PDA

View Full Version : Quad Tech hood doesnt fit????

QuadJunkies
06-21-2006, 10:17 PM
We FINALLY got the new plastic Quad Tech hood and it seems to be too narrow of a fit?? Does it fit directly over the orginal front piece or do you remove it ??With it off it will not fit .:confused:

Could it be a difference from the 04-05?? I wasnt thinking so, but thought I better ask.Maybe were instlaling it wrong :o :p

JH Racing
06-22-2006, 07:00 AM
You have to remove the stock hood and the cut the tabs off on the inside towards the bottom and you also need to remove the plastic rivets under the hood so you can pull the fenders in Hope this helps

QuadJunkies
06-22-2006, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by JH Racing
You have to remove the stock hood and the cut the tabs off on the inside towards the bottom and you also need to remove the plastic rivets under the hood so you can pull the fenders in Hope this helps

thanks so much!!! Ill give it a whirl :)

Scro
06-22-2006, 11:17 AM
I have heard that you have to heat the plastics, bend them over to meet with the hood, and keep them held there until it cools. Once it cools, it will keep its shape and form with the hood.

QuadJunkies
06-22-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by bama450r
I have heard that you have to heat the plastics, bend them over to meet with the hood, and keep them held there until it cools. Once it cools, it will keep its shape and form with the hood.

Seriously??? What a PITA... :huh :(

Why cant people just make things to FIT!:confused:

Scro
06-22-2006, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Seriously??? What a PITA... :huh :(

Why cant people just make things to FIT!:confused:

I know what you mean. :scary: That's just what I have heard though. I've never installed one myself.

QuadJunkies
06-22-2006, 11:51 AM
I would call Quad Tech and ask them myself, except you can never get ahold of anyone:ermm:

400exrider707
06-22-2006, 01:12 PM
What is this new hood? I've never heard of it. Can you post a link or a pic? I just had my first race of the season last night and my new quadtech flat hood is pretty much destroyed!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

tltcracing
06-22-2006, 02:47 PM
its the new slim one (check for racing picks of Wimmer or K&K's new racer). i dont think you have to heat it up to bend it. i think the on Gen X's web site they have picks and describe what needs to be done. i know its with one of their slim hoods but at least it will point you in the right direction. GENXATV.COM i wouldent cut anything because it is a diff hood just see how it fits then cut if nessasary.

QuadJunkies
06-22-2006, 02:57 PM
I think this this will be the LAST one Ill ever EVER buy again.... I cant believe how much BS it was to get, then return stuff that didnt fit(carbon Fiber covers that they said WOULD FIT) then FINALLY get the product and it comes to my door like this...!!:mad:
I know alot of others who have had great experience with them, we are not one of them
Good thing a number will go on the front of it!:grr:

QuadJunkies
06-22-2006, 02:58 PM
I do however like the seat cover, now I just ned to have someone intall it cause we dont know how to install with the new Foam.

Nick110
06-22-2006, 03:07 PM
Is that the hump seat. I thought it came with the foam and all stuff already put together.

QuadJunkies
06-22-2006, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Nick110
Is that the hump seat. I thought it came with the foam and all stuff already put together. It is and does.. .. But in order to have it all installed, you have to send them the seat. We have needed the quad so we couldnt gamble another month to wait on them to send it back.

tamehart
06-22-2006, 08:23 PM
I believe the plastic hood is the skinny version of the hoods. It's a bummer you had a bad experience with them. I have had everything quad tech makes for the 450r and don't think anyone could make me switch to another brand.

Anyways, I hope you like the hump seat as much as I love mine. I have let others ride it and all have good things to say.

QuadJunkies
06-22-2006, 08:25 PM
thanks Tameheart, Im sure we will love the seat.

Is it easy to install with the foam?

tamehart
06-22-2006, 08:38 PM
I ended up buying an extra pan to send out to QT. From the looks of the staples, looks like the install should be pretty easy. At least a lot easier than some seat covers I have seen.

hoopd450
06-22-2006, 08:51 PM
on the hood, u just need to loosen the front fender bolts and pull the plastic together a little. then drill your holes and install the hood. when you're done putting the hood on then just tighten the fender bolts. i've put a couple on. its not too bad.

400exrider707
06-22-2006, 09:22 PM
Does quadtech warranty any of their stuff at all? My hood is pretty much destroyed and I didn't even hit a single thing!!! I dont get it. I didn't even realize it happened until I got home. I am not happy, because that was an expensive hood. I really like the looks of the plastic hood. How much did that run you QJ if you dont mind me asking.

