I asked Pappy to choose from were
Translucent Orange, Copper Sparkle and Orange Sparkle.
I'm leaning more to the Translucent Orange. I have black
plastics so this should look pretty bad *****.

To fully complete my project I still need:
swinger, rear shock, axle, rear brake system, handle bars,
perches, cables, motor and exhaust.
I kinda have a motor and exhaust picked out from Patriot Racing.
I hear they do great work and the prices are awesome.
I also kinda have a swinger picked out from Podos Racing.
Anybody have any feedback on their swingers?

Kirt13
07-07-2006, 12:37 PM
I have started a new thread for the progress reports.

It's under "General" listed as "Progress Report-Xtreme Quad Makeover".
Thanks!!! :D

Tas
07-07-2006, 07:29 PM
I vote for Tas, thats me. I'm 37 and married with 3 beautiful kids(10,4,1) About 3.5 years ago I had 2 quads stolen right out of my garage, 1 was a 02 Warrior & the other was my 02 Raptor. The rap was stock but i did sink alot of cash into the warrior. I lost alot of money due to this and finaly just finished paying for them both about 1 year ago. Times became tough due to getting layed off and haveing no money. I was finally able to land a great job and start to dig my family out of our hole. Was able to save up a little side money and after about 3 year thinking I would never get a quad bought a 1999 400ex for $1800. It may not be the best running or looking 1 on the block but I own it and its payed for. Ive been able to do a few things to it because of some friends but would loved to do a frame up on it. My son love it and always tells me that when he is bigger that it will be his, would be nice if it was still around and looking sharp. Hope I would be someone who might qualify for this contest. Thanks all. :)