PDA

View Full Version : dual yoshis on a raptor

killen them all
06-21-2006, 10:14 AM
rigt now i have a single yoshi on my raptor and just bought a used yoshimura ti rs3 the same thats on my bike. i am thinking on bring my bike to a exhaust shop and have them bend me a new header and a mid pipe for the left side. i have about $200 bucks to do this

06-21-2006, 11:12 AM
NO you will be messing with so many different settings. Youll be more likely to blow your engine becasue of incorrect jetting and fuel/air mixture
I think there will be to much air flow:scary:

killen them all
06-21-2006, 11:22 AM
really how do the lte and the barkers work then

400exrules
06-21-2006, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by killen them all

because they were designed and tested by proffessionals to work.......

Nick110
06-21-2006, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by killen them all

Those dont make nearly the power that the single exhaust do. Trust us on this one. You are better off with just keeping one yoshie on there.

06-21-2006, 01:58 PM
try it and tell us how it works, and then do a step by step on "how to put a top end in" thread.

believe me itll get ur rep up:cool:

CannondaleRider
06-21-2006, 02:50 PM
Yeah, go ahead and do it....not like our opinions matter, you'll attempt it anyways:rolleyes:

coryatver
06-21-2006, 02:58 PM
My opinion is dual exhuast is for 2 cylinders. It is stupid to put them on a single cylinder quad! Waste of money, more stuff that can break, messes up the exhuast flow, it is just plain unnessesary and I think anyone that has duals on a single cylinder just is doing it becuase of looks. I see them most on Yamaha Raptors. I guess it fits there owners ego.

ZBlaster
06-21-2006, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Nick110
Those dont make nearly the power that the single exhaust do. Trust us on this one. You are better off with just keeping one yoshie on there.

are you kidding me? Barkers put down tons more power on a built raptor motor then a single pipe will... hell look at all the drag guys that run them...

derekhonda
06-21-2006, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
Yeah, go ahead and do it....not like our opinions matter, you'll attempt it anyways:rolleyes:

No, more like he will pretend he is doing is for about 6 months, then threaten our lives with his "what now" bat, then disappear for 2 weeks, then comeback and make 1100 new screen names.

Ah, its called "the internet cycle"

450robot
06-21-2006, 06:00 PM
dont forget, on duals, they have smaller individual cores unlike a single

so while your single core on the raptor might be 2.5 inches

the lte's individual cores as a dual system might be only 1.25 inches each, which is like the 2.5 single core, just split in too, so you will get the same airflow, just shared between 2 cores

now, if you used two 2.5 cores, it might allow to much flow, making your quad run incredibly lean, out of a jetting fix range