PDA

View Full Version : Another problem...GEZ

300ex_#387
06-21-2006, 07:45 PM
Well I got my 300 back from the shop. I took it in there because it was cutting out in the higher rpm's then I took it home and it didnt have any spark. Well when I got it back he told me he put a new plug in and put a 152 jet in it. I only run a full system pipe and a k&n with no airbox lid, and I though a 152 is way to big but he said it was fine. So I take it home and ride it and its running fine then it starts cutting out again, and it wont start again. I take it back to the house and it starts fine and runs fine. I go to put it up and when I press the starter the nuetral light went off and the whole thing went dead. Anyone have an idea whats going on here?

GPracer2500
06-21-2006, 09:26 PM
The power issue might be a blown fuse.

Sjorge450R
06-21-2006, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
Well I got my 300 back from the shop. I took it in there because it was cutting out in the higher rpm's then I took it home and it didnt have any spark. Well when I got it back he told me he put a new plug in and put a 152 jet in it. I only run a full system pipe and a k&n with no airbox lid, and I though a 152 is way to big but he said it was fine. So I take it home and ride it and its running fine then it starts cutting out again, and it wont start again. I take it back to the house and it starts fine and runs fine. I go to put it up and when I press the starter the nuetral light went off and the whole thing went dead. Anyone have an idea whats going on here?

152 deffinetly sounds way too rich. I cant help with the other problems tho. Sorry.

hardkoratvmxr
06-21-2006, 09:46 PM
i had the same problem with hitting the starter and the light goes out. go back to your battery connections take them off and spray some contact cleaner on there or most of the time you can take the connections off and put them right back on and it will solve that problem. if that dont work let me know

DieselBoy
06-21-2006, 11:24 PM
loose/dirty connection would be a start.

unplug, clean, and replug tightly.

300ex_#387
06-22-2006, 08:29 AM
I will go see if the connections are bad, but it still has to go into the shop and see why its cutting out like that, and why its only doing it every once and a while.

300exOH
06-22-2006, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
I will go see if the connections are bad, but it still has to go into the shop and see why its cutting out like that, and why its only doing it every once and a while.

A bad electrical connection will cause it to cut out like that occassionally. Check all your connectors and wiring including the battery connection like mentioned above. And a 152 main sounds waaayyy to big for a 300ex. If the dealer put the 152 in there I would find another shop.:ermm:

rooster300ex
06-22-2006, 09:20 AM
Yea find another shop if he put a 152 main in a 300ex with a exhaust and airbox mods. He may not be familiar with 300ex's.

300ex_#387
06-22-2006, 10:42 AM
It was the battery connection, but it still wont start. It's at that same dealer now, and if its not fixed right this time it is going somewhere else.

kyleschonert
06-22-2006, 12:14 PM
You takin it to Travco Josh? If so, get it the hell out of there. The Boldens seemed to ALWAYS have problems there. I would take it to Joe's. If you need the address and the number let me know. He may take a while longer, but you will be satisfied, beleive me. Good quality work.

Rich250RRacer
06-22-2006, 09:30 PM
I had a 300EX with similar problems, and I just about pulled my hair out. After hours of searching and probing with a test light, I found the plugs on most of the wiring harness were corroded, mainly the big one just under and in front of the tank, where the handlebar switch connects to the main harness. The terminals on both the switch and the harness were so bad that both had to be replaced.

300ex_#387
06-24-2006, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by kyleschonert
You takin it to Travco Josh? If so, get it the hell out of there. The Boldens seemed to ALWAYS have problems there. I would take it to Joe's. If you need the address and the number let me know. He may take a while longer, but you will be satisfied, beleive me. Good quality work.

Yeah it went to travco. They finally found the problem, it was 2 wires with a male, and female end that kept shorting out. I went in there to talk about the jetting and he is still trying to convince me that it is right. I told him to give me a couple plugs and a bunch of jets and I will see for myself whats right lol. Kyle I will be taking it to Joe's from now on. I have had him work on a bike a few years ago for us so I know where he is at. Thanks.