PDA

View Full Version : quad noob... plz help

kluu
06-20-2006, 10:24 AM
Okay ive been riding Dirtbikes for a while now and well they just aren't my thing. I finally went and traded up for a 06TRX450r and i LOVE it. My question is what should i do for the suspension. I have already added nerfbars, protapers, and kn filter kit. But im a pretty large guy 6'2 230lbs and the suspension is fair with the setup ive done, but i haven't hit an huge air yet besides a rolling 75ft table :D but that has a super soft landing...

i've worked with the front shocks quite a bit doing an adjustment and a few laps... rinse repeat, but i still seem to be hitting pretty hard when i fuss up and land too far forward, what would you guys recomend i do for my front setup, the rear seems perfectly fine....

Also what are you guys on the 06's doing with the electric start controls on the handle bars? the main cluster in the center and that big hunk of plastic on the left bar? I want to relocate it all but not sure what the best place would be.

Any help would be great k thanks.

:D

JW450R1
06-20-2006, 11:13 AM
gibson long travel with some elka shocks,and rear axle.u will be good to go.

MAD450r
06-20-2006, 12:30 PM
I had the samething happening when I first got my 04 450r, it turns out its the rear shock that is causing this issue. The return on the rear is way to fast, even on its slowest setting its too fast. I had my shocks are rebuilt by derisi racing and its so much better now.

I did use standard travel +2 arms up front, but if you do long travel i'd still get the rear rebuilt, you may want to do that first and see how you like it then.

kluu
06-20-2006, 01:03 PM
hmmm im actually been pretty happy with the rear, just the front doesn't seem to adjust much if at all... obviously the longer travel will help but damn thats expensive :D

guess i'll get to keep playin and save up a bit more green backs!

MAD450r
06-20-2006, 01:48 PM
try to slow the rear some thing readjust the fronts some I bet you get it closer, but you'll end up with the rear on the slowest setting and the front will still seem to land hard.

it could also be the rear link doing it, but I thought they changed it on the 06 model.

06-20-2006, 02:17 PM
consider this: Derisi shock revalve (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=238843)

my friend, lonestar_r, the one that had the revalve done on his is about the same size as you...this is like getting a completely aftermarket suspension and his price was only $507 or so. it would have been a little more if he had waited on the dual rate spring for the rear.

and if you do anything to your fronts, you will notice how bad the rear is...

trx400exxracer
06-20-2006, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
consider this: Derisi shock revalve (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=238843)

my friend, lonestar_r, the one that had the revalve done on his is about the same size as you...this is like getting a completely aftermarket suspension and his price was only $507 or so. it would have been a little more if he had waited on the dual rate spring for the rear.

and if you do anything to your fronts, you will notice how bad the rear is...

thats what i am getting

it is $525 for all 3 shocks and the linkage which is a good price:eek2: