PDA

View Full Version : ltz 434 13.75 hammer head fcr jetting

z26beretta
06-20-2006, 07:12 PM
Ok I got a strange carb problem. Now that it’s running great. I need some info here

Jetting is taking longer than I wanted so far here we go this is a list of mods
This is a ltz o4 quad

fcr 39mm 06 carb off of a yfz 450 quad 48 pilot 175 main the needle was not adjustable but I had an 04 needle out the wife’s quad an its on the 2nd clip from the top.
Hot cams stage two with new style exhaust cam with auto decompression
Hammer head piston 14-1 434 big bore but I used two drz gaskets fear of the 14-1
Pulse charger exhaust
Ngk cr7e spark plug
Big gun rev box
400 ex air boot
Alba KN filter adapter
Drz valve springs

I installed the 175 MAIN and it’s starting to turn white with a hint of tan my question is does race fuel make it hard to get a plug reading?? Its 110 torco leaded Iam also at sea level hear in Maryland.

After a good weekend of riding this thing runs great pulls through the entire range no popping, no skipping, just pulls from mid to top.

Here is my problem, when going down a hill in second , decelerating using the engine as a break, I’m coming into the turn (in 2nd) with the clutch pulled in , giving it gas and the damn thing dies.

It also dies if you just stab the throttle with the motor unloaded. If you get the revs up and slowly go into the throttle, it picks right up and takes off. It does idle but if your revving it up and you let go of the throttle real fast it also dies.

Also, after landing off a jump, you go to goose it and it hesitates to rev back up.

Anyone with experience on this fcr can help a new guy out, I just need to know some other peoples info on this.

The choke don’t work either. It wont start on choke nor run on choke.
After started pull the choke and it dies.

I start it by wicking the throttle, also to get it to start after hot I have to hold the throttle just a little bit open, for it to start.

yellowzo3
06-20-2006, 07:19 PM
i think i saw videos of this Z on z400central! SICK QUAD this thing is an animal from what ive seen. everyone is wondering what happened to you over there haha. sorry i dont have any help for ya but i have to give you props on a nice motor you've got there.

z26beretta
06-20-2006, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
i think i saw videos of this Z on z400central! SICK QUAD this thing is an animal from what ive seen. everyone is wondering what happened to you over there haha. sorry i dont have any help for ya but i have to give you props on a nice motor you've got there.

thanks man theirs some homo over their power tripping hard.
every ones leaving that place!!!

i got the inside scoop about what happend.
heckl he will get his in the end :eek2: hes running that place into the ground.

yellowzo3
06-20-2006, 07:43 PM
hahah...i barely go there anymore. just to check out the for sale section. i go to yfzcentral more and i dont even have a yfz. or i come here most of the time. but everyone likes your Z over there and wants to know the details of the engine haha.

quadwanter
06-25-2006, 02:30 PM
beretta pm me what happened lol i wanna know the real deal :p