PDA

View Full Version : motor cuts out in the air

10-10-2001, 07:41 AM
I have an FMF powercore IV pipe and recently rejetted to a 170 main and modified the airbox lid. The first day I rode after doing this, the quad ran very well. But while riding last night I noticed that the motor cuts out when the rear wheels are off the ground. For example, if I blip the throttle while in the air over a jump, the motor cuts out almost completely. But it still runs great as long as the rear wheels are on the ground. Do you guys think this is related to my jetting, or could it be something else?

10-10-2001, 07:55 AM
I've heard of a bike boggin while landing from a jump but not in the air. Was your float bowl clean??? Only thing I can think of is take your carb off and make sure it's clean and that NO vent hoses are clamped or kinked in any spot or in a bind,,,going up on a main jet should not cause this problem,,,I'd just double check the carb completely...good luck..How ya like the FMF pipe?? Put a powerbong on there and you'll really be amazed.

10-10-2001, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the input, Rico. A friend of mine emailed Powroll about it, too, and they also think it could be the float level or possibly the needle and seat area being worn. I guess I'll pull the carb apart, give it a good cleaning, and maybe replace the float assembly.

I love my FMF pipe and I would like to get the Powerbomb. But I think my next purchase will be extended A-arms. How do you like those Housers? Do they make +3s or just +2s?

10-10-2001, 09:35 AM
They make a +3 but i think its only in the long travel,,,but actually I think John Houser will make what ever you want...I love mine,,good quality and looks..

10-10-2001, 05:33 PM
houser discouraged +3's last time i talked to him

trueblue450
10-10-2001, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Rico
good luck..How ya like the FMF pipe?? Put a powerbong on there and you'll really be amazed.

RICO RICO...

I didn't know you liked to party! :D

10-11-2001, 07:18 AM
I live ta party...............:D :D :D :devil :devil :devil