PDA

View Full Version : RM or LTR 450

hard one
06-19-2006, 07:23 PM
My brother and i have a bet on who would win a drag race in the sand!
I need to know which is faster to see if i need to put sand tires or not .
He has a 2005 rm 125 with v- force reeds and it goes about 80 mph in the sand(he will not have sand tires!). alot faster than a predator to compare.

i have a bone stock suzuki 450r and i dont think my efi upgrade and cherry bomb will get to me on time.
I am very good with holes shots and never mess up a shift,thats my only advantage.

does any body have any ideas.
thanks

LTandRaptorider
06-19-2006, 07:39 PM
Well, top speed of the stock LTR is about 68mph. Better make it a short race! ;)

hard one
06-19-2006, 07:42 PM
i now this is weird but then my 300ex is faster.
the guys i ride with said it would keep up with the honda and it goes about 84 mph becuse they beat my bros rm and they were stock.

jvd182
06-20-2006, 10:23 AM
unless you have huge tires/really high gearing theres no way a 300ex will go 86(i have a 300ex). Otherwise i think it will be a close race, the only wayto find out is to race him.

Fast@$$Rider
06-20-2006, 03:09 PM
well the ltr is not fast top speed it is quick alot quicker than most quads quickness is what matters you could have a top speed of 100 miles an hour but if it takes you 3 minutes to get there it does you no good seeing as the race will be over long before then the ltrs top speed is low around 70mph but it will get there like a damn rocket. to me quick is fast.

hard one
06-20-2006, 06:43 PM
you both are right to answer you in order my 300ex has very tall gears and tires and heavily modded but i have raced it already and its 4th gear is my lt 3rd.

then fast rider i know it is quick i was just curios to see what the actual top speed is. my suzuki shop said they clock one at about 86 mph.

thanks for your input.
I get my cherry bomb in 2 days

hard one
06-20-2006, 06:50 PM
just add one more thing how does it pull in fith gear?
Ive only got to ride it at my house on two acres and it only gets in 3rd.
IT's like flying a plane in a hanger!
I am going to st.joe state park are there any tl-r450 guys going to be in the area should come by and thrash the place.
( i'll be the only one in bright orange gear)
yellow ltr450
mods red powermadd hand guards
yoshimaru cherry bomb.