PDA

View Full Version : ltr450??

trx400EXtreme
06-21-2006, 06:28 PM
my cousin was wondering if u guys think it would be a good idea to sell his z400 and buy the ltr450. the only things done to it performence wise is an exhaust, jet kit, and a k&n air filter w/ outerwear.thanx

CHEVYZ
06-22-2006, 01:45 PM
Depends on what he is doing with it. The LTR is definately a superior quad, but if he isn't racing, a Z is enough. If he isn't happy, throw a few more parts on it... it will be cheaper than a LTR, and should perform decently. JMO.

400 SS EX
06-22-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by CHEVYZ
Depends on what he is doing with it. The LTR is definately a superior quad, but if he isn't racing, a Z is enough. If he isn't happy, throw a few more parts on it... it will be cheaper than a LTR, and should perform decently. JMO.

I'll second that. As long as he isn't doing any competitive racing the Z is a great quad. Good manevuerablility great in the air, reverse for trails, and plenty of power. So if he is a trail rider that will hit a few jumps every once in a while, I'd stick with the Z.

YFZ450Ridr
06-22-2006, 02:23 PM
if his 400 is stock then no it wouldnt be a good idea to upgrade. put some performance parts on the 400 and it will get him grinning. if his 400 is pretty modded out then yes it might be beneficial to get a 450. might be a better idea to get a used 450r or yfz because the new LTRs are so expensive.

z40021
06-29-2006, 05:09 PM
I agree with CHEVYZ on that. If he dosent go to the track he should stick with the z. exspecially if he rides trails in the woods. I know around here some trails get really tight and my z barely can make it through.