PDA

View Full Version : Put A 3 Inch Body Lift & 33s On My Z71

TCracin440ex
06-19-2006, 04:46 PM
well i was running 31x10.50s on my truck, but i got a hole in the sidewall of the 31s so i decided why buy just one new tire i bought 4 new tires...bought 33x12.50s and a 3 inch peformance acessories body lift kit...me and my dad installed it saturday night, sunday morning we buttoned it up and bolted the front bumper back on and did some minor trimming...all in all...im happy with it and i love it...6 more inches of suspension is gonna come very soon....

oh btw, i went with dunlop mud rover tires again...couldnt beat them last time..

Mxjunkie
06-19-2006, 04:57 PM
I love that silvy :macho

TCracin440ex
06-19-2006, 05:32 PM
thanks i love it too!!!

Taylor400ex
06-19-2006, 06:31 PM
LOOKS GOOD!! I've got a 96 i wanting to lift, only gave 6 for it and im the 2nd owner from a lady that payed cash for it in 96. Love my truck, where did you get your rims and tires from?

Do you have any exhaust on it?

TCracin440ex
06-19-2006, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Taylor400ex
LOOKS GOOD!! I've got a 96 i wanting to lift, only gave 6 for it and im the 2nd owner from a lady that payed cash for it in 96. Love my truck, where did you get your rims and tires from?

Do you have any exhaust on it?

it aint got no muffler its got cats an the exhaust dumps under the bed....

the wheels i got off ebay brand new i paid 379 shipped for them, then i paid another 689 for the tires from a local tire shop...

it dont got ehxuast now but im gonna get 2 flowmaster 40 series put on it soon...im pretty sure when its all said and done the truck is gonna be pretty trick cuz ive got some major plans for it now

the chrome bed rails im taking off and putting a big chrome roll bar on it...with 4 big kc lights, im gonna do a 6 inch fabtech suspension, im gonna do some kinda aftermarket hood idk if i want cowl induction or if i want a ram air, then im gonna put 38s on it with 4.56 gears and thats gonna be it....after all that im gonna have it painted...im sure before its all said and done ill have to buy me another daily driver cuz it will be too nice to mess up.

TCracin440ex
06-19-2006, 06:52 PM
far as putting the body lift on that is fairly simple...my dad and i put it on in about 5 hours time and we have never done anything like that before...the best body lift for the buck is gonna be the performance acessories body lift kit from summit racing...i paid 178 for mine.

Im very pleased the directions were very cut and dry, the bed was simple, the cab was fairly simple, not quite as eazy as the bed tho, the thing that gave us the most problem was the front bumper because you have to put all kinda bracketry on it to raise it up to match the stock body lines....

I left my rear bumper in the same position as stock...it left a gap between the bed and the bumper but im gonna fix that with a 2 or 3 inch piece of diamond plate

Taylor400ex
06-19-2006, 07:02 PM
yea i've had a couple jeeps and lifted alot of trucks. I sold all my big toys whenver i joined the Air Force because you cant take that stuff over sea's and ended up getting stationed in Chas S.C. So kicking myself in the butt everyday!!

When are you planning on lifting it on up?

But the exhaust, I've got two 40 series no cats dumped above the axle, it sounds freakin mean!!!
I've had punk lil kids wanta race before because it sounds "mean" and i tell them its a extended cab Z71. It's not slow but i'm not going to run a camaro or a hopped up 2 wheel drive.

Rastus
06-19-2006, 07:06 PM
I think I've seen that truck somewhere before... ;)

I agree with ya about the front bumper, I did it myself on my truck and it took a long time just to get the extra brackets on. The front bumper and the gas filler/neck are a pain, but getting the old bolts out of the bed can be a task on its own.

I've still got your old motor though, the heads are about to be ported and polished and used for a twin turbo GTA Trans Am buildup. :D

Looking good man, it's pretty close to the same look as my truck now. :cool:

Rastus
06-19-2006, 07:12 PM
Also, you mentioned about covering the gap in the back of the bed with diamond plate. I'd also suggest that you cover the gap that shows in the back wheel wells between the bed and the frame. Looks alot better from the side when you can't see things on the other side of the truck. ;)

ELewandowski
06-19-2006, 07:38 PM
Looks good, Thats my favorite model of the chevy trucks. My buddy had the same truck in reg. cab with 33's, but no body or sus. lift. They fit stock.

TCracin440ex
06-19-2006, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by ELewandowski
Looks good, Thats my favorite model of the chevy trucks. My buddy had the same truck in reg. cab with 33's, but no body or sus. lift. They fit stock.

yea maybe on stock wheels but even with a 3 inch body on mine i still had to do some trimming to the front valance, and trimmed off some of the corner on the front bumper....

rastus...im glad the motor worked out for ya bro....u gotta let me know some hp numbers once yall get finished with it...

oh we took the old bolts out of the bed with an impact wrench so it wont too bad....we also put the new bolts in with the impact, but after i run them in and got them tight with the impact i took and torqued them by hand to be 100% they were good and tight...

taylor...the suspension lift idk when i will get that...it might wait till tax time...idk it depends on money cuz id like to get tires, gears, and suspension all within the same timeframe....oh and do you have a 350 vortec or do you have a 305? cuz i know chevy put 5.0 motors in the silverados too

Taylor400ex
06-19-2006, 08:19 PM
I fat fingered the year model its a 95 instead of 96, my bad it's a 5.7. If you want to get rid of the chrome tube bed rails give me a shout, or know of any tires and wheels give me a shout.

400exrules
06-19-2006, 09:33 PM
nice! your truck looks soooo much better now!

so did u say its got straight pipes? how load is it?

Cody_300ex
06-19-2006, 11:35 PM
Badass Z man. A friend of mine has a 84 K-5 blazer on 33's we take mudding every other weekend. We're about to buy a 80's toyota truck with 6.5 inches of skyjacker lift and on 37's for our weekend toy.

culookn
06-20-2006, 06:26 AM
sweet truck. i have the same one. did the tires change your mpg at all?

hardkoratvmxr
06-20-2006, 10:45 AM
That is really nice i have a 97 x-cab silvy but it isnt as tricked out for now lol. i have an 8000# winch and toolbox green interior leds in dash and doors and such

TCracin440ex
06-20-2006, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
nice! your truck looks soooo much better now!

so did u say its got straight pipes? how load is it?

its not 2 loud...idk how to describe it