PDA

View Full Version : What to do next?

5.0fox
06-21-2006, 02:11 PM
OK so the current performance mods done to my z-400 are a yoshi rs-3 full system, a pro-flow kit and a white bros. cdi. What im wondering is what shoudl i do next? My two options are the drz upgrades or cams? If cams which are the best all around? if the drz kit is there anything else i must do while im installing it?

thx in advance!

Villageidiott23
06-29-2006, 09:17 AM
id be careful what cam u drop in it I.E. hot cams r the most popular. but you might loose alittle bottom end. what about bigbore to a 435 just a sugg.

z40021
06-29-2006, 05:02 PM
you should put a new front end on it if you plan on riding at the track.

Tireguy920
07-08-2006, 07:09 AM
Well you have an exhaust system and pro-flo set up,and already have a rev box,id say go with hot cams(stage2) and the drz up grades(valve springs,base gasket)you'll like the improvment in performance. As for losing a little bottom end power with hot cams this true to a point. If you just do a stage 1 hot cam set up(intake cam only) youll gain a little bottom end,when you do a stage 2 hot cam set up,alot of people claim you loose a little bottom end(didnt even notice on mine,add a 13 tooth sprocket if you notice any difference)but you have so much more punch in the middle and on top.

Someone mentioned a big bore kit,which of course will make more power than the set up above,but youll have to do the above mods to take full advantage of the big bore kit along with a bigger carb ,aftermarket radiator,and beefin up the clutch would probably be a good idea. just my opinion.

Good luck