PDA

View Full Version : Raptor Fly's!

JabberJaw
07-29-2001, 07:04 PM
I was riding at Jones Creek in Washington with a friend that just bought a brand new Raptor. We had been riding throughout the day, stopping along the steep cliffs to enjoy the view.

We had made our way down the mountain about half way when we came upon a gravel road crossing the path. We both got off our bikes, and walked over to the edge of a steep cliff to peer over.

Suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a blue streak. My friend was yelling, NO!!!!! and the next thing I know, I see his Raptor cartwheeling down the cliff. It must have flown 20 feet in the air, flipped 8 or 9 times and finally came to rest upsidedown on a thick bunch of trees. Boy was he mad at me for laughing so hard!

We finally got it back out of there with a big 4x4 quad and a winch. Guess he will remember to leave his bike in gear next time he leaves it unattended.

07-30-2001, 07:43 AM
how bad was it hurt?

07-30-2001, 07:48 PM
yeah how much damage did it do :confused: just be lucky u wasn't standing in front of the raptor. maybe u would have took a quick flying lession too :D

JabberJaw
07-31-2001, 01:02 PM
I hate to say it, but the bike didn't even suffer a scratch. Probably because it was so steep then landing in a soft bunch of tree branches. I didn't get a chance to look the bike over carefully so there may have been damage that was not visible.

08-09-2001, 09:51 PM
CAN I GET A FAKE, FAKE???

JabberJaw
08-10-2001, 12:49 PM
If my name was Sleeping Catfish, I could accept that :-) It doesnt matter if you believe me or not.

"BLAHH"300!!
08-11-2001, 11:19 PM
i had a similar experience-

- i ride 300ex freinds have- 400ex- a 220 bayou and a honda 200 all 2wd
- we rode for a while to a or creek- parked to get a beer and a smoke- at this cliff over looking the water- had those fold up cloth chairs you get in baggs-- anyway- broke em' out just chillin-
the 220 was backed up against a tree's roots- touching the tree
--you know how a tree has a little slop to it at the bottom- well
while laughing and talking we hear the pops of twiggs turn and look here comes the 220 right past us going a nice rate of speed-so funny man- he tries to stop it by holding on to the rear rack
and still holding his beer- and slidding his feet- no good- so he jumps on it right as it reaches the drop off- you hear- !!!whooaa- sh!!!!ttt!!!- ---------sorry don't ban me for that-----
------------!!!!!!!!! splash !!!!!!!!
help help- we couldn't see him only hear him- fell from about 10 foot into about 8' to 10' of water- he's diving down all serious trying to pull it to the top- haha- we're all- man it's not comming out he's mad- and laughing all at the same time--
he hops on one of our's and we come back to my house and get my - y-big bear400 wench superswampers- go back - dive down hook it up back it around a tree and hook the 200 up to the bear- sucked him right out- -----go-bear--- but then he's got all this water in his system- hook a rope to him and get sme good speed up- the other 200 and 400ex behind him and he pops it in gear- they said water shot about 5' behind him wen he hit it in gear- haha- towed it all the way home drained the oil new gas fired right- up- with a little coaxing of course-
went back riding the same day- definetly one for the books

Nate's96 300ex
08-21-2001, 09:43 PM
HOLY SH** i thpught i would never stop laughin whooaa **** LOL

08-23-2001, 08:40 AM
A friend of mine had his new Rancher at our swimming hole one day. Where you drive in at the creek is maybe a foot wide for abut 30 yards but at each end is a deep hole. When driving in you must go right by the other hole. He was getting ready to leave one day and backed up the ledge of the other hole. He stoped for a minute to talk and forgot it was in reverse. Backed right into the hole (with his wife riding too). The hole on that side is stright down about 15 feet. Had to wench it out. Very Funny (his wife did not think it was very funny).

08-30-2001, 06:25 AM
If he needs Raptor Parts let me know. I have a sub frame and Rear Fender in Mint condition. Its Blue.

prattcobra@aol.com