PDA

View Full Version : New '06 WILL NOT START WHEN HOT??

04'400ex'er
06-19-2006, 06:54 PM
Okay, I have a new '06 450ER that is 9 days old and it will not hardly start when it is hot. I have installed a Rossier Exhaust with their jet kit and also put it on a dyno to make sure the air/fuel mixture is correct.

It will fire right off when it's cold, but when it is hot I have to crank and crank so much my starter won't engage all the time now and my battery goes dead.

I am led to believe it is either in the Engine Timing, or in the valves.

My questions are since I have cut the green wire can I still take it back under warrenty, and what possible could cause it to be so stubbourn to start?

Thanks for all the help!

schulte_85
06-19-2006, 08:10 PM
The eletric starts kind of poor when hot. Try adjusting the idle up. There are a lot of posts on these site about this problem, but it justs start hard when it is hot. Baldwin is making a hot-start for it.

ieatglue
06-19-2006, 08:26 PM
same thing here. its in the shop getting warrenty work on the starting system. they do have a replacement part but i think it still needs a hot start. (or kick start)

bananas
06-20-2006, 04:51 AM
Try adjusting the idle up!!! It works....

BLEEDRED
06-20-2006, 12:04 PM
Yup, I actually have to crank the idle way up when it's hot. And then turn it back down when it's cold. Annoying, but it works. Good luck!!

lumi
06-20-2006, 02:09 PM
hey buddy im with them, make sure you do not burn your starter, only 5 sec bursts to start, do not hold it longer or you are asking for trouble and premature wear.after a couple trys let it cool down(the starter) and try again, dont pump the throttle, put it in neutral helps alot, and raise the idle like was stated. good luck

-lumi

Dave400ex
06-20-2006, 06:06 PM
Baldwin is working on a hot start setup. I need to call again and see how it is coming. If it works I will be getting it.

Will the dealer do anything if you take it to them and say it won't start when it's hot?

ieatglue
06-20-2006, 06:17 PM
i tried turning the idle up and it made it worse.

my honda dealer is fixing it under warrenty and i am pretty sure there are some parts that are upgraded. the honda dealer here just got a notice from honda on it.

Dave400ex
06-20-2006, 06:21 PM
I think I might try taking it to the dealer. Did you get it hot and show them, or just tell them it won't start good when it's hot?

ieatglue
06-20-2006, 07:16 PM
i told them what was going on and they got it hot and tried it. i will get it back friday so i will post up and say if its fixed or not.

04'400ex'er
06-20-2006, 08:48 PM
I have turned the idle up and it still wont start. I have either burnt up the starter or got sand in it.

There is something else deeper than " thats just the way it is"

I called the dealer and set up an appointment up fri.
They are checking out the valves and the starter.

This is not a Typical Honda, and they better do something quick! cause this is not the way these bikes should be!!!

Also, will cutting the green wire void warrenty?????