PDA

View Full Version : Helmet Care

ShiftFMX
06-21-2006, 11:38 AM
We all know our lids can get pretty Sweaty and nasty on the inside. Tell about how you clean yours! I have a One Industries trooper thats in need of a washing so I need some tips!

knighttime
06-21-2006, 12:00 PM
i just start taking it apart. you can then hose it out and put the insides in the washing machine if you want.

just be careful when you are pulling it out:huh

Sjorge450R
06-21-2006, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by knighttime
i just start taking it apart. you can then hose it out and put the insides in the washing machine if you want.

just be careful when you are pulling it out:huh

good topic, I am sitting here right now cleaning mine. I use windex on the outside. I use the pressure washer to knock the mud off the top and then take the insides out and put them in the washer with the rest of my uniform. They come out smelling nice and good every time.

parkers30
06-21-2006, 03:30 PM
But what if you do not have a removeable liner?

I clean the outside regularly, but the inside does not get treated so well :ermm:

Sjorge450R
06-21-2006, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by parkers30
But what if you do not have a removeable liner?

I clean the outside regularly, but the inside does not get treated so well :ermm:

use a regular hose and just squirt it out. Maybe even dump a little simple green in to get rid of the smell.

ShiftFMX
06-22-2006, 12:37 PM
Bump, good info guys!

Do you guys put your lining in the dryer too??

mx428
06-22-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by ShiftFMX
Bump, good info guys!

Do you guys put your lining in the dryer too?? I was lucky enough to get 2 One Trooper's, so I only have to do this between practice and 1st moto or 1st and 2nd moto. I wash the helmet with the powerwasher then use the air compressor to dry the lining (and the inside of my boots) It's also nice to try your back off and stuff. Also, whoever puts all those chemicals on thier helmet must not like it! Warm soapy water to wash the shell, just water for the lining. Also hand wash your liner in war soapy water if yoy have time to take it out, never put it in the washing machine! It destory's it.

trx400exxracer
06-22-2006, 01:10 PM
i dont take the lining out i just use regular hose and wash the outside and spray the inside and let it drip dry in the sun

Sjorge450R
06-22-2006, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by mx428
I was lucky enough to get 2 One Trooper's, so I only have to do this between practice and 1st moto or 1st and 2nd moto. I wash the helmet with the powerwasher then use the air compressor to dry the lining (and the inside of my boots) It's also nice to try your back off and stuff. Also, whoever puts all those chemicals on thier helmet must not like it! Warm soapy water to wash the shell, just water for the lining. Also hand wash your liner in war soapy water if yoy have time to take it out, never put it in the washing machine! It destory's it.

I have no problems with putting the pads in the washer. Also, windex doesnt hurt the shell.