PDA

View Full Version : Rev box/cdi....

nowukno
06-21-2006, 01:11 PM
Sometimes i will hit my rev limiter a little and was wondering about an aftermarket rev box/cdi. I was thinking about rev max or SRP. But i have heard i should spend a little extra and get a dyna. But i was told i could possibly float a valve with a dyna. What do you guys think? What do you guys have and how do you like it? Thanks in advance.

fandl450r
06-21-2006, 01:17 PM
Personally I love my Vortex. Has 10 maps which gives it pretty nice adjustability. Also allows you to switch between maps on the fly. Increases the rev limit quite a bit.

JW450R1
06-21-2006, 07:40 PM
is the adjustment a pain in the *ss while u r trying to hammer down on a mx track or soo.

fandl450r
06-21-2006, 08:15 PM
Not at all just a flip of a button.

cals400ex
06-21-2006, 10:30 PM
i would also get the dyna. many of the other brands will actually lose alittle bit of power compared to stock.

nowukno
06-22-2006, 07:25 AM
What about floating a valve with the Dyna? Anyone ever had this happen?

tltcracing
06-22-2006, 06:54 PM
in my opinon, rev boxes , if not adjustable are a wase of money. the extra RPMs you get are on the downside of the power curve. all your doing is stessing your motor and your wallet for no increase in power. on the other side the adjustable ones like the vortex can be very handy for changing track conditions and for geting max taction in diff track compositions. if you want one so you dont have to shift as much thats ok just realize that at the redline is not where the max power of the motor is.

cals400ex
06-22-2006, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by nowukno
What about floating a valve with the Dyna? Anyone ever had this happen?

you can float a valve with any aftermarket ignition due to the extra rpms. i ran a dyna with a HRC cam and a 12.25:1 piston and i never had any issues. most people do not have problems but there is always some. its your call. if you are hitting the rev limiter when racing then i say get a rev box because it will help. if you do not need a higher rev limit then i would not get one.

4ABURN
06-23-2006, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by tltcracing
in my opinon, rev boxes , if not adjustable are a wase of money. the extra RPMs you get are on the downside of the power curve. all your doing is stessing your motor and your wallet for no increase in power. on the other side the adjustable ones like the vortex can be very handy for changing track conditions and for geting max taction in diff track compositions. if you want one so you dont have to shift as much thats ok just realize that at the redline is not where the max power of the motor is.

What he said :D :D