QuadJunkies
06-22-2006, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Does quadtech warranty any of their stuff at all? My hood is pretty much destroyed and I didn't even hit a single thing!!! I dont get it. I didn't even realize it happened until I got home. I am not happy, because that was an expensive hood. I really like the looks of the plastic hood. How much did that run you QJ if you dont mind me asking.

I really doubt they have a warrenty, you coudl call and ask I guess..

I cant remeber excacly what they cost,but I think its around 90.00.We had an exchange and then added to the order, so the total was a little more .

Nick110
06-22-2006, 09:31 PM
Hey Qj or anyone that can answer this... Does the hump seat lower the seat height at all? Is the foam any thinner? I am not the tallest racer and I feel I need a little less foam.

QuadJunkies
06-22-2006, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Nick110
Hey Qj or anyone that can answer this... Does the hump seat lower the seat height at all? Is the foam any thinner? I am not the tallest racer and I feel I need a little less foam.

hump seat is a little thicker and seems to be abit taller.. You could just get the reg cover Im guessing instead that they make?? I can tell already thats its going to be much nicer to sit on though!

redrider05
06-24-2006, 07:30 PM
for help in fitment on the hood...on my buddys skinny quadtech...we took those tabs that the stock hood mounts to took out the grommets and put zip ties in there to bring it in and then u drill the holes for mounting it...also loosen up the fender bracket bolts to make it alil easier...

QuadJunkies
06-25-2006, 12:10 AM
thanks you for the help... That gives us a better idea now :)

tltcracing
06-27-2006, 06:46 PM
how did your hood turn out? show some picks.

QuadJunkies
06-27-2006, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by tltcracing
how did your hood turn out? show some picks.

We got a case of laziness since returning from vacation so we havent done it yet ..:o :p

Ill be sure and post shortly ....;)

JRP
06-29-2006, 12:02 PM
hey QJ did you get it yet? I just got mine and it looks like its to skinny to fit on it. So i dunno what to do.

QuadJunkies
06-29-2006, 12:11 PM
No, we still havent had time to install it.

have you called them yet?

Im gonna be one pizzed off MOFO if I have to yet return ANOTHER quad Tech product that doesnt fit!:grr:

JRP
06-29-2006, 12:12 PM
no, i havent called them yet, i dont understand how hard it is for them to make a product that fits ur quad.

QuadJunkies
06-29-2006, 12:15 PM
Im gonna have Troy call them ASAP.

Maybe a simple SET OF INSTRUSTIONS would be nice too!:mad: :rolleyes:

Troys more mild tempered than I, so Ill let ya know what they said-if they are even there.. :ermm:

Alot could have been prevented had there been some SPECIFIC intructions

JRP
06-29-2006, 12:22 PM
mine came with some type of instructions, but it just dosent go into detail at all. Its sad when you need detailed instructions to put a hood on, but that couldo f been prevented with a good fabricated hood.

tltcracing
06-29-2006, 01:38 PM
you say they "dont fit" because its not supost to. that hood was desinded to pull the front fenders in a lot to get a different look out of the quad. like i said gen x has a good detailed desription on how to get it to fit on their site.

JRP
06-29-2006, 02:49 PM
you say they "dont fit" because its not supost to. that hood was desinded to pull the front fenders in a lot to get a different look out of the quad. like i said gen x has a good detailed desription on how to get it to fit on their site.

do you know there site?

IOWAracer
06-29-2006, 03:10 PM
could that be the look that andy lagzdinz had last year i noticed his quad looked alot more narrow in the front and he had a quad tech hood??

broc

tltcracing
06-29-2006, 05:54 PM
i already posted it! look at the first page, most of the way down. i hope that you didnt just over look it because that would of saved you a lot of time.

QuadJunkies
06-29-2006, 11:33 PM

I will go and look ....

Do you have this hood? I dont think I have even seen this one yet installed.
still.... instruistions on install on it would have been good.

BTW.. No one was avail. to take my call today.
thanks for the info.

QuadJunkies
06-29-2006, 11:53 PM
Here are the instructions tltcracing suggested...

install (http://genxatv.com/installhood.html)

JRP
06-30-2006, 05:42 AM
i got it QJ!

QuadJunkies
06-30-2006, 09:40 AM
YAY!!!

