PDA

View Full Version : Illinois Racing!

10-09-2001, 10:03 PM
Who races in or around Illinois ( any racing ), and where do you race? Looking for more local mx tracks and cool places to ride!

rhino99
10-09-2001, 11:08 PM
Where you from in IL? There are acutally a lot of tracks here that allow quads to ride. Look on the AMA website under district 17 and you will find a list. I mainly ride/race at LincolnTrail Motorsports in Casey IL, but know there are races in Salem, Byron, and many other places.

10-10-2001, 08:24 PM
I'm near Elgin, and have found that site but thanks. I just wish I didn't have to drive as far and had more choices but thats Illinois I guess. I like to primarily ride at Byron but am open. I will most likely be racing at Byron Sunday first race with my new suspension, I plan on winning (not cocky just confident). Where are you from, any parks, or trails you like to ride at. I like going down to Badlands, and ride around locally but I usually end up getting chased by a sherrif or a cop. I am starting to find a lot of government funded snowmobile trails that are open in the winter, they probably will let quads use them, but have hard luck finding OHV trails. Any help will be appreciated.

rhino99
10-10-2001, 09:02 PM
Right now I am in Champaign, IL at school. Its about an hour or so north of Casey, I normally live in Robinson, whch is about 30 minutes south of Casey, so I live pretty close to there, I ride there a lot, or used to, I broke my foot this spring and havent gotten back into riding hardcore yet. My motor is bein rebuilt right now, otherwise I would be racing.

What kinda supension did you get? I have TCS all around, havnet ridden on the rear yet, but had the front since last year, I LOVE them!

10-10-2001, 09:28 PM
I have custom axis all around, with Lonestar full adjustable +2 on the front and a Lonestar Axle. I know it rocks but I am going to have to prove it this weekend! Where do you go to school? I never checked out Lincoln motorsports in person, but am definetly going to. It is a long trip though. I actually still have my motor stock, except a pipe and jet kit, and with the new suspesion, it is underpowered, but at the mx track I will be able to ride with anybody no matter what they do to their motor. Good luck on your rebuild and I will definetly give you a hollar when I ever plan on traveling into southern IL. If you have never been to Badlands in Attica IN, its worth the trip.

rhino99
10-11-2001, 09:37 AM
I am going ot school at the University of Illinois, which doesnt give me much time to ride :D

Lincoln Trail Motorsports is an awesome track, only one problem is that to just go ride you gotta be a member and that costs 50 bucks a year. You can race without being a member, but cant practice. However, the 50 bucks is worth it since they have something like 400 acres of trails and stuff like that, they got an MX track, a TT track, a "euro" grass track, a couple flat tracks, plus the trails which they run hare scrambles on, its a nice place, well run and well kept up.

I have been to Attica once, and wasnt really all that impressed. To be honest, I HATE climbing hills, absolutely am terrified of it. The first time I ever rode my 300ex, my friends had me at this place that I had to climb hills or I was stuck there! So, I did it, but I ended up flipping twice, rolling back dwn once, and it scared the ***** outta me! So, I dont do that, and thats all they wanted to do at Attica. It's a nice place if you like that kinda hting, but give me an MX track anyday :D

trx400ex
10-11-2001, 09:48 AM
rhino that exactly how i am about hills, my friends are crazy about them , but i never make it to the top:D ..i wish there was more mx tracks in indiana....what do you think about those tcs, have you raced on em yet? howd ya do?

10-12-2001, 01:12 AM
Rhino99, thats cool I know a couple people who go there. Usually I can't get too many people to ride with me because they say I'm crazy and going to get somebody hurt, but I never hurt anyone else, myself plenty of times. Even my dad, who is a pretty young guy thinks I'm crazy, it's a combination of craziness and intelligence I hope. But we'll see next year when I run all 13 GNCC races against the true top dawgs, Ballance, Yokley, Smiley,ect I will either be put in my place, or make my own place! I will try to make a trip later this year to check that track out, also has a park too huh, cool! We will definetly have to hook up, and I'll check out your local competition. Have fun in hot chick land, I mean school. Hey you know a hot blonde chick who is a sophmore, name is Sam S. just curious, talk to ya!

rhino99
10-12-2001, 06:33 AM
I raced on my TCS fronts one time, I did ok, It was only my 3rd race on my R, so I ran midpack, I think 6th of 13 someting like that. I have ridden on the track with them lots of time though, and I love them! CANT bottom them out, its impossible. My frame actually hits before the shocks bottom!
They helped out so much its amazing, best investment I have made, thats for sure. Dont know about the rear yet, as I said, havent even ridden with it yet, but I am sure its awesome as well!

