PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Install

AR15 guy
06-20-2006, 09:51 PM
Any websites with step by step instructions on how to install a clutch?

I am very mechanically inclined and confident I can do it just needed a general idea on what to do.

I ordered a EBC kit with the fibers, plates, and springs. Installing them next week. Any tips or tricks?

krt400ex
06-21-2006, 07:19 AM
they are very easy to do. just watch how u take it apart so u can remember how it goes back together.

GPracer2500
06-21-2006, 12:22 PM
When you're removing/installing the clutch spring bolts, remember to loosen/tighten them each a little at a time in a criss-cross pattern. The idea is to keep even pressure on each spring.

If you have a pnuematic 3/8 drive ratchet on hand it makes the job even easier than it would be otherwise. Not required, but nice.

cals400ex
06-21-2006, 10:26 PM
remember to soak your new clutch in oil before the install

do not over tighten the bolts that hold the springs in place. and remember to tighten them in a criss-cross patten

to get the side cover off you will have to slightly pull on the lever where the clutch cable mounts. it will unlatch the cover. you kind of need to mess with that lever as well when installing the side cover. turning it will lock it into place as well, on the install.