Lets see a close up shot :cool:

looks good!!

tltcracing
06-30-2006, 11:22 AM
looks good. i wish people would read up some on the products they buy. bty havent any of you been keeping up on the current races. look at the pics of any of last years quad tech racers (except byrd and natalie) and you will find that they all are runnig the new skinny hood. and didnt anyone notice how farr was running an unscooped version of the same hood for years. and now he switched to another smoothy stle hood, its more squared off and pointed. nether of these hood have been for sale and i dont even think anyone noticed them. hitt and upperman are also using the new smoothy.

QuadJunkies
06-30-2006, 11:28 AM
looks good. i wish people would read up some on the products they buy. bty havent any of you been keeping up on the current races. look at the pics of any of last years quad tech racers (except byrd and natalie) and you will find that they all are runnig the new skinny hood. and didnt anyone notice how farr was running an unscooped version of the same hood for years. and now he switched to another smoothy stle hood, its more squared off and pointed. nether of these hood have been for sale and i dont even think anyone noticed them. hitt and upperman are also using the new smoothy. Gee.... some of us dont have time to read up on EVERYINTHG thats out there.:ermm:

As for reading up on what I buy????I actually DO do ALOT or reasearch before I buy, this just didnt happen to be one of the products... in fact, they didint even have a picutre on there website when I bought it . its taken me 2 MONTHS to get my order straightened out, I could have read all the things in the workld and it wouldnt have made all the difference.I do read the race reports, but dont get too into depth on all the quads unless it catches my eye..

No.. I obviously didnt notice . I do have other projects we work on besides the internet :o

I appreciated you taking the time to link us the instructions but instrustions in the packing would have saved a whole lot of time and reading . Thats whats so great about thissite, you always know you can depend on someone to help you out :)

tltcracing
06-30-2006, 11:34 AM
there are only a handfull of hoods out there. maybe i just like looking at pros quads to much. and anyone notice how byrd switched from kenda to maxis then launched his quad off the track this last race.

QuadJunkies
06-30-2006, 11:42 PM
Its on NOW!

They told me that this hood measures up the same as the Carbon Fiber one,but it obviously doesnt. This was made ot fit the other hood thats not avail.

Guess Ill have to send in some measurments to get a new one eventually.
Troy wanted his name on this set.

QuadJunkies
06-30-2006, 11:44 PM
a couple more...

QuadJunkies

QuadJunkies

cb450r
07-01-2006, 02:37 AM
Looks like it fits pretty darn good to me unless i am not seeing something right?

Scro
07-01-2006, 07:56 AM
Shweet:)

IOWAracer
07-01-2006, 09:03 AM
Hey it looks awsome i think i might get me one now and i think if you try real hard u can get another sticker or two on those front fenders :devil: love your guys' quads they are some of the nicest i have ever seen!!!!

broc

QuadJunkies
07-01-2006, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by cb450r
Looks like it fits pretty darn good to me unless i am not seeing something right?

lol the sticker is hiding one imperfection :p .

Were just being picky I guess,but up close you can see it needs a bit mroe narrow

I still like it though!

Thanks IOWAracer:)

tltcracing
07-02-2006, 12:08 PM
nice. can we see a pic from farther away. i knew you would like it as soon as you figured out how to get it to fit on.

QuadJunkies
07-02-2006, 06:53 PM
it was shot in a dark garage so Im not sure how good it will look...

QuadJunkies
07-02-2006, 06:56 PM

QuadJunkies
07-13-2006, 12:04 AM
finally got the seat done!

QuadJunkies
07-13-2006, 12:04 AM

QuadJunkies
07-13-2006, 12:05 AM

IDEX
07-13-2006, 06:04 AM
Looks nice and comfy, I bet Troy wished he had it for St A.

QuadJunkies
07-13-2006, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by IDEX
Looks nice and comfy, I bet Troy wished he had it for St A.
lol... I wish I had it for St. A's too!:p

tltcracing
07-13-2006, 12:26 PM
give us a ride report on the seat IYO. i think you might have trouble getting your butt over the rear end for woops and starts but i could be wrong so tell us after you ride it. and where did you get the seat and hood from? was it quadtech directly?

QuadJunkies
07-13-2006, 12:32 PM
give us a ride report on the seat IYO. i think you might have trouble getting your butt over the rear end for woops and starts but i could be wrong so tell us after you ride it. and where did you get the seat and hood from? was it quadtech directly? I think off the line it wont be an issue. Troy will be racing this wk end I think so we will see how he likes it ,Ill be trying it out next week on a ride were doing in the trails.I tend to sit more towards the back than he does.

Yes, Quad Tech direct.;)