As far as blonde sophomores named Same S. dont know her, but if you wanted to introduce me, that would be great :D

HAHA

BrianEX
10-12-2001, 09:00 PM
Just thought I'd let you know there are tracks in Mendota and Joliet that allow quads. Geneva, WI also allows quads.

10-16-2001, 03:15 PM
Where is the place to ride in Joliet? Is it a track or do they have other land for quads to ride.

In Morrison there is a big cross country race on October 27, website is unitedoffroadracing.com. I think I'm going to ride it. Its suppose to be challenging.

rhino99
10-16-2001, 04:34 PM
The final GNCC the "Ironman" is in Crawfordsville, IN this coming weekend. I think its about 30-45 minutes from Indy.

sly400ex
10-17-2001, 06:45 PM
The track In Joliet is about 5 miles off I-55 (arsenal road), it's a nice little setup. I'm thnking about racing next year. Where else do you guys ride? Know of any good places to ride on trails or anything?

sly400ex
10-17-2001, 06:49 PM
BTW.....it IS an MX track in Joliet.

Joliet Motorsports Park Joliet, IL Stadium Motocross (815) 476-RIDE

trx400ex
10-18-2001, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by rhino99
The final GNCC the "Ironman" is in Crawfordsville, IN this coming weekend. I think its about 30-45 minutes from Indy.

from indy to get to the track itself would take about an hour,,,my home town! who all is goin besides me...dont know if ill take my quad yet

Juggalo
10-19-2001, 10:16 PM
yes there is a track in joliet. i know the guy whos parents own it or somethin,he goes to my skool. anyways i will probably be racin in byron next summer. i have already met a few EX riders that race there. one dude had a blue 400 with the sweetest sounding silencer i've ever heard (TC??) and another guy cut his fenders cuz his gf smashed it into a tree and broke em. heh heh. there were a buncha guys from byron out in the trails by my house one day.

Sandragggen
11-09-2001, 06:19 PM
rhino99...I'm originally from Champaign but now live in St. Louis. In my earlier years I raced in Neoga, part of AMA district 17 circuit, on my 1976 YZ125. I don't know if they allow quads but it might be worth looking into. Call the Neoga Chamber of Commerce to get the phone number.

St. Joe state park is a good place to ride. It has over 1800 acres comprised mostly of flat level chat (by product of lead mining). There are alot of challenging trails, you will need skid plates for there are alot of big rocks. St. Joe is near Parkhills, MO about 60 miles south of St. Louis. It is worth the drive.

Jay

11-10-2001, 08:44 PM
rhino, you used to live in robinson?? what is ur name, i live there too......im completely new on here, and its kinda wierd that i would see someone from my hometown on here my first day!!

rhino99
11-13-2001, 07:31 PM
Hey Cody,

Whats your name? I still live in Robinson I guess, just going to school here at the U of I. I am sure we know each other and the people we ride with, its not too big a town ya know. My name's Rusty Reinoehl, whats yours?

11-13-2001, 08:16 PM
Well as my chat name implies, my names Cody Waggoner. I used to be pretty good friends with your sister Kalee.

rhino99
11-14-2001, 08:15 AM
You're Craig's son right? Heck, we live what like a mile apart? Small world!

When did you get your 300ex? I used to ride one, they are great machines, never break down. I have a 250r now, and its a pain, but its fast! Do you race your's or just ride it?

11-14-2001, 12:05 PM
No im Craig's cousin, Gerald waggoner was my dad.

I just got my 300ex a couple weeks ago, bought it with all the mods except the K&N filter which i just put on this weekend, so i havent had a chance to test it out yet. I just gonna ride it for a while, and probably when i turn 16 i'll start racing up at Casey.

rhino99
11-14-2001, 08:56 PM
Oh, ok, I was thinkin you were Craig's son for some reason, but I know who you are now.

Casey is a good track, and your 300 will do you well on there if you learn to ride it. I have an MX track at my house if you ever wanna go riding, let me know, that is, when I get my motor back.