PDA

View Full Version : klaws vs. mud sharks?

cbr929rr
06-21-2006, 03:02 PM
I ride trails that have mostly soft terrain with occasional mud,rocks,sand, roots,snow, and hill climbs. What tire best suits this all purpose tire? I do not race mx or anything like profesionally groomed. I'm leaning towards kenda klaws or mud sharks in 20" versions so I can run nerfs with heel guards.

300ex mxracer
06-23-2006, 07:22 AM
if u wanna slide at all dont get the mudsharks. my buddy has em on has kfx and they get a crapload of traction everywhere.

BigBoreDinosaur
06-23-2006, 11:46 PM
I've got the MudSharks on mine, and to be honest, I don't think I'll ever run another tire for trail riding. Aside from the weight (they're right around 19 lbs. per tire), I have ZERO complaints. They chew through any mud you can find, don't ride too bad on hardpack, and work really well in the snow. They wear like iron, too. I've got the 21x12x9 version and I have no clearance issues with my heelguard nerfs. Oh, and you can slide the quad with them on, too. Just need to ride something with some real horsepower. :D

forgiven
06-26-2006, 12:49 AM
I just put them on my predator I have the 10" ones btw 21 X 12 X10 and it did change my gearing a little which I didn't like and robbed some horses due to the weight. I do get more front end push now since they grab but my suspension is dialed in correctly either. I think they have their place but I am going to try the Klaws or Razr2's or all around trails.

pnut420
06-27-2006, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by forgiven
I just put them on my predator I have the 10" ones btw 21 X 12 X10 and it did change my gearing a little which I didn't like and robbed some horses due to the weight. I do get more front end push now since they grab but my suspension is dialed in correctly either. I think they have their place but I am going to try the Klaws or Razr2's or all around trails.

Gotta regear.

400exrider707
06-27-2006, 06:32 PM
Go with the klaws, you'll be much happier you did. I've never been a fan of mudsharks, they're only good for really watery mud. If you hit really thick gumbo, they ball right up. Plus you said yourself your doing a variety of terrains, not just mud. Why would you buy a mud specific tire then? I would also look into the new ITP GNCC's if you have some money to spend.