PDA

View Full Version : funny storry

zedicus00
06-21-2006, 11:39 AM
im walking around in the pathetic attempt of a local atv shop the other day... (i go in there occasionally to talk crap on the new stuff) and this sales man eyes me down and bullets toward me. he says 'hey arent you the guy with the honda 250....' well yeah thas me... he starts tellin me they took one in trade a month or so ago and cant get anyone to even look at it... starts doggin it ect... so i start quizin him about stuff, he says he THINKS its like an 89 and its a white one with red lettering and it runs good (for a honda he says) ... so i ask how much they want. 800$ negotiable... well as you can imagine im starting to get a bit excited and am sayin yeah yeah ill take it... thinkin a bit on my way out the door to go to the bank i ask if i can look at it... sure he say, and we walk around back and into the shop, sitting there in all its glorry, is a good condition honda TRX250X.... im like WTF IS THIS??? im sure u can imagine how it went from there, the kid had no idea there was a difference... im not even sure he new what 2-stroke meant, kept looking at me like he was dazed and confused....

250R-Dee
06-21-2006, 11:46 AM
Bwahahahaha... I knew you were going to say 250X :D. Many sales people are totally lost!

zedicus00
06-21-2006, 11:48 AM
i seriously dont even know why i torture myself by going into that place any more....

lee37vernon
06-21-2006, 12:09 PM
you didnt buy it then :devil:

zedicus00
06-21-2006, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by lee37vernon
you didnt buy it then :devil:

no, thought about taking it for a test drive and running the salesman over with it though....

Scott-300ex
06-21-2006, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by zedicus00
dazed and confused....

Thats my favorite movie.

Funny story! :blah:

250r4life
06-21-2006, 04:07 PM
no, thought about taking it for a test drive and running the salesman over with it though....

lol... in case you didnt know... the world is full of stupid people

danbobsR
06-21-2006, 06:08 PM
Sounds like you must go to the same Honda dealer I do once I took a spindle in to try to get a new castle nut they asked me if it was for the front or rear? I Try my best to just stay away from there I can actually get better prices from my yamaha dealer than at honda WTF.

250r4life
06-21-2006, 09:43 PM
it could be worse... ive got a buddy who has an 05 raptor and had the dealership service it... i dont remember what was wrong but our next dune trip he had oil spewing out of his engine... my buddy and i told him no more dealership trips, to bring it over to us from now on... we've found several things theye messed up since... last weekend while adjusting the valves just simple things like forgetting to put o-rings on the valve covers... lots of retards at dealerships..

Eddiesanders250
06-21-2006, 10:16 PM

LMAO :p

TheFontMaster
06-21-2006, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by 250r4life
it could be worse... ive got a buddy who has an 05 raptor and had the dealership service it... i dont remember what was wrong but our next dune trip he had oil spewing out of his engine... my buddy and i told him no more dealership trips, to bring it over to us from now on... we've found several things theye messed up since... last weekend while adjusting the valves just simple things like forgetting to put o-rings on the valve covers... lots of retards at dealerships..

That is why I won't let anyone else work on my quad. I know how to do everything but the motor work, and when time comes for another top end, I'm ether going to buy the right tools and do it myself, or there are a few people on this site that I would trust to send my motor to.

250r4life
06-22-2006, 12:08 AM
yah im the same way... they are very few people that i would trust to work on my bike...

BLACKeR
06-22-2006, 05:33 AM
ive been blessed with good dealers where i am. the local honda shop has an excellent parts department, and there's a dealer that's right across from where i ride and hes always trying to stay on good terms with my family. everyone rides on our property, so he always gives me discounts. if its a little part i usually get it for free. i dont test my luck by letting them do any work on my quads though. i have heard that the honda shop does terrible work. my buddy had some work done on his CR and when he got it back the sleeve wasnt flush with the top on the cylinder the shop told him it was supposed to be like that:rolleyes:

Scott-300ex
06-24-2006, 10:47 AM
Yeh, same here, I'm the only one that touches or works on my bike.

Tom TRX250R
06-24-2006, 12:51 PM

LMAO!!:p Most guys at the dealer do not know crap. I have dealt with some idiots in the past locally. It's good to be able to work on EVERYTHING on the quad so basically only have to rely on buying the parts like OEM from Servica Honda.