PDA

View Full Version : works

400exrider720
06-21-2006, 12:15 PM
are works A-T Steeler front shocks any good for woods and some jumps? I can get them from rockymountainatv.com for $370.

PismoLocal
06-21-2006, 03:53 PM
Personally I wouldn't buy them from there. Check out ebay for used shocks. You could probably find a set of used tcs, pep, axis, or elkas for around that much and they would be way way way better then works AT steelers. But yes IMO works AT steelers will be ok for woods riding and small jumps.

<DRS>GPF
06-23-2006, 11:14 AM
curious, why wouldnt you buy from RMATV? the service is great..

its where i purchased mine and looking around that s about what youll pay..

DEVINF450R
06-23-2006, 06:59 PM
I think his point was that works are shelf shocks and are just set up for the weight, not the type of riding. I think I would save up and buy a set of elka recs or get my stocks redone by C&D. but that is my opinion. I am running stocks but have rode AT's vs elka recs and there is a big difference

06-23-2006, 07:42 PM
Getting shocks from something like RMATV or denniskirk isnt the greatest because there just mass produced. If your getting shocks you want them valved for your weight and riding style etc. From a place like that your just getting basically stock shocks.

wolffie
06-27-2006, 09:45 AM
It all depends on what you're doing. My bro got the Works AT steelers +2 for his Raptor 350. he rides woods and does some lights jumps. they are "decent" shocks for the cash, as they provide a bit more travel, but after a year of hard riding they are needing rebuilding pretty bad. i think they are great shocks for the semi casual semi hard trail rider, and they can soak up MABEY 4-5ft of flat landed air.

basically, it depends on how aggressive you ride. if you think these will be alright for you, then get them. but if that description seems to lax for you riding style look elsewhere! try ebay or save up the $450 or whatever it is for some Elka Recreation shocks.