PDA

View Full Version : mississippi dunes

bayou boy
06-20-2006, 05:52 PM
myself and a couple of my so called friends are thinking about heading out there sunday july 2. should be a good turnout there being it is 4th of july weekend. any takers?? I will leave houma about 9 am that should put me there around 11:30 ish. anyone wanting to go that dont know the way can meet me in new orleans or slidell and follow us. come on guys everybody has been talking about it.....lets do it:devil:

CHEVYZ
06-20-2006, 06:29 PM
That would be the weekend after this one, correct? Yeah, not 100% quite sure yet, but you could count me in. I just built a custom front lowering kit for my 400EX. The front end isn't all jacked up anymore, and the way it is set should be perfect for drags (Maybe I can actually get some power to the ground). Should be beefy and hold up well... not much jumping on it though, do not want to take any chances of damaging my bike. 450r carb on its way... think you may be able to give me a few tips on installation? I was going with FCR, but I don't have the time or the cash to wait around. 14t sprocket is being ordered tonight as well. I have the paddles, and should be ready to roll out by next week. Front rims are a little bent, but other than that I am good. I will finish ordering everything and be set. I can meet up with yo guys where ever you want.. or I can meet up with you out there. I should be bringing two of my so called friends with me as well (YFZ and 450r)... and possibly Ryan with the KTM is he doesn't have a race. Get back with me... I am SO ready for another trip!:devil:

bayou boy
06-20-2006, 07:21 PM
cool...that would be next sunday..i just ordered another set of haulers for me and a set for ashley's blaster....i wanna see her whoop some *** on the blaster....lol. tommy just comitted to next sunday also we gotta change his head gasket this saturday though....i need to start charging for that crap I would get rich. did you order a 450 throttle cable and fuel line also? u gonna need one. it is ez you have to wallow out the intake boot and the tube from the airbox a lil bit....take that slow though do not remove too much at a time. some people buy a spacer thingy for the airboot because the 450 carb is about 1" shorter than the 400 carb. when i did tommy's i made a bracket that moved the airbox forward 1" other from that i had to cut a lil off the choke lever. used the stock pilot the needle stayed the same but he is running a 170 main. if u need a quick fix u can use my old 400 carb. if u need help with it or need my old carb take a ride out this way i will hook u up or you can swap it here...what the heck everybody else does. should be a good weekend out there hopefully. know any one looking 4 paddles I have a set of kings turbo 8 paddle for a 4-110 bolt pattern used 4 times i will let go of they are in great shape.

CHEVYZ
06-20-2006, 07:30 PM
Awesome! I have 2 extra 450r throttle cables, so I am set on that. I think I have fuel line. I have a bunch of different sizes lying around, so....

From what you described the process sounds simple... I should have no problems. Thanks for offering to help me out, too... you're a huge help! Cannot wait to make the trip out there with you guys! I plan on trying to woop some *** this week-end. Hopefully the changes I have made to the bike will pay off.... the new geometry especially since those 450r shocks f'ed it all up. When I finish the bike I am either getting these things re-sprung or I am getting works or Elkas.

Anyway, hope to meet you guys out there. This should be fun!

Who else is making it out?

CHEVYZ
06-20-2006, 07:34 PM
Oh yeah, how is Ashley doing with the Blaster? Sounds like ya'll are doing pretty good! I think that you are gonna like the Haulers! Mine are super light! I cannot wait to use them... I think they should rip! My 06 does very well in the sand, so it should pull them very well especially! I was wooping up on the bikes out there last time I went, and that was with those POS's I call paddles LOL.:p

Wow I used alot of exclamations.:eek:

bayou boy
06-20-2006, 07:42 PM
she is doing good with it she loves the new power....she needs shocks though i took it for a lap through the woods almost went over the bars a few times....the suspension on that thing sucks. guess that is next lol. i am still fooling with the jetting on it though...i am almost there. for next weekend i have me and the wife, tommy and jerimiah ( the two that were with us at sicily) and one of my other friends. with the lack of rain the sand is going to be powder.

CHEVYZ
06-20-2006, 07:48 PM
Haha, I here you on that one! It will be cool to go and ride with everyone again. I will see if anyone wants to take your paddles. I know someone that may want to pick them up. You know anyone with a 400EX/ 450r bumper? I need one... this stock 400EX one ain't cutting it LOL. Anyway, good luck with woking on everyones quads LOL. Sounds like a pain in the ***.. at least they owe you favors though!:p

CHEVYZ
06-21-2006, 05:08 PM
How much are you asking for those paddles? If I have the money, I might pick them up as a replacement for those Rooster POS's.

bayou boy
06-21-2006, 06:55 PM
I found the guy's # for the place...it is 601-928-8776. his name is john. i called him earlier he said they will definitly be open. I'm not sure what i want for the paddles and rims...let me see how the new haulers work though. i think mine will be ok but i got her a 7 paddle if she spins too much i may put those on her rims...I guess nobody else here wants to go..:(

06-21-2006, 09:20 PM
If anyone has an extra quad I can use I will go.:D I need a ride too.:D will meet in slidell though:p
I'm a quadless rider:(

CHEVYZ
06-22-2006, 06:11 AM
Don't you have a warrior?

CHEVYZ
06-22-2006, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by bayou boy
I found the guy's # for the place...it is 601-928-8776. his name is john. i called him earlier he said they will definitly be open. I'm not sure what i want for the paddles and rims...let me see how the new haulers work though. i think mine will be ok but i got her a 7 paddle if she spins too much i may put those on her rims...I guess nobody else here wants to go..:( Cool. If you do let them go... let me know, and tell me what kind of rims they are on. :)

Sucks that this thread isn't getting much attention. I may go post it elsewhere, too. Seems like alot of people tend to miss this form.:(

06-22-2006, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by CHEVYZ
Don't you have a warrior?
“cry” “cry” she’s gone:( LOL
Yes I have a warrior but I took it apart to put gaskets on than I seen metal shavens in side the engine

CHEVYZ
06-22-2006, 03:54 PM
Hurry up and fix it LOL.

06-22-2006, 03:58 PM
Hurry up and fix it LOL.
I'm going to just buy another quad next month. Maybe 4x4 quad or a 400 or 450 sport quad :D

CHEVYZ
06-22-2006, 03:59 PM
Well there you go.:D

06-22-2006, 04:01 PM
Well there you go.:D
I’m still not going to make it in time for the trip:( alwell:D
For sale 2003 warrior $300:D

CHEVYZ
06-22-2006, 05:10 PM
Nah, I know. I would rather miss a trip and get a bike later on then rush, or fix the one I have when there are better.:D

bayou boy
06-22-2006, 05:46 PM
i will give ya $300 for it....can pick it up tomorrow

06-22-2006, 05:53 PM
I dont really wont to sell my warrior but I might

CHEVYZ
06-23-2006, 05:24 PM
Well, I got the 450r carb today. I did the proper installation on it, and it didn't take very long at all. I am impressed with it! Wayy better than that Edelbrock for sure... the throttle response doesn't even compare. I put a 185 jet in it, and it started first crank... didn't even need the choke. LOL, I am in love again.:D

CHEVYZ
06-23-2006, 05:24 PM
Oh, LOL... that means I am going to Mississippi!

06-23-2006, 05:56 PM
Well, I got the 450r carb today. I did the proper installation on it, and it didn't take very long at all. I am impressed with it! Wayy better than that Edelbrock for sure... the throttle response doesn't even compare. I put a 185 jet in it, and it started first crank... didn't even need the choke. LOL, I am in love again.:D
Congrats!!!:D
I’m trying to decide to get a 4x4 quad or a sport quad next month

bayou boy
06-24-2006, 12:17 PM
glad to hear it worked although a 185 seems a bit much. see it was not as hard as people make it out to be. glad to hear you are in for next sunday. I may bring my grill depending on how many quads i have on my trailer. some mid afternoon burgers would hit the spot i think. we are going to the spillway tomorrow for a lil while I think i got the carb straight on her blaster but wanna put a lil more time on it before i cut her loose in the sand.

CHEVYZ
06-24-2006, 12:57 PM
I agree on the 185 being a bit large, but it seems to like it. It runs a tad rich, but other than that (And it is actually very close), pretty darn well! I will see about making it to the Spillway tomorrow. I may, but it isn't for sure. I am still waiting on a few other things to get it just the way I want, but it would be nice to see how the changes I have made so far work. I drove it around the block to see how it did. Steering is much greater with the front end lowered... I picked up the back all the way, though, as I am waiting on a 3 inch drop link for the rear and want it as stiff as possible. LOL, I was going around turns 3rd gear with the rear sliding (Yes, no more tippin' !). Sounds good with the grill LOL.. that will be nice. I may bring mine if I have space in the truck, but I don't know. Always nice to have alot of burgers. :D

400eXr1d3rZ
06-24-2006, 02:03 PM
im going to the spillway tommorow some time in between 8 and 11 i have blue hjc helmet, stock 400ex with no graphics, a white bro's e-series slipon. i ride wheelies everywhere if you see me ask me if my name is ryan, Timmy ill know you when i see you.

CHEVYZ
06-24-2006, 02:06 PM
I will probably head out there for a while tomorrow then, I guess (Hell, everyone else is LOL). I will most likely be on a 99 400EX. Cut fenders, 450r shocks, green helmet. Probably be with Bayou Boy if he is there....

400eXr1d3rZ
06-24-2006, 02:09 PM
you all will probably be in the woods right?

when you get out the first trail, you go to this place thats pretty much straight, about 500 ft (i suck at assuming) theres a trail to the right, then if you keep going theres one of the left, i go down there, then theres a field, i play around on that field.

if you see me over there say something.

CHEVYZ
06-24-2006, 04:17 PM
I will be all over the place LOL. Especially if I see a lonely 450, but I probably won't be doing much of any racing. Trying to keep it to a minimum for the week-end LOL.

bayou boy
06-24-2006, 07:30 PM
i will be out there tomorrow about 10 or 11ish. did yall get any of that rain out that way today? I hate to go there and it be a mud hole. i will probably be on the woods side until afternoon. I got tommy's quad straight for next sunday but that turned out to be a lil more fun than expected...he wanted to change his oil...no problem. well when he pulled the plug out the oil tank the collar broke off the tank...luckily i never throw away old parts. i had and old oil tank that the same thing happened to that i had welded the collar back on so that worked out. his quad is one adventure after another. never know what is going to happen. anyway i am ready for next weekend!!!!!

CHEVYZ
06-24-2006, 08:29 PM
Sounds good! Sorry to hear about Tommy's bike, but I am glad that ya'll pulled off a fix. That would have been a bummer.

I am probably not going to the Spillway tomorrow. I would advise you not to come either.. it is exactly as said, a mud hole. It rained today, and on and off for like the last three. I don't think that there has been enough time to soak any of it up. LOL, just a warning. You may want to reconsider.

06-24-2006, 11:11 PM
i will be out there tomorrow about 10 or 11ish. did yall get any of that rain out that way today? I hate to go there and it be a mud hole. i will probably be on the woods side until afternoon. I got tommy's quad straight for next sunday but that turned out to be a lil more fun than expected...he wanted to change his oil...no problem. well when he pulled the plug out the oil tank the collar broke off the tank...luckily i never throw away old parts. i had and old oil tank that the same thing happened to that i had welded the collar back on so that worked out. his quad is one adventure after another. never know what is going to happen. anyway i am ready for next weekend!!!!!
I got rain for about 30-45 minutes

400eXr1d3rZ
06-25-2006, 04:15 PM
i got a 2 minute drizzle

bayou boy
06-25-2006, 05:09 PM
was dry out there today..had a 15 minute shower after lunch wet the dust down for about a 1/2 hr

CHEVYZ
06-27-2006, 08:43 PM
Sorry for the late response... I fried my home computer LOL. Yeah, seeing how the weather sounds I probably should have came. It is all good though. It was my Mom's birthday so I went spend a little bit of time with her.

Just waitng on my bumper and lowering shackle for the trip. I will be going out there with two slightly bent rims.. but it's all good LOL.

bayou boy
06-28-2006, 06:27 PM
look what i found laying on my door step. i am ready for sunday

bayou boy
06-28-2006, 06:30 PM
look at the difference between a regular 20x11x8 8 paddle hauler the kings turbo 20x11x8 8 paddle and the 21x12x8 8 paddle extreme hauler...i should hook good now:D :D

CHEVYZ
06-29-2006, 06:40 PM
Hell yeah! That looks nice... I wish I had the fronts to match... I am ordering a set, but they won't be here for my next trip. I just have the regular 8 paddle Haulers.. they are small, too... but I think they will do just fine. I am ordering a new set later on, too. Won't be for a long time, though.

On the note of the trip... I am SO pissed off! It always happens for a trip. During this week my computer fried, and my truck started to break down. I have no lights what so ever, and the transmission is slipping somewhat. I am trying my *** off to find someone to bring me. If I cannot find someone and can't make it... it ain't gonna be too pretty. I have gotten too excited and worked up for this trip to be let down. :mad: Break out the hammer!

bayou boy
06-29-2006, 06:55 PM
i got room on the trailer for one more quad and i can put one in the back of my truck;)

400eXr1d3rZ
06-30-2006, 09:07 AM
DAMNIT! I wish i could go, i finnally started talking with my dad, we might be going next weekend, but i dont know for sure, do they have trails there? if so, what tire should i get, if im going to riding in the sand and trails? zippers?

CHEVYZ
06-30-2006, 06:20 PM
i got room on the trailer for one more quad and i can put one in the back of my truck;) LOL, if you can take us, it is pretty much definate. The only thing that could stop me is a way to get there... hell, I am about to the point of driving there on quad LOL.

400eXr1d3rZ, it is pretty much open. There are some sandy side-roads, but nothing much of trails. As for tires, I would recommend Haulers. Probably the best sand tires for drag racing there is.... and for wide open areas, who doesn't like being able to move fast!

