PDA

View Full Version : REV BOX for the chinese 4 stroke honda copies

AFROracing
06-21-2006, 12:58 AM
anyone know where to find a unlimited or even just a higher performance REV BOX for the 90cc honda copies? I can find them for 2strokes all day long...

I have a Kazuma 90cc with Big Gun exhaust, K&N filter and jets.. I need a REV Box now...

thanks,
Chad

AFROracing
06-21-2006, 10:10 AM
ok upon further investigating I found this http://dratv.com/elup.html there are 2 CDI's listed there, both have unlimited REV's and the second has advanced curve... I am gonna order up the one with the advanced curve..

I'll let ya know how it works!

later,
Chad
AFROracing.com (http://www.afroracing.com)

4manS
06-22-2006, 09:39 AM
Keep us posted on what you find out for these quads.I have a 110 I'm thinking of putting a pipe on and doing some gearing changes.What mods made the most difference?How much difference did the pipe make as far as sound?Much louder?

Thanks
Brian

AFROracing
06-22-2006, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by 4manS
Keep us posted on what you find out for these quads.I have a 110 I'm thinking of putting a pipe on and doing some gearing changes.What mods made the most difference?How much difference did the pipe make as far as sound?Much louder?

Thanks
Brian

So far the pipe and filter together really opened up this mini 4 stroker, I also went with one tooth bigger on the front sprocket and thinking of 1 more tooth...

The pipe gave it that deep throating buraap buraap!! But still comes in under most decibals limits iI bet...

tcr0148
06-26-2006, 11:06 AM
I just installed the new 110 lifan 4 speed, electric start motor with a 14 tooth front sprocket.....big difference. I have a pro-circut pipe from a xr 50 on it now( does fit very well between the fender but a trip to the local muffler shop iand it'll be fine) but i still need to either re-jet or up-grade the carb because the stock 19 is junk. I think you have 16mm carb and a very restrictive intake. I was thinking of either running a 22mm carb with a g2 cam or the new kitaco 24mm. I'll take some picks tonight and repost tomorrow. Bye the way, if you up grade to the 14 tooth sprocket you'll need to buy a new chain and cut it to size because the 428 stock chain is too short

AFROracing
06-26-2006, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by tcr0148
I just installed the new 110 lifan 4 speed, electric start motor with a 14 tooth front sprocket.....big difference. I have a pro-circut pipe from a xr 50 on it now( does fit very well between the fender but a trip to the local muffler shop iand it'll be fine) but i still need to either re-jet or up-grade the carb because the stock 19 is junk. I think you have 16mm carb and a very restrictive intake. I was thinking of either running a 22mm carb with a g2 cam or the new kitaco 24mm. I'll take some picks tonight and repost tomorrow. Bye the way, if you up grade to the 14 tooth sprocket you'll need to buy a new chain and cut it to size because the 428 stock chain is too short

The intake being restrictive you mean mine on the kazuma? It does look tiny, I was wondering about bigger intake for it..
you are correct as far as the chain and sprocket... I have them listed on my parts website...

I have also been thinking of a motor swao, but the motor I was thinking of is a BRAND X 125 (http://www.spankyscycles.com/parts.html) .. Comes complete with all electronics carb and a pipe.. It's not electric start kicker only..

I have check into the Lifan, how much did that run you? What is the HP rating?

The Brand X I heard is listed at 8hp, but a guy I know saw a dyno reading of 12hp..

tcr0148
06-27-2006, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by AFROracing
The intake being restrictive you mean mine on the kazuma? It does look tiny, I was wondering about bigger intake for it..
you are correct as far as the chain and sprocket... I have them listed on my parts website...

I have also been thinking of a motor swao, but the motor I was thinking of is a BRAND X 125 (http://www.spankyscycles.com/parts.html) .. Comes complete with all electronics carb and a pipe.. It's not electric start kicker only..

I have check into the Lifan, how much did that run you? What is the HP rating?

The Brand X I heard is listed at 8hp, but a guy I know saw a dyno reading of 12hp..

