PDA

View Full Version : valvve ticking and then ....

440_Turtle
06-20-2006, 08:35 AM
Ok heres teh story, recently torn my top end down to replace a gasket. Put it back together and she ran better than b4. Well the muffler broke off and instead of parking it i kept riding. Well i started gettign a ticking/tapping in my head and it progressivly got worse. The it sounded like i almost had an exhaust leak or something. the left exhaust valve sounded liek it was leaking or somethign liek that. But anyway it would only get half throttle and would BOG if i gave it any more than half throttle. well i tore it apar and only found some slight damage to teh cylinder. Could if be a bent valve or somethign liek that. Ther was no touching b/t teh piston and teh valve. There was also this greay liquid in my cylinder, like oil mised with the gasket or somethign like that. anyone got any idea whats going on?

BORY
06-20-2006, 03:57 PM
r u sure ur not hearing the cam and cam chain??

boricua
06-20-2006, 10:08 PM
gray liquid.....like oil and metal.....

a bent valve wont let it seat in time or at all, that usually comes from coming in contact with the piston though. it will cause some power loss.
if your muffler broke off, i would say you ran lean. possibly overheating the motor a bit......

curious george
06-21-2006, 07:46 AM
if you have the a 440 the valve might have been tapped.