400eXr1d3rZ
06-30-2006, 06:24 PM
alright thanks CHEVYS, have a good trip :blah:

bayou boy
07-01-2006, 12:33 AM
u got a pm

bayou boy
07-01-2006, 12:40 AM
ya box is full...give me a call...985-856-0338...not till around noon though...its 2 am we just got in from night fishing so we will be sleeping in...lol

Philly Boy
07-01-2006, 08:50 PM
how do you get to the spillway from baton rough? any one going to mississippi Monday? just got my new raptor running and we are ready to play!!

bayou boy
07-02-2006, 05:05 AM
spillway from baton rouge....take I 10 east toward new orleans. you will see a Houma/Boutte exit for I 310 after you cross a long bridge (that is the spillway) take that exit go a couple of miles at the first exit it says kenner/norco. take that exit when you come off it you want to go right to norco. stay on this road for about 5 or 6 miles you will pass a couple of refineries...when you pass a refinery where the pipes cross over the road you are close. there is a red light right past that refinery pass straight thru the light and get in the left lane....you will come up on a bridge that is the spillway. at the foot of the bridge turn left you will see a road that leads to the parking area....if you cross the bridge you passed it. helmets are a must and go slow in the parking area..other from that enjoy. it is about an hour from baton rouge. next saturday in baton rouge state capitol raceway is re opening. they have a new sand drag pit with the lights and timers and asphalt drags..we will be there next sat.

CHEVYZ
07-04-2006, 10:44 AM
Well, we made it out to Sand Hill and had a blast! It was a very nice trip..... even though it rained for alot of the trip. Bayou Boy, I had a great time riding with you all! Thank you soooo much for letting us use your Turbos... you have no idea how much we appreciate it! It is always a blast with you guys! I feel bad for what happened with Tommy's bike, though. That sucks.... been there! If he wants to get rid of those Haulers (Or if you want to let go of those Turbos LOL), LMK.... I NEED another set of straights!

On the note of Sand Hill, I am going again this Sunday. If anyone wants to make the trip with us, just LMK. My other buddies could not make the last trip with us, but for ths one a few of them are for sure. I HAVE to make the trip out there with them.... we have got to show him what the EXs can do! I think he was afraid that Bayou Boy and myself were gonna be waxing his 450, so he decided not to go LMAO. Should be another fun trip... I love that place!

400eXr1d3rZ
07-04-2006, 12:31 PM
Do most of you guys just go for a day, or spend the weekend?

Also, im looking at the time you guys post, DO YOU EVER WORK???!??!!:blah:

CHEVYZ
07-04-2006, 12:50 PM
It depends. I usually just go for a day when the trip is short... for example, Sand Hill and the Spillway. Otherwise, I take week-end trips. LOL.. I use work computers, but it depends.

bayou boy
07-04-2006, 01:04 PM
lol...i usually work 60 + hrs a week...but i have a 4 day weekend for the 4th. we usually run out there for the day also...lol i have made 1 day rides to the dunes also..when u wanna ride and only have so much time u do what u gotta do. I had a good time also. we may go back this weekend. I will let u know. we can wax his 450 this weekend...lol. i found it funny that guy on the red 450 honda..i beat him twice after that he didnt want no more. the guy with the nitrous on the kfx 700 was funny too. I like the 5th gear pinned runs on the open side also. that is a sweet place. thought there would be alot more people there sunday though. all i can say is extremes are the ticket they definitly hook better than the regular haulers

CHEVYZ
07-04-2006, 01:23 PM
I hope that you can make it! That would be the best! Yeah, those extremes looked like they hooked well. For the initial takeoff I would spin for a second, but then it would catch traction and shoot. I tried first, but there is just so much power on the low-end that it just raises up. I think that Extremes would be perfect, but the regulars aren't bad at all. The Turbos seemed to hook well on our 450. If I can't get the Haulers off of Tommy (And if I don't get some Haulers anyway... I would like either extremes or 9 paddle regulars for extra umph off the line LOL), I may get some Turbos!

Yeah, he ( Guy with the 450) doesn't think much of the EXs... I told him that set-up they rip! I told him that we were hanging with and beating the 450s and other bikes in our class easily. In fact, as far as the stock modified type 450s and such, ours was one of the top dogs. The 440EX had no problem hanging with and beating it (Any 450 in our "Class) in a good launch.... yours is similar. LMAO that KFX was hilarious! It would have been fast if it had paddles... come on, a big bike like that with holeshots! LMAO, he pulled up to us with the drag Banshee and 760 Raptor right there asking who wants some! :p

bayou boy
07-04-2006, 05:08 PM
lol...i gave him some

400eXr1d3rZ
07-04-2006, 06:58 PM
What paddles should i get, i might be out there next week, i like hill climbing, draggin, wheelies, **** like that. sand stars or haulers?

CHEVYZ
07-07-2006, 07:11 PM
I say Haulers. I have ran sand stars on my buddies YFZ and I have Haulers, and I prefer Haulers for that type of riding. I find that turning isn't effected much with straights, carving isn't quite as easy. For dragging and hill climbing, it doesn't get any better. Haulers of Hauler extremes... depending on set-up, is the way to go IMO.

CHEVYZ
07-07-2006, 07:12 PM
lol...i gave him some LOL, I think you gave him some..... and a little on the side! :p

bayou boy
07-07-2006, 07:50 PM
ssshhhhh! my wife don't know....lol. you still going back this sunday?

CHEVYZ
07-07-2006, 07:59 PM
Supposed to be. I am gonna make sure, but so far everything looks good!

CHEVYZ
07-08-2006, 08:01 AM
Yeah, we are making it out there for sure Sunday. Wanna come? Would definately be alot of fun! Who all is gonna be coming with you, or is it just Ashley? LMK if you can bring those tires again, or if Tommy wants to let us buy his (Or use them and get them when/if he wants to let them go). Give me a call when you can!

So.... anyone else interested?

bayou boy
07-08-2006, 11:42 AM
we are going tomorrow. just myself ashley and my daughter. my daughter can drag the recon....lol. what time are yall planning on getting there? I will bring you the turbos to use

CHEVYZ
07-12-2006, 04:39 PM
Hey man, we had a really great time (As always) riding with you guys! I was expecting more bikes out there for the money race, but I guess they all must have went to the race on Saturday. LOL I cannot believe Ashley won $50 bucks at the race! That is very cool.... payed your way into the place and then some. It was great meeting your daughter for the first time as well.... she is very nice! I had forgotten that you had a daughter LOL. Does she live around here, or what?...... I am surprised I haven't seen her riding with ya'll before. Seems like she enjoys it, though... that is really cool!

I have to say thanks again (Soooo much!) for letting me use your Turbos! That is very kind of you.... I certainly appreciate it! I am gonna be ordering me a set of Hauler Extremes pretty soon, though. I definately agree that the Extremes are the way to go. You really seemed to hook up out there. Hey, you won't have to worry about me using your tires (Bumming off of you LOL) anymore, either. ;) :p

Sand Hill is definately a great place to ride. I hope the place gets out a little more. It is cool having such a big place (Mostly) to yourself to an extent, but it is always great seeing alot of bikes and attention for "Larger" events especially! I wish my buddy with the 450 could have came with us, though. It would have been interesting to see all of these 400EXs smoking a guy who doesn't think much of them. Can you say slap in the face LMAO.:p

bayou boy
07-12-2006, 05:35 PM
we always like to ride there. it is defintly one of the better places near by...every one i have met there is really cool also. I think as it gets cooler more people will go. not many people like to ride in the summer heat. we are talking about a trip to LA Dunes next....i dunno when just something a lil different

400eXr1d3rZ
07-13-2006, 07:11 PM
How about yall go to Red Creek Offroad in Perkinston Mississippi? Its not too far from Wiggins, its a fun place to ride.

bayou boy
07-14-2006, 07:40 PM
i have been to both....for the type of riding i like to do i prefer this place over red creek. red creek is also way too dusty when it doesnt rain. i do like the sand track there though

CHEVYZ
07-15-2006, 12:53 PM
Same. I had a few buddies go on dirtbikes that liked it, but it isn't my kind of style either. Yeah, I was also debating on a next trip. I was thinking either LA Dunes or Catahoula Recreation. Let me know whenever you go. We will probably head out as well LOL.

bayou boy
07-15-2006, 01:30 PM
i am about due for another trip to catahoula but i think i will wait till it cools off a lil bit....too hot to camp. la dunes is a lil closer..not too close but close enuff to hit it in a day and enjoy my a/c at home that nite....they posted the dates for the clash...i think it is oct 13. looks like i may be home for this one:D

Jap042782
07-20-2006, 08:12 AM
anybody going to wiggens this weekend

400eXr1d3rZ
07-20-2006, 02:40 PM
I may be going NEXT weekend, but I dont know for sure. This weekend im going to Scenic Trails in Perkinston, Miss. IF BAYOU_BOY WOULD PM ME BACK:mad: :mad:

:blah:

bayou boy
07-20-2006, 08:19 PM
I'm going chase trout...:D

CHEVYZ
07-23-2006, 06:40 PM
Yeah I want to go back to both of those places, but I will probably wait until you go if that is cool LOL. It is nice out riding with you guys (Bayou Boy)... plus next time out I should have all of my bikes running and doing pretty well. I am thinking about getting some Kings Turbos and stretching them for the time being and picking up some extreme Haulers later on. I may go out to the Spillway next week for some time on dirt IF I can bring a few friends. Gets boring when you are pretty much the only ones who want a run.

Jap042782
07-23-2006, 07:08 PM
keep the post going i would like to meet up with some people to ride with. I only live 15 min from spillway

400eXr1d3rZ
07-23-2006, 07:50 PM
Jap042482, What city do you live in? I live in River Ridge.

Jap042782
07-23-2006, 11:07 PM
metairie, airline park

400eXr1d3rZ
07-24-2006, 12:26 AM
Oh really??? Do you live on Melanie ST. My "stepbrother" lives on there. His name is Jesse Koehl

bayou boy
07-24-2006, 05:01 PM
we may hit the spillway sunday if the rain ever quits....u got the '05 back running? stretch dem haulers...;)

400eXr1d3rZ
07-24-2006, 09:47 PM
Im going to the spillway tommorow, raining or not. Im GETTING DIRTY!!!

Breakin in my new tires :blah:

CHEVYZ
08-01-2006, 10:21 AM
we may hit the spillway sunday if the rain ever quits....u got the '05 back running? stretch dem haulers...;) We went later on Sunday and wow.... what a swamp. It had not rained at home, but it had obviously poured down out there. We rode around the entire place, couldn't find a dry spot and left.

Yeah, we got the 05 back. Very disappointed though. They fixed the problems in the top-end with new parts and left old, burnt up oil in it with big chunks of pieces still all in the engine. Its all good though, we cleaned it all up and it has been running great since. Very smooth. The cam chain guide is done for, though. Not much longer and it is gonna start eating up the engine... they refused to replace a part that was not broken, and after it chews it all up it is going right back (Hopefully for a new engine this time) LMAO. LOL we took it for a test and the 06 still rules as king though LOL.

And yeah, I am getting to stretching the Haulers. I kept on forgetting to get my pressure gauge. I am probably gonna get started today possibly. Those things are soooo thin. Shouldn't take much to stretch them. I am hoping it will kill off some bottom end for loose sand. In the packed it is great, but for normal conditions I spin like crazy all the way.

bayou boy
08-01-2006, 06:12 PM
it is alive....lol where ya been? we were at the spillway sunday from about 10 am till about 2...met up with philly boy sunday out there. he is cool to ride with. the only place i found real muddy in the woods was the pipeline in the back and the trail loop off of it. not real deep though just pulled the front end and hit it.:devil: i had a good ride though. sounds like it is time to make the 05 a drag quad;)

400eXr1d3rZ
08-01-2006, 07:09 PM
Im going to the spillway tommorow. Doubt anyone else is going because its a work day. But I ride with a fireman who has weird hours.

CHEVYZ
08-03-2006, 05:01 PM
it is alive....lol where ya been? we were at the spillway sunday from about 10 am till about 2...met up with philly boy sunday out there. he is cool to ride with. the only place i found real muddy in the woods was the pipeline in the back and the trail loop off of it. not real deep though just pulled the front end and hit it.:devil: i had a good ride though. sounds like it is time to make the 05 a drag quad;) LOL been real busy. We went real late in the evening.... we were playing around the house racing some local bikes and got a urge we could not resist. I guess it had just rained there.... go figure LOL. We will be back this weekend though. And yeah.... drag quad may have crossed my mind. :devil: I was thinking about doing some port and polish work, cam, HC piston and what not, but nothing too serious. I am waiting until I get that new engine though LOL. Yeah, we may.... still not sure yet though. Saw a Raptor 700 in the News on wheels today with some work done. Thinking about going and getting it as a drag bike and selling that RM 250 in exchange. I already have the difference...... plus its already set-up. :devil:

I am running out of shed room.... again LMAO. We used to have a ton of streetbikes, dirtbikes, and fourwheelers in there.:p

bayou boy
08-03-2006, 06:30 PM
i feel your pain on the shed issue. i am fixing to solve that problem though. that raptor 700 is a sweet quad. i got a chance to put some time in on one a couple of weeks ago....way better than the 660. the power is smooth. what u think about another trip to miss. i am leaving again in 3 weeks and wont be back till oct 7 so i plan on getting alot of seat time before i go

Jap042782
08-03-2006, 06:56 PM
hey post the date yall wanna go i'd like to meet people up there

400eXr1d3rZ
08-03-2006, 07:09 PM
I may be going to the spillway on saturday or sunday.

Or I can try to go to Wiggins, dunno. I wont have paddles though :grr:

08-03-2006, 07:57 PM
Where is Wiggins at?

Jap042782
08-04-2006, 09:45 AM
hey 400eXr1d3rZ i have an extra set of v paddels i can bring to use

400eXr1d3rZ
08-04-2006, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Quad_King
Where is Wiggins at?

Wiggins is in Wiggins LOL

Wiggins, Mississippi.

Jap042782, you will let me borrow them? 400ex rims? Would they be better than my razr's in the sand?

I just talked to my dad Im leaving EARLY about 7 - 8 Sunday.

Jap042782
08-04-2006, 04:13 PM
yea i can let u use them
Wiggens right?
the bolt pattern is for a polaris predator 4\100
i think that will fit a 400ex

Jap042782
08-04-2006, 04:32 PM
bolt pattern is 4\110 honda patern

400eXr1d3rZ
08-04-2006, 04:42 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

What is V paddle? Is it like Gecko???

400eXr1d3rZ
08-04-2006, 05:00 PM
Need to know this guys!!!

What day are yall going, my dad said I can either go Tommorow or Sunday. And I want to go when all of you are going, or else it wont be much fun.

Also who ever has been there before, how much does it cost?

I will be in a Silver Toyota Tacoma, red 400ex, kenda fronts, razr rears, white bros exhaust, i probably be wearing a green shirt and black shorts. Hope to see you there, and I have a little oval Twin Air sticker right by the gas vavle.

bayou boy
08-04-2006, 05:13 PM
if i go to mississippi it would be sunday. alot more people go on sunday...saturdays are dead there..guys i just saw they closed area 2 in the spillway again due to the idiots on the 4x4 quads causing major damage. prolly will be a while before it reopens. quad king...wiggins is about 1 1/2 hr. from new orleans going up I 59

400eXr1d3rZ
08-04-2006, 05:34 PM
Thanks bayou boy, sunday it is. See you there if you go.

08-05-2006, 12:31 AM
quad king...wiggins is about 1 1/2 hr. from new orleans going up I 59
Thanks

400eXr1d3rZ
08-05-2006, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

What is V paddle? Is it like Gecko???

Anybody??

08-05-2006, 04:33 PM
Anybody??
It's paddels shape like an V.
I think:D

400eXr1d3rZ
08-05-2006, 04:41 PM
Im angry, it's raining! I hope its not raining in Miss right now, or maybe I do, it wont be too dusty!

Jap042782, do your paddles hold up well in the sand? What would be better my razrs or your paddles?

400eXr1d3rZ
08-05-2006, 05:03 PM
I feel stupid for asking but, what are the directions from New Orleans to Sand Hill again?

I need a quick reply please

Jap042782
08-05-2006, 06:51 PM
my paddels would be better
i'll be there in a blue dodge ram on a silver polaris predator

400eXr1d3rZ
08-05-2006, 07:25 PM
Okay i'll see you there then, I JUST NEED SOME DIRECTIONS! :p

bayou boy
08-05-2006, 07:25 PM
its all sand it could rain all night and it wont matter....just packs it. for directions do a search i posted them in about 3 different threads on here. not to be an ***** i just dont feel like typing all that again. we are not going tomorrow...maybe next weekend

400eXr1d3rZ
08-05-2006, 10:27 PM
It's alright, I tired to search but couldn't find the thread. Thanks anyway, I hope to see you there!

400eXr1d3rZ
08-06-2006, 05:37 AM
The Rabbit is in the Cage.

Im leaving in 25 minutes or so, im only going to be there untill about noon, I hope to get some drag racing in too :p , see you guys there!

It's on like Donkey Kong.

400eXr1d3rZ
08-06-2006, 03:39 PM
Damn that was FUN!!! Thanks Jap042782 for letting me use your paddles!

Im trying to talk my Dad into buying me 8 paddle Haulers. What are good wheels to get with those tires?

bayou boy
08-06-2006, 05:34 PM
douglas .160 is what i have for my haulers the kings turbos i have the itp .190...the turbos are the ones far right. they are cheaper than haulers..i think they were 179.00 tires and rims they are not bad for the price. regular 8 paddle hauler far left and the extreme hauler in the middle

400eXr1d3rZ
08-06-2006, 07:18 PM
so what is better? turbo, reg haulers or extreme?

400eXr1d3rZ
08-07-2006, 06:40 PM
so what is better? turbo, reg haulers or extreme?

bayou boy
08-07-2006, 08:36 PM
the turbos are the cheapest of the 3. u need power to turn the extreme. the regular 8 paddle hauler is a little better than the turbo but not enough to really matter. i stretched my turbos to get a lil more rollout. if you look at the pic the turbos are a lil taller than the regular hauler before i stretched tham the hauler was a lil taller. i think the turbo would suit you fine. they are a lil more durable than the hauler.....just thought i would show you a cheaper option.

400eXr1d3rZ
08-07-2006, 08:59 PM
Any idea where to get them already mounted? I checked rockymountain, no luck there.

CHEVYZ
08-08-2006, 12:44 PM
What's up everyone? Just got a new computer so I am back in action. Sorry to hear I missed a trip. I want to out to some places before Bayou Boy leaves again.... soo....

Yeah, I have been going back and forth over the bikes for a while now. I think that I will just keep what I have for the time being... get some more stuff a little bit later.

For tires, Rockymountain and ebay have really good deals. I got my 8 paddle Haulers for $200 shipped off of the bay. I need more... for the 400EX at least, but for a "Stock" one I would say they would work great, I just spin way too much with the regulars. Second gear launches and it still lights them up LOL. If I adjusted my suspention for the sand it would help alot though... as you can tell, the more you can put in the back to grab the better it will hook.

After trying Bayou Boys Turbos I fell in love.... so I would have to say that for the price and performance they kickass as well. They work very well on our 450! Thinking about selling my Roosters for some Extremes now that I have a computer. I have a ton of **** to sell for extra cash between parts on my bikes, RC cars, the GTO, etc. Need to get the RM back in action as well. Not sure where it will go, but I am craving some dirtbike action right about now. :p

bayou boy
08-08-2006, 05:38 PM
kings turbos.....www.blairps.com the # is 1-800-709-5001

bayou boy
08-08-2006, 05:42 PM
sunday????

CHEVYZ
08-08-2006, 05:43 PM
You wanna go this Sunday?

400eXr1d3rZ
08-08-2006, 05:50 PM
kings turbos.....www.blairps.com the # is 1-800-709-5001

Thanks! Hopefully 160 is for 2 tires+wheels.

bayou boy
08-08-2006, 05:55 PM
yeah i think i wanna go sunday...gotta send lil wifey to get me some gas though...yes ryan that is tires and rims...not shipping though. that is prolly another 20 to 30 on top

400eXr1d3rZ
08-08-2006, 06:03 PM
HELL YEAH! That is CHEAP! I called my dad and hes calling them right now, hopefully I will get them. I really want to have my own paddles, and I want to go back to them damn dunes!

But just to make sure once more,

Is that for a pair of rears?

Eh, im such a dumbass.

bayou boy
08-08-2006, 06:08 PM
yes that is a pair....lol told ya dem dunes was way better than red crick

400eXr1d3rZ
08-08-2006, 06:21 PM
Hell yeah! I wanna go back so bad, Jap042782 was there too, we both had a really good time. he came to look for me when he got there because i told him id be in a silver tacoma, well he found me stuck on a hill, the giant one, the razrs apparently SUCK in the sand. thank god he had extra paddles for me, thanks again Jap042782 :D :D :D :D

CHEVYZ
08-08-2006, 06:31 PM
LOL

CHEVYZ
08-08-2006, 06:39 PM
yeah i think i wanna go sunday...gotta send lil wifey to get me some gas though...yes ryan that is tires and rims...not shipping though. that is prolly another 20 to 30 on top Yeah, I am gonna see. I am gonna beg my buddy to come... if he does it is a definite yes. For 3 weeks I have been begging him. Yeah, this week for sure all right. Need some more gas too beore we go. Last trip I was running pump and it ran like ****. :ermm:

Philly Boy
08-09-2006, 11:28 AM
We are in for Sunday got the rappy is fixed and we lowered it a bit. Good to go. Just need to know how to get there.:D

CHEVYZ
08-09-2006, 11:31 AM
Makes me wanna go even more now LOL. Got pics of the Rappy? My cousin has a 660 that I have been trying to make him sell me for real cheap.. wanna make a drag quad LOL.

CHEVYZ
08-09-2006, 11:35 AM
Here is what Bayou Boy wrote a while back...

the name is sand hill....in slidell get on I 59 pass thru picayune keep going until you see poplarville wiggins exit...it is hwy 26 i dont remember the exit #. when u exit go right....about 15 miles..u will see a sign entering stoned county....yes stoned some jackass put a d after stone....anyway right at that sign there is a country store at a 4 way intersection....go right...that is magnolia rd. about 6 miles it dead ends go left about 2 miles u will pass a nursery (the plant kind). start watching on your right for wire rd. take it about 3/4 mile. you will see a small sign that says sand hill on the left....a gravel rd. it is about 1/2 mile back. a guy in a red chevy truck comes collect...it is 20 per quad. let me know when u want to go. i am going to order her parts maybe tomorrow and split the case on the blaster this weekend to clean it out. hopefully it wont take long. but i will have to wait on her piston so i can get it bored. i just told her we gonna put the zippers on the recon....lol

400eXr1d3rZ
08-09-2006, 12:16 PM
i dont know if i will be going, i wont have the paddles by sunday. razrs are horrilbe in sand

bayou boy
08-09-2006, 05:13 PM
the only change in the directions is they changed the entrance....instead of going right on wire road, keep going srtaight about 1/4 mile past wire road...there is a lil sign in a driveway turn there....(right) you will see a lil dirt road take that. phil...i see you found u some a arms...lol glad to see the rappy back in action if you are unsure with the directions you can follw us. it is pretty ez though. chevy u need the turbos?

400eXr1d3rZ
08-09-2006, 06:43 PM
anyone else got paddles i can use?

Philly Boy
08-09-2006, 07:18 PM
I have a set of ITP's you are welcome to use:D Here is a shot of them

Philly Boy
08-09-2006, 07:22 PM
Thanks it tosted a rim too:eek: Thanks we will hook up and follow you

Philly Boy
08-09-2006, 07:24 PM
We were getting one set why not get two:D

bayou boy
08-09-2006, 07:36 PM
looking good....those rears look a lil narrow though....how do they work? its almost time for a new set of rears. cool on following us....just got to figure what time i am leaving....prolly around 8 am. that would put me in the city around 8:45...you know where the loyola exit is in kenner? it is the first exit after 310 dumps onto I 10 when you take the loyola exit and take a right onto loyola if you look immediatly on the left there is a nice parking lot i could meet you there.....ez to get back on 10 also. let me know....my cell is 985-856-0338 if you or anyone else needs info

400eXr1d3rZ
08-09-2006, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Philly Boy
I have a set of ITP's you are welcome to use:D Here is a shot of them

hell yeah!!! Thanks alot man!

I am going to call my dad tommorow and get exact times im leaving, i guess ill see you guys there! sunday right?

CHEVYZ
08-10-2006, 03:20 PM
Sorry guys... due to some VERY horrible "family" problems that have just occured, we aren't gonna be making it. Thanks so much for the invite, I am sorry I can't come out there with you guys. Hope ya'll have a blast anyway. Maybe next time... I hope. :(

08-10-2006, 05:18 PM
Sorry guys... due to some VERY horrible "family" problems that have just occured, we aren't gonna be making it. Thanks so much for the invite, I am sorry I can't come out there with you guys. Hope ya'll have a blast anyway. Maybe next time... I hope. :(
that sucks... wait a minute I'm not going either:p
i really need to fix my s10...

CHEVYZ
08-10-2006, 05:20 PM
Tell me about it. Hey, **** happens.:ermm:

400eXr1d3rZ
08-10-2006, 06:13 PM
aww i wanted you to smoke me on your 440 :p

good luck with the problems :)

philly boy, thanks, i will be in a silver tacoma (newer style 2003) i have a red 400ex razr rears kenda mxf fronts, a twin air sticker right behind the gasvavle, stock bent handlebars with no red plate thing on it, the thing that the gas cap hose goes into.

see you there!

CHEVYZ
08-10-2006, 06:26 PM
LOL.
Thanks for the support.
I have actually had my paddles stretching just for the trip this weekend. Was working out a plan with some buddies of mine, and then a bunch of stuff went down. Horrible timing.... I was so badly hoping to go. :(

CHEVYZ
08-10-2006, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Philly Boy
We were getting one set why not get two:D Wow! Is that your bike/s? They are very nice looking. The graphics (Especially) really helped to bring it out. I plan on doing all of my bikes up with graphic kit when I get the chance.. the 05 comes first, of course. :)

bayou boy
08-10-2006, 07:01 PM
sorry to hear u cant make it..i should be back home in time for the clash...leaving aug 27....this is what i will be wreaking havoc on over there...my ride to get around the facility...lol i can ride a wheelie on it if i sit on the back rack...it donuts well too

bayou boy
08-10-2006, 07:04 PM
i will be back oct 5th. this is how i get around on the street over there....lol it is one of my brazilian friends extra motorcycle he lets me take it when i am there.....a honda titan 125cc. actually it is fun in the city but sucks on long trips.

bayou boy
08-10-2006, 07:05 PM
oops forgot the pic:ermm:

bayou boy
08-10-2006, 07:32 PM
who else is going sunday? I see ryan is covered on paddles...chevy is not going so i got an extra set someone can use also....honda 4-110...fuller?

400eXr1d3rZ
08-10-2006, 07:53 PM
ahh wish i would have known earlier that chevys wasnt going, i would have jumped on the turbos :blah:

timmy, what kind of work do you do?

bayou boy
08-11-2006, 04:43 PM
pipefitter foreman here...technical advisor there..our company opened a sister company way down south

CHEVYZ
08-11-2006, 06:15 PM
Bayou Boy, check your PMs. Did you pick up any gas yet? Oh... I love the rides LOL. That must be fun. Me and some had some funs running around Kentucky on golf carts. There was a shop where you could rent some... needless to say we got some and hit everything we could to destroy it LOL. Couldn't get it to roll though, it would just spin out and stop.:p Kinda off topic, but thats the closest I could come to recking havoc in another country... do it in another state LOL.

bayou boy
08-11-2006, 07:01 PM
sent u back chevy. ryan if u want to try the turbos u can

400eXr1d3rZ
08-11-2006, 07:03 PM
thanks man! pm sent

CHEVYZ
08-11-2006, 07:19 PM
Thanks. :)

400eXr1d3rZ
08-12-2006, 01:35 PM
chevys, do you think you will make it out next weekend?

I wanna ride with the big bikes :p

CHEVYZ
08-12-2006, 01:49 PM
Actually, I have been talking with Timmy (Bayou Boy) over getting a ride. I think that he is gonna let me ride out there with him (Extremely generous!). It will only be me (400EX), though, instead of the CHEVYZ team as usual though LOL. Finally I should be able to meet some of you guys (If all goes well).

bayou boy
08-12-2006, 02:22 PM
ok i see everybody is here how does 9 am sound in kenner?

CHEVYZ
08-12-2006, 02:37 PM
Good for me!

bayou boy
08-12-2006, 02:38 PM
philly boy....chevy.....ryan u all got pms

Jap042782
08-13-2006, 12:04 AM
hey guys i'm gonna go last minuite meet you there blue dodge ram silver predator

CHEVYZ
08-13-2006, 04:58 AM
Alright, I will be looking for ya!

bayou boy
08-13-2006, 05:33 AM
be there around 10:30...green chevy silverado ext cab..16' tandem open trailer with lil toolboxes mounted on it

race-a-holic
08-13-2006, 05:47 AM
Where are these dunes located at?Do they have a website?

CHEVYZ
08-13-2006, 05:53 AM
They are around Wiggins, MS. No website as of right now that I know of. They are supposed to be having one remade... don't know when that will be.

race-a-holic
08-13-2006, 06:33 AM
Mind telling me a little about the park.
How big is it?Camping?Cost to ride?Important rules?Etc...

I'm a drag racer at heart so is there many big areas to race.Need plenty of stopping room.LOL!

400eXr1d3rZ
08-13-2006, 07:43 AM
They have a huge drag track, i would say about 500 feet??? i dont know how long but its enough to top out on my 400ex.

the owner comes and "smoothes" it out like every 15 minutes. so its pretty smooth.

400eXr1d3rZ
08-13-2006, 07:45 AM
DIRECTIONS:

Here is what Bayou Boy wrote a while back...

the name is sand hill....in slidell get on I 59 pass thru picayune keep going until you see poplarville wiggins exit...it is hwy 26 i dont remember the exit #. when u exit go right....about 15 miles..u will see a sign entering stoned county....yes stoned some jackass put a d after stone....anyway right at that sign there is a country store at a 4 way intersection....go right...that is magnolia rd. about 6 miles it dead ends go left about 2 miles u will pass a nursery (the plant kind). start watching on your right for wire rd. take it about 3/4 mile. you will see a small sign that says sand hill on the left....a gravel rd. it is about 1/2 mile back. a guy in a red chevy truck comes collect...it is 20 per quad. let me know when u want to go. i am going to order her parts maybe tomorrow and split the case on the blaster this weekend to clean it out. hopefully it wont take long. but i will have to wait on her piston so i can get it bored. i just told her we gonna put the zippers on the recon....lol

race-a-holic
08-13-2006, 09:25 AM
Thanks.

400eXr1d3rZ
08-13-2006, 04:10 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=248652

CHEVYZ
08-13-2006, 05:07 PM
The only difference in directions is that instead of heading down Wire Rd., you just go straight a little more up the road and turn through a field.

CHEVYZ
08-13-2006, 05:09 PM
They have a huge drag track, i would say about 500 feet??? i dont know how long but its enough to top out on my 400ex.

the owner comes and "smoothes" it out like every 15 minutes. so its pretty smooth. Yep... pretty large area overall. Camping is fine I am pretty sure, and rules are not exactly "Strictly" enforced. Just get out and have fun! Costs $20 bucks per bike.

CHEVYZ
08-13-2006, 06:32 PM
So, did everybody have a good time? It was nice meeting up with and riding with everyone! I had a blast.... just wish I could have gotten some footage.

400eXr1d3rZ
08-13-2006, 06:45 PM
hell yeah, that was FUN! thanks timmy for letting me use the paddles!

i felt like a retard when i lost to that raptor350 :blah: i was getting alot better start off the line but i had trouble shifting, im gonna get a 14t front sprocket.

CHEVYZ
08-13-2006, 06:55 PM
Set up is everything in the sand. Play around a little bit with different set-ups and eventually you will find that combo. I am working on the same thing right now. Stretching those Haulers made a hell of a difference, or at least I find! I am gonna keep on stretching them, though. I could still use more. I may play around with the gearing as well. I am just winding it out the entire way down the track... maybe with a 14t I could get through the gears a little smoother and harder. For the $15 bucks or so I will be spending overall, it is worth playing with.:scary:

400eXr1d3rZ
08-13-2006, 07:43 PM
CHEVYS, how old are you?

08-13-2006, 07:53 PM
CHEVYS, how old are you?
Yeah I was wondering the same thing:p

400eXr1d3rZ
08-13-2006, 08:10 PM
He looks like 17

08-13-2006, 08:44 PM
He looks like 17
Emm.. maybe... I never saw him:p
How old are you? 400eXr1d3rZ

400eXr1d3rZ
08-13-2006, 09:13 PM
13 :scary:

08-13-2006, 11:30 PM
13 :scary:
And you drive to MS dunes? Or does your parents bring you?
BTW i'm 15

CHEVYZ
08-14-2006, 01:21 PM
Well, technically there are two of us since me and my dad share the same screen name, but I (The only one you saw) am 16. :o

08-14-2006, 01:23 PM
Well, technically there are two of us since me and my dad share the same screen name, but I (The only one you saw) am 16. :o
Cool,
You go to school?

CHEVYZ
08-14-2006, 01:37 PM
Yeah, I go to East St. John High right now. I am pretty serious about going to school. Been a 4.0+ student and valedictorian all of my life.

08-14-2006, 01:42 PM
Yeah, I go to East St. John High right now. I am pretty serious about going to school. Been a 4.0+ student and valedictorian all of my life.
Ah 4.0 who??? Oh I got a 4.0 in my truck...:p HAHA J/K:D
As you can see I'm not that bright:blah: J/K

400eXr1d3rZ
08-14-2006, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Quad_King
And you drive to MS dunes? Or does your parents bring you?
BTW i'm 15

Yeah, i drive there. fill the quad up and go.

lol im joking :devil: my dad brings me

hopefully ill be there next weekend

400eXr1d3rZ
08-14-2006, 05:04 PM
where are yall going ride this weekend?

CHEVYZ
08-14-2006, 05:34 PM
No plans so far.........

bayou boy
08-14-2006, 06:29 PM
i am going to go ride in the gulf....gonna get a lil fishing in

CHEVYZ
08-14-2006, 06:31 PM
LOL, are you sure that you are ready to put that thing in the water? Might get it dirty again. :p

bayou boy
08-14-2006, 07:23 PM
its cool the wife will wash n wax it again:devil:

CHEVYZ
08-14-2006, 07:24 PM
LMAO.

You ever look into the Blaster?

bayou boy
08-14-2006, 07:43 PM
pulled the carb apart today nothing that i could see..will fool with it more later, i need to get brother in laws 4x4 finished and outta here

400eXr1d3rZ
08-14-2006, 07:46 PM
you should start a buisiness timmy

CHEVYZ
08-14-2006, 07:47 PM
Yeah, I hear ya. I am hoping that the engine isn't toasted again. That would suck....

bayou boy
08-14-2006, 07:49 PM
lol i would starve...brother in laws quad has been here about 4 weeks now...i dont think nothing major is wrong with the blaster just need to investigate further...i am gonna sell it and get her a 300ex...after owning both i think the 300 is a better all around quad and more suited toward her

400eXr1d3rZ
08-14-2006, 07:49 PM
if your last name starts with a T or your middle name does, you should call your "future" businiess

TT hehehe

CHEVYZ
08-14-2006, 07:53 PM
you should start a buisiness timmy LOL I thought about opening up a little shop at one time. My family owns a bunch of land.. alot of land right along airline. Wouldn't be too hard to set up and start taking customers. Hell, I can gaurantee that the work we could do would be about a million times better than the particular shop that did my 05... and that is a serious dealer (LOL).

400eXr1d3rZ
08-14-2006, 07:56 PM
Nonononono, if its woods, make a TRACK! lol, with a big long drag track too, and make sure you groom it ALOT

CHEVYZ
08-14-2006, 08:00 PM
We have the land and equipment, it is the lack of money and advertisement it would take to open up something serious that has kept us from that particular idea.

bayou boy
08-14-2006, 08:00 PM
the wifes family has alot of land out in the neck of the woods she is from..they gave me a key we went look at it to see what we wanted to do but never did it....that was in feb..just hard to fit it in lol...too many hobbies i guess

400eXr1d3rZ
08-14-2006, 08:07 PM
We have the land and equipment, it is the lack of money and advertisement it would take to open up something serious that has kept us from that particular idea.

What do you mean, 'lack of money and advertisement"

CHEVYZ
08-15-2006, 04:41 AM
What I mean is that we don't have what is necessary to keep up with a public riding area. We could probably build it privately, but even still, it would be alot to clear out the area for that kind of use....

400eXr1d3rZ
08-18-2006, 07:22 PM
cant let this thread die, who is up for next weekend possibly?

CHEVYZ
08-19-2006, 03:17 PM
Anyone going out to the Spillway tomorrow? We will be out there for a while.

400eXr1d3rZ
08-19-2006, 07:45 PM
I hope to, im trying to convince my mom to take me.

CHEVYZ
08-19-2006, 08:55 PM
Alright. If you go, and if you see me, come holla at me. I think that we should know what each other looks like.

400eXr1d3rZ
08-19-2006, 10:50 PM
yep.

400eXr1d3rZ
08-20-2006, 04:07 PM
CHEVYS i got there at about 1:30 stayed untill 5:00, never saw you :confused:

oh well, i hope to be going this weekend also.

CHEVYZ
08-20-2006, 04:39 PM
We got there early, about 9:30 and stayed until about 12:30. Would have stayed longer, but we were so disappointed with the upkeep in the Spillway. It is horrible what it has become.. I hope it gets fixed soon, because if it isn't I probably won't be riding there much anymore.

bayou boy
08-20-2006, 05:01 PM
the problem with the upkeep there is there are so many riders there but so little help to keep the place up. the trailblazers are responsible for maintenence there but they are regular guys with regular jobs like us so they have limited time to put in. i am not a member of the club but i try to help when they have work days when i can. they were supposed to have one this weekend (sat and sunday) in area 2 but it got cancelled due to problems getting equiptment..bobcats etc. if 1/2 the people that ride there would help out now and then it would be in alot better shape than it is now. check out their site www.sltrailblazers.org they have info posted on workdays and why things are like they are. my name is timmy p on there. they are pretty good guys we have made a few weekends in area 2 in the past to help out. i think they have rescheduled it for this coming weekend....aug 26- 27 if anyone is interested i know they would welcome the help. i will not be there only because i will be jetting out.

Jap042782
08-29-2006, 09:25 AM
we gotta keep this one going anybody going to sand hill this weekend for labor day weekend

400eXr1d3rZ
08-29-2006, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Jap042782
we gotta keep this one going anybody going to sand hill this weekend for labor day weekend

Nahh, my bike will be torn apart. Getting my piston cam and gaskets this week. Well supposed to be getting them.

CHEVYZ
08-29-2006, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Jap042782
we gotta keep this one going anybody going to sand hill this weekend for labor day weekend How in the hell could I have forgottem this thread, LOL. Yeah, we will probably be out there. Talked to the people and they are supposed to be having the last big money race Labor Day Weekend. I am gonna get to ordering my Extremes and sprocket ASAP. I want 9 paddle extremes. With the lower gearing and better paddles, the bikes should really be ripping.

bayou boy
08-29-2006, 01:38 PM
the 9 paddle extremes are alot of paddle. the 8s would prolly be better...they are taller than the hauler and the cups are more aggresive....i can go labor day weekend if somebody can come pick me up....u better leave today though

CHEVYZ
08-29-2006, 02:00 PM
I thought about the 8's, but I dunno yet. After I change the cam and lower the gearing there should be alot of bite on the bottom end to throw them around. I am gonna see what happens.

LMAO about picking you up. How long does it take to make it out there?

bayou boy
08-30-2006, 03:30 AM
you want a lil wheel spin to kill the wheelie factor and get momentum...just not too much. a fine balance between the 2. all hook you not going to be able to launch as hard. would probably take a week to drive here. total flying time is like 13 1/2 hrs. thats y i say u better leave now

CHEVYZ
08-30-2006, 04:30 AM
I am not all too worried about the wheelie factor because I already have everything necessary to slam them if is a problem. But you are right. I don't know how much more hook the Extremes have overall, but I need much more bite. I mean, without knowing how they do up ahead, I really don't have a clue. I spin like crazy with the regulars, and I was expecting them to hook great LOL. Seems like your Turbos hooked much better than our Haulers. I was kinda debating over getting a tall set of 8's, or a smaller set of 9's.:ermm:

bayou boy
08-30-2006, 08:18 AM
tall 8 is better than short 9...example remember the difference when u stretched yours. my 21's are still taller. they made a huge difference. you probably have more bottom than me because of your higher comp. should launch harder. i should have let u try them. they are definitly a huge increase

CHEVYZ
08-30-2006, 01:25 PM
Yeah, Like I said, I dunno. Depends on what I can find for cheap. If I pay for a set from Rocky Mountain I will probably just go with the 8s to be sure, but lately Ebay has been full of the 9 paddle extremes. I may try to pick up a set for a little over $200 bucks and sell the tires I have to get some 8 paddle extremes as well. Or Vice-Versa . I would like to have two really good sets.

CHEVYZ
08-30-2006, 04:36 PM
Yeah, I think I am gonna go with the 21x12x8 8 paddle Extremes, I think they will probably be enough. If not... and probably down the raod for the hell of it, I will put another set of Extremes, possibly 9 paddles on the rims that my regulars are now on. Kinda do some moving around LOL. Calcualted it on Rocky Mountain and it is only like $234 shipped. Not bad!

400eXr1d3rZ
08-30-2006, 05:00 PM
What's the difference between Extreme's and regular Haulers?

CHEVYZ
08-30-2006, 05:10 PM
Extremes have thicker paddles with a more aggressive cup design. Less give and throws around more sand.

bayou boy
08-31-2006, 03:26 AM
lol if the 21's are not enuff.....stretch em.

CHEVYZ
08-31-2006, 04:11 AM
Yeah. I should be getting the paddles pretty soon. I wanted to get them Yesterday, but I am gonna hold off until I sell some more parts. I am gonna need at least another set of 9's, maybe 10's, and some 8's as well. :D *Cough Cough*