I didn't have time last night to take the new pics but as soon as work lets up a little, I'll jump on it! If you decide to run a kick start motor; it will probably have a manual tranny. With that in mind youre going to have to push start it using the clutch due to the lack of space between the rear fender and the heel gard (there isn't enough room to use the kick start...you'll have to cut the rear fender just about off). There is an alternative; you can install the pull start system from a trx 90. I have some info on the procedure. I am not trying to disway you from a kick start motor, I just want you to realize it's not a day job. It took me the entire weekend to get the 110 lifan wedged into the mini falcon and up and running. I had issues with clearance with the shifter (automatic shifter 4spd tranny, no clutch required), the intake (was too tall to clear the gas tank), the pro circuit exhuast (from an xr 50 which still needs to be modified), and the foot pegs.

After numerous emails and personal phone calls to Vince at www.tboltusa.com, I dicided on the lifan because there as so many after market parts for these motors and they are readily avalible,the parts are pretty cost efficient, and you can't beat the customer service. There is also a GPX 124cc motor that is really dominating the pit bike world; it comes in the new pister x2r. Guys have actually bored and stroked these motors to an impressive 153cc!!!!!!!!!! And making somewhere between 17-18 hp. I kid you not, they're dyno sheets and a video to prove this..........listed below are a couple of sites that you may interested in the further your knowledge with these engines.

this is the trx 90 pull start:

http://tboltusa.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=64&products_id=235

this is the the dyno:

http://www.planetminis.com/chinese-import-minis/29532-dyno-153cc-gpx-monster-motor.htm

these are the GPX motors Hp rated at rear wheel not flywheel

https://s.p6.hostingprod.com/@www.staggsminis.com/ssl/store/index.php?manufacturers_id=11&osCsid=36abba9aa07111da7bcc878745bd5bf1

If you have any questions you can reach me at :

337.266.8359 office
tony.raphael@halliburton.com

good luck!

Livin4Real
06-27-2006, 11:54 PM
seems like by the time you invest the time and money into an engine swap you could have just gone ahead and got a kasea, eton, polaris, etc.

AFROracing
06-28-2006, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Livin4Real
seems like by the time you invest the time and money into an engine swap you could have just gone ahead and got a kasea, eton, polaris, etc.

I would be doing the same swap...

Polaris sucks any how....

My boy wants to learn manual clutch... None of those above would ba as easy engine swap... The Kazuma is based on the Honda motor and so are most of these 110cc and 125cc motors making for a easy motor swap the only reason I went with the Kazuma, beside it having disc brakes front and rear and dual a arms up front...

Name one of the other mini's that have the dual Arms and discs front and rear...

Plus the time I spend on this is usually an EGO thing, knowing that I have created this thing from a POS chinese quad, it's priceless time spent on my son!

later,
Chad

Livin4Real
06-28-2006, 04:38 AM
:)

tcr0148
06-28-2006, 07:20 AM
here are those pics

tcr0148
06-28-2006, 07:22 AM
and more:

tcr0148
06-28-2006, 07:23 AM
Having trouble loading more than one on a page

tcr0148
06-28-2006, 07:24 AM
more

tcr0148
06-28-2006, 07:27 AM
last

AFROracing
06-28-2006, 11:08 PM
yep looks like the kicker will be a problem..
I geuss I better look into the electric start also..

What did you use for wheel spacers? The front looks wicked.. Is that why you removed the front part of the floor pan? I was thinking of widening , but the tires would prob. rub the stock floor board....

Have you riden that thing yet, I am gonna build one for me, then build my boys.. Just wondering the torque and hp, gotta be sweet.. Hell just being a shifter quad makes a big leap in performance I bet!

Have you thought about A-ARMS? I got a number of a local guy I need to call, he might be able to make some A-arms, I bet he would jump on the project quicker if I had a few more people wanting some.. Then his time building a jig and all would be worth it, rather than making one set for me...

later,
Chad

oh thanks for the pics...
keep us posted!!

AFROracing
07-05-2006, 02:10 PM
well not sure if the rev box had anything to do with this, but I busted a rocker arm..

I would recommend heavier springs..
DRATV (http://dratv.stores.yahoo.net/engineparts2.html) has all kinds of goodies...

I already order a new set of rockers, but since my boy's last race is Saturday I am not adding the heavy duty springs or anything else. Next week I am order the 110cc auto shift / electric start motor...

Our new track is gonna be alot long on the straights so he definatly need a shifter quad..

here's some pics..

http://media.vidilife.com/image/2005/12/29/198275/861223L.JPG

http://media.vidilife.com/image/2005/12/29/198275/861189L.JPG

look how small the pistons are, drATV also has these and the bigger bore sizes..
http://media.vidilife.com/image/2005/12/29/198275/861254L.JPG

next update the new 110cc shifter..

tcr0148
07-13-2006, 08:30 AM
Just curious to see how things are going with the swap? I know this can be a pain it took me a couple of weeks to get it rolling again. the ole lady was the biggest set back (she claimed it was too much money)

AFROracing
07-13-2006, 09:35 AM
the motor should be arriving tomorrow.
I paid $288 for this auto shift electric start 107cc.. It's gonna be well worth it, just having a shifter.

tcr0148
07-13-2006, 12:31 PM
note: the stock shifter that came with the engine will not clear the left peg due to it's curved shape. I used a torch and welding machine to readjust things a little. I have a straight shifter on order from an xr 50 and also a pair of pegs from a yzf 450 (quad).
I plan on fabricating a mount for the new pegs and welding them to the existing peg mount. I am also planning on re locating the foot brake closer to the case (because my son always rides with his foot resting on the brake) and installing a front hand brake and master cylinder from a cr 85. BTW in 4th gear I clocked my son @ 49mph; mind you, he is only 5yr old........claims the quad is much funner to ride now! All there is left to up-grade are the shocks, bars, and carb! Good luck

AFROracing
07-13-2006, 08:51 PM
sweet...
the front brake was 1 of our 1st mods.. I used KX80 lever and master, but I am sure anything off of a smaller dirt bike would work...

Thanks for the heads up on the shifter..
Got welder and torch on hand.. :D

My son is 5 also, he weighs in a about 65# or so...

What exhaust you running? I have the Big Gun already on it and plan on using it on the new motor...
Have you tried the sprockets from the old motor to the new? I am wondering if they are the same spline pattern....

Motor still not here, just check tracking should be here tomorrow..

Also I am thinking of using 5"or6" alum. solid round stock and slicing it in various thickness for spacers 1 1/2" to 3" then drilling the bolt pattern and the center out.... I don't like the idea of stud extenders, he's running motocross and jumping would be too much...
later,
Chad

tcr0148
07-14-2006, 07:38 AM
I picked up a pro-circuit t-4 exhaust from an xr50 because the factory exhaust didn't fit due to the relocation of the starter! I need to up grade the carb to a 22mm or 24mm and get a G1 cam to wake this baby up a little!

The old front sprocket is a 12 tooth and the one on the new motor is a 14 tooth. Therefore, I used the 14 to give it more top end. First gear is still extremely low with this setup. I was thinking of running a 16 tooth front and a 35 or 31 rear sprocket. If my calculations are right this should make first gear a little longer and push the top speed up to about 55mph.

The stock rims and spindles are pretty cheap, if your sons going to be taking part in serious jumps; look to upgrade. I understand that you're concerned about the stud spacers but realize that they rob you of a little hp due to more rotating mass.

tcr0148
07-14-2006, 07:53 AM
FYI if you went with the lifan 110, you are going to have two wire harnesses coming off the case.....if you have some wiring questions, giving me a call over the weekend!
337.296.0614 or 337.501.7199

AFROracing
07-15-2006, 01:41 AM
got the motor in Friday, installed it Friday night, a few things only wrong...

I am gonna use the Kazuma carb, the cable wont work with the new carb...

The wires are no biggie just gotta cut the plug off the end of the motor side then add connector...

And the pipe doesn't fit in the head very well, I think I just need a brass gasket there...

The biggest problem THE SHIFTER.. Oh it would have fit no problem, all I would have to do is leave the front floor board off... The shifter was machined backwards... A big screwup from whomever machined it...

other than those things the motor fits no problem, I don't think its a LIFAN, but rather a clone. I don't see LIFAN stamped anywhere...

