PDA

View Full Version : Jet Experts

RUFIO
08-14-2002, 01:58 PM
Okay i have the e-seris, and twin air, with no airfilter lid. starts all the time, but it feels like a sudden loose of power. im pretty sure its jetting (pain in the a*ss jetting). So i called the local dealer and he said it is 60.00 in labor to jet a quad. Now idk **** about jetting and idk wanna fu*ck it up b.c ill end up taking it to him anyway. So, i dont know what size to move to. Its a 250ex. What size do all you think i should move up to. The guy said its a trial and error process. But its 60.00 everytime i put the wrong size in there. He says maybe a 100jet. Then he said but that might make u foul plugs alot. PLEASE HELP

FullBore52
08-14-2002, 02:03 PM
do it yourself...it only takes 10-15 minutes and 0 money for labor...$60 is what an hour of labor costs here, and it doesnt take an hour! If you do it yourself, try a 110 and see if its rich, if it is, go down until its perfect...

Black400
08-14-2002, 02:03 PM
First off if you put a jet that is lean or rich you wont mess up your quad the worst is you might foul some plugs your dynojet jet kit has all of the instructions and jets you need:devil

FullBore52
08-14-2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Metalquadrider
First off if you put a jet that is lean or rich you wont mess up your quad the worst is you might foul some plugs if i were you i would buy a dynojet jet kit and it has all of the instructions and if you go some where of a higher or lower elevation it will have the jet you need:devil just my.02$:devil

If you put in a jet that is lean you can cause a burnt piston...a rich jet will cause fouled plugs and less power

RUFIO
08-14-2002, 02:09 PM
What size though

two_baaalls
08-14-2002, 02:23 PM
No one can tell you what size, thats the problem. Theres no calculations, every single bike and environmental surroundings are different.

Check your plug, start out with a clean filter. Go from there.

Black400
08-14-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Screamin 'Shee

If you put in a jet that is lean you can cause a burnt piston...a rich jet will cause fouled plugs and less power

Not if he doesnt run it for very long:devil

True rider
08-14-2002, 08:06 PM
I have rejetted my 250 like 3 times I used a 96 mj w/ a k&n air filter and no snorkel its very easy just take the front plastic, side plastic and gas tank cover. then look were u turn your fuel on and of or res. and theres a screw in it take the out, remove the gas tank then put the little knob back on and turn the fuel off take some needle nose pliers and take the fuel line off. Unscrew the thing that holds the snorkle and those to lines off, then remove the tray that seperates the engine from the gas tank.
remove the airbox and there you are. Take the carb off, unscrew the bottom, theres the jet, and turn the mixture screw. I didnt put the needle in, but just un screw the top of the carb, and i smoked modded 300exs. It runs great.

01 250exman
08-14-2002, 10:31 PM
wtf?:huh why did you take all of that off. i ownley took the air box off and the left side pice off .and got to it fine.. :confused:

RUFIO
08-15-2002, 10:40 AM
If you were me, what size would u GUESS i would movie up to. I live in north jersey, and do alot of trail riding, and some draging, in the dirt, and how could u run a 96 jet, if stock it comes with a 96-98

BigThumper33
08-15-2002, 11:02 AM
Some jet sizes are different for different companies that make them. Just like a shoe, you may fit in a size 9 for nike but a 10 for adidas.

TRX250EXER
08-15-2002, 12:30 PM
the stock jet in a 250ex is a 95. and when you put in the K@N air filter going up one jet is about perfect. now the wierd thing about the e-series slip on it is designed to make power without rejetting. it says possiibly moving up 1 or 2 jets. I put a 98mj in mine and I have the same set up. but its hotter then heck right now. Im running great. the jet kit didnt come with a 100. it went from a 98 to a 102. I would try those 2. try the 98 and see what you think. how much of a difference is the elevation in NJ from out here in IL?? that would be the only thing I think would make a difference. we are pretty low out here. But just try the 98 mj. the only other thing you have to do is adjust the air mixture screw. just turn that out 2.5 turns and then adjust it either way while its idleing till you hear the best idle. its not hard. dont take it in to a shop unless you want it dead perfect and they hook it up to one of those machines that test the exhaust fumes or whatever they do.

AND WHY DID YOU TAKE OFF EVERYTHING JUST TO GET TO THE CARB??? I have huge hands, im 6'3" tall, and I can get in there just fine just by taking off the side plastic on one side and disconnecting the airbox. just because the directions tell you to do all that doesnt mean you have too. HECK if you took off all that you might as well do a vavle adjustment while your at it. cuz taking all that off is the hardest part of doing a vavle adjustment. some people make too much work for themselves sometimes!!

True rider
08-15-2002, 04:34 PM
I took off all that stuff cause i couldnt get to the 2 nuts that hold the carb. Anyways my friend has a 300ex w/ d.g pipe, K&n jet kit, and filter and i keep up with him.

01 250exman
08-15-2002, 06:26 PM
yup... i have beat a stock. 300 off the line.tell like 4 gear..and then keep up with it:huh :D :o :devil :devil..it dident win by much..:cool: