PDA

View Full Version : The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift

400exc
06-19-2006, 04:07 PM
What did you guys think of this? I actually thought it wasnt that bad of a movie, but making the movie in tokyo was a bad idea. But wow the cars were nice! I like the beginning when he races the Viper with his car(GTO??) "Yea it goes from 0-60 in 4.3 seconds" "Wow, you can read the brochure" lol thats funny.

miller821
06-19-2006, 04:14 PM
I think it looks pretty dumb (Can't say for sure cause i've only seen previews), but compared to the others I think it looks kinda stupid. Vin Diesel is back in it, but is Walker? IDK, maybe its just me but after the first on they started going downhill, though the second was alright just not as good as the first.

The highlight for me in 1 and 2 is the Charger in 1 and Challenger in 2, thats pretty much it though the stories are pretty good.

400exc
06-19-2006, 04:22 PM
Walker isnt in the new one, but diesal is at the end for like the last 5 min. I thought it was going to be dumb, but my friends convinced me to go, so i went and i thought it was really good, but not as good as the first two.

elbine69
06-19-2006, 04:23 PM
the movie wasnt made it toyko. it was los angeles dressed up with lights n such to make it look like toyko. the cars are sweet though.

CHEVYZ
06-19-2006, 04:25 PM
I really liked the way the previews looked. I should be going see it pretty soon with a few buddies.:D

Lablatt
06-19-2006, 04:29 PM
It was a pretty good movie. Its worth seeing in the theater, but Im pretty sure it won't be as good watching it at home, unless you have a 10k surround sound system to hear it through.

It was far fetched, just like the other 2. Vin Diesel is in it for maybe... 50 seconds, the car hes in is pretty sweet.. I believe its a charger.

All in all, go see it for the cars, not the story line.

nosliw
06-19-2006, 05:07 PM
oh man i got the drift real bad, it kills when i pee pee

Warnerade
06-19-2006, 05:13 PM
i liked it...its kind of far fetched, but hell..if it wasnt, it wouldnt be interesting now would it?

Doober
06-19-2006, 05:17 PM
i was going to see that but instead we watched nacho libre, i thought that it was going to real dumb but it acutally was pretty good and had a good story line...

06-19-2006, 05:19 PM
Im going to go see it this friday:D

ZBlaster
06-19-2006, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by 400exc
What did you guys think of this? I actually thought it wasnt that bad of a movie, but making the movie in tokyo was a bad idea. But wow the cars were nice! I like the beginning when he races the Viper with his car(GTO??) "Yea it goes from 0-60 in 4.3 seconds" "Wow, you can read the brochure" lol thats funny.

that car is a monte carlo with if im not mistaken a world products 506 crate motor... edmunds did a review of it and the other cars on there site...

yamablaster24
06-19-2006, 06:25 PM
i liked it, the girl was beautiful, besides the way they drifted down the mountain and parkign garage the movie was pretty awesome i think, parts of the drifting looked like the car was on ice lol

400 SS EX
06-19-2006, 06:26 PM
I snuck into this movie after the Davinci Code ( which is GREAT, and the movie I paid to see), and I really thought the movie wasn't that great. The cars were different and sweet, the storyline kinda lost me though. I'll stick to the first and second ones.
After the movie a bunch of kids in like front wheel drive hondas and cavaliers were trying to 'drift' in a parking lot by the theaters with their E-brakes. So I went over and showed them a lil' fishtailing action the way it was meant to be done, with good ole horsepower and rearwheel drive. Between my tires squealing and my exhaust cut-outs open with the engine screaming loud, I got their attention!!!:D

Warnerade
06-19-2006, 06:28 PM
edit..nvm...

why exactly did you sneak in son?

something i find extremely funny...everyone who talks about it online, is always the person who "showed the rice burners up" by doing what they are doing, better...I went and saw the movie..and was around the theatre the night it was premiered..i didnt see any such events...yet, you never here anyone say..."i was one of the kids doing the supposed burnouts in the parking lot" hmm...maybe becuase you are full of ****?

Lablatt
06-19-2006, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
edit..nvm...

something i find extremely funny...everyone who talks about it online, is always the person who "showed the rice burners up" by doing what they are doing, better...I went and saw the movie..and was around the theatre the night it was premiered..i didnt see any such events...yet, you never here anyone say..."i was one of the kids doing the supposed burnouts in the parking lot" hmm...maybe becuase you are full of ****?

From his sig, it looks like he has a 2000 silverado.. with eurotails..

Warnerade
06-19-2006, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Lablatt
From his sig, it looks like he has a 2000 silverado.. with eurotails.. right, i caught that..hence the edit.

trick250r
06-19-2006, 06:41 PM
i wanna go see it... now they need to make a 4th one with walker, tyreese, vin diesel, and this new kid.

400exstud
06-19-2006, 08:07 PM
Am I the only one that is reminded of figure skating when I think about drifting. Everything I see it, I can't help but to think that it is the figure skating of cars.:p

Mx_523
06-19-2006, 08:17 PM
I saw that today. It was pretty good. Its not like the other Fast and the Furious movies though.

coryatver
06-19-2006, 08:21 PM
Cars is more realistic than that movie

Butters
06-19-2006, 08:33 PM
i went and saw it cause my girlfriend was more interested in it then i was. it was pretty good, and i'm sure seeing it in theaters made it better.

Cody_300ex
06-19-2006, 08:36 PM
Better than the second but not nearly as good as the first. RB25det motor in a mustang? Waste of a mustang if you ask me. AWD cars drifting? :rolleyes: All the people just somehow getting out of the way of 3 cars drifting going 65-70 mph? Just a few things that ruined it for me. Altho I did enjoy the first part of the movie.

Iliketogofast
06-19-2006, 09:15 PM
I'm not even gonna go see it... I saw the previews and tried to go out and drift on the empty roads at like 3AM, and I tore the front body kit peice off my car. I was getting really good and got careless I guess.

I knew about drifting but seeing those sweet moves in action hyped me up :D

Aceman
06-19-2006, 10:57 PM
^^hahahaa, now that's funny. I went and saw the movie tonight. Trust me, if you saw how he trashed the first car he raced you got off lucky. I think they quoted it as "a crumpled beer can," when he was done with it.

06-19-2006, 11:03 PM
I saw it about 3 hours ago. But what i dont get is that guy supposed to be paul walker at the end when he races vin deisel. A little confusing but it was a non stop action movie.

400exrules
06-19-2006, 11:44 PM
i dont plan to see this movie....since it looks like its only going to get more rediculous than the other 2. but i did see nacho libre and enjoyed it :) lol

nightrider05
06-20-2006, 12:29 AM
Hmm I was told it was actually filmed in Tokyo but those were cars imported to Japan from America..someone may want to check that out. I personally thought it was a very good movie and was alot better than the first 2. This one had alot less B.S than the second one. Some of the stuff was unrealistic, yes, but show me a movie that doesn't have stuff like that in it..thats why its called "acting". Overall I would give it a B+

LT250RMan
06-20-2006, 01:27 AM
I think they have gone to far with a fast and the furious toyko drift, theres already to many of them fake *** crappy movies and now there a number 3, i think this ones going to suck just like the rest of them did and i'm never going to watch it.

400exstud
06-20-2006, 10:54 AM
Now it will give the rice racers even more to BS about.

Now correct me if I am wrong but a "drift" is just a prolonged POWERslide right? How can you do that in a front wheel drive car?

I don't care anyway. I just threaten to dominate their bodykits with a little Ford (F-150) metal.

LittleMissE
06-20-2006, 12:56 PM
I agree with Cody_300ex about the movie being better then the second but not as good as the first!!! I went with my cousin, my mom, and two girls that we were babysitting the first day it came out!!! I thought it was a pretty good movie and at first I did think I was going to like it b/c Paul Walker wasnt in it but as soon as the "redneck" type of guy(main character) was going to race the rich kid I knew it was going to be good!!! And I think the end of the movie left it wide open for a 4th movie so I bet we will be seeing one in the next few years!!!

400 SS EX
06-20-2006, 01:56 PM
edit..nvm...

I snuck in because I went to see the movie The Davinci Code, after that movie was over I noticed that Tokyo Drift was just starting so I watched it. And tell me how many front wheel drive vehicles you saw in that movie?????? God knows I didn't see much, because they aren't very good at fishtailing from power unless they're in reverse! Thats the point I was trying to make. - But if you wanna start a why are ricer's better than American Muscle, all I'll say is I can keep up 85% of import's around here ( they don't stick in thousands of dollars like some people) and after I race a Civic,Cavalier,Celica, etc. It can drive right up on my carhauler and my vehicle could tow it home.- And if you want to say I did some burnouts or 'drifting' type stuff I did. It was done at Wehrenberg Theaters in Cape Gireadeau, MO.

400 SS EX
06-20-2006, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by nightrider05
Overall I would give it a B+

If a couple of the cars had airbags you'd prolly of given it an A- wouldn't you ???? haha jk, JB

ELewandowski
06-20-2006, 02:07 PM
I just saw it, It was ok, the cars were nice, the acting was a little cheezy, but it was fun to watch and had a lot of action.

400exc
06-20-2006, 03:39 PM
and you usally dont see a 60's mustang frame have a nissan engine in it!!! that was amazing, but it sounded like crap. When i look at a car like that i thing of hearing a engine that sounds meaty. Yea, i think there is gonna be a 4th out and it will be a little overrated, but ill probably go and see it

06-20-2006, 04:16 PM
i aint even gonna go an see the 3rd one, gosh i hate these movies, they are so gay....99% of those rice burners have no balls at all...the muscle cars were the only normal priced cars i would want to own, other then of course the vette or something sweet like that...kids around here have rice burners and i laugh cuz my snowmoblies makes about the same amount of power from 2 cylenders....kids at my school used to call me car "the grandma moblie" cuz its a 99 bonneville...well i got sick of it so i lined it up agenst a few rice burners and beat them all...and i hate those huge wings they put on the back....the first one ok i could see why they made that movie, for something to whip your *** with, but the 2nd and now a 3rd is just steppping over the line, you couldnt pay me to watch that ****

400exrules
06-20-2006, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Honda86
i aint even gonna go an see the 3rd one, gosh i hate these movies, they are so gay....99% of those rice burners have no balls at all...the muscle cars were the only normal priced cars i would want to own, other then of course the vette or something sweet like that...kids around here have rice burners and i laugh cuz my snowmoblies makes about the same amount of power from 2 cylenders....kids at my school used to call me car "the grandma moblie" cuz its a 99 bonneville...well i got sick of it so i lined it up agenst a few rice burners and beat them all...and i hate those huge wings they put on the back....the first one ok i could see why they made that movie, for something to whip your *** with, but the 2nd and now a 3rd is just steppping over the line, you couldnt pay me to watch that ****

the big coffee can fart cannon exhaust they put on them pisses me off the most.....they think they sound "fast":mad:

yah, its pretty funny when a banshee or a snowmobile has more hp than these cars lmfao

Warnerade
06-20-2006, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by 400 SS EX
I snuck in because I went to see the movie The Davinci Code, after that movie was over I noticed that Tokyo Drift was just starting so I watched it. And tell me how many front wheel drive vehicles you saw in that movie?????? God knows I didn't see much, because they aren't very good at fishtailing from power unless they're in reverse! Thats the point I was trying to make. - But if you wanna start a why are ricer's better than American Muscle, all I'll say is I can keep up 85% of import's around here ( they don't stick in thousands of dollars like some people) and after I race a Civic,Cavalier,Celica, etc. It can drive right up on my carhauler and my vehicle could tow it home.- And if you want to say I did some burnouts or 'drifting' type stuff I did. It was done at Wehrenberg Theaters in Cape Gireadeau, MO. I beleive you misunderstood my entire post...

example..never once argued that a import is better than american...but since you brought it up, they can be in some aspects.

Iliketogofast
06-20-2006, 05:29 PM
So you guys have cars that can beat those blue and cyan Drift Alliance cars? The FD, the Mustang, and the Silvia? Show it to me.

Mx_523
06-20-2006, 08:26 PM
They aren't your average rice burners. I want to see your cars that can beat a car that has 60 grand into the engine.

Honda TRX250ex
06-20-2006, 08:27 PM
rofl i want to see some of you guys actually drift!

400 SS EX
06-20-2006, 09:44 PM
Oh for F*** sake I am tired of all this bull****. I just wanted to make a statement that it was funny to see a couple 16year old kids in '92 civics with nothing but a cheap pipe on it trying to do the same kinda stunts done in the movie which had 99.98 percent rear-wheel drive cars! Maybe I like that dry humor. And all you guys saying show me a car that is better than the ones in the movie, get off my damn back. --- and NacsRacer027- you have me