So tomorrow I gotta pick up wire connector and a exhaust gasket.. Then hopefully I can find a shifter that will work...

here's some pics..

you can see it seat fine on the shaft but the shifter is inside out:

http://media.vidilife.com/image/2005/12/29/198275/882188L.JPG

this is with the shifter installed in the correct location, but you can see that it won't seat all the way end, this would cause to much strain on the shifter shaft!
http://media.vidilife.com/image/2005/12/29/198275/882192L.JPG

more to come...

tcr0148
07-19-2006, 01:30 PM
looking good!!!! I was just wondering what size jets (pilot/main) did you go with. I have a 19mm Walbro carb without any numbers stamped on the jet. I was going to try and replace it with a 100 to start out with and a 15 on the pilot. the reason be hind this is that the bike is popping under hard deceleration. I also moved the foot pegs back 2"; will post picks tomorrow if I get a chance.

spliffy
07-19-2006, 08:24 PM
We have those 125cc Lifan motors also, here is a post for them, I still have 8 left.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=219219&highlight=125cc

AFROracing
07-19-2006, 11:11 PM
looking good!!!! I was just wondering what size jets (pilot/main) did you go with. I have a 19mm Walbro carb without any numbers stamped on the jet. I was going to try and replace it with a 100 to start out with and a 15 on the pilot. the reason be hind this is that the bike is popping under hard deceleration. I also moved the foot pegs back 2"; will post picks tomorrow if I get a chance.
I used the kazuma carb and kept my same jetting I am around 98 I think, I do need to do another plug check..

I would use the carb that came withthe motor but I gotta figure something out for the cap, it's alittle different than the kazuma setup and didn't wanna take the time to rig-it... The new carb came with a 74 main.. that's way to small anyway!

later,
Chad

AFROracing
07-19-2006, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by spliffy
We have those 125cc Lifan motors also, here is a post for them, I still have 8 left.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=219219&highlight=125cc
I was looking at the 125's but I need electric start, there is no clearance for the kicker on these quads...
I got the 107cc...

spliffy
07-20-2006, 01:36 PM
We also have 107cc electric start 3 speed semi autos with reverse , $399 shipped. I can get some 4 speeds with out reverse also, I am almost positive.

tcr0148
07-20-2006, 03:08 PM
hey spliffy,

who is the Distributor / manufacture of the engines you are carrying? I am considering a 131 gpx from staggsracing.com 0r tboltusa.com

spliffy
07-25-2006, 10:16 AM
Jetmoto USA & Kazuma on some.

tcr0148
08-09-2006, 06:25 AM
hey chad,

just wondering how everything was coming together with the new engine?

AFROracing
08-11-2006, 11:18 PM
hey chad,

just wondering how everything was coming together with the new engine?

just great, I had to order an XR50 shifter, but other than that it's awesome.
I just added a 16 tooth front sprocket (1st gear is so low).
Our 1st race is this Sunday, I get some videos and pics of it in action.
I have also added some 2" wheel spacers front and rear. I don't really like 'em up front, but until I can get some A-arms made they'll do.

later,
Chad

orangeEX
10-01-2006, 07:55 PM
How bout those a-arms anyone ever get them built?

AFROracing
10-01-2006, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by orangeEX
How bout those a-arms anyone ever get them built?
check my reply in the other thread...

The boy is still learning the shifter, but has been getting the hole shots against, 1 TRX90, 2-polaris 90's and another 90...
He learned how to slip the shifter this weekend, allowing him to do wheelies taking off. This will help on the starts also..

At the last race he pulled the holeshot and was leading hard the first lap of the1st moto, when he hit a "speed bump" and somehow landed nose first, at which time I think the wheels turned hard and caused him to roll end over end.. Scared him more than anything he walk away with a bruised thigh.. 2nd moto got back and holeshots again lead the race til the last lap at which time it looked as if he just slowed to let a Polaris pass by..(still unsure why) As soon as he gets the shifting down I will prob. move him up to the advance class..

Gotta get the suspension upgraded so he can run the open class on the big MX track..

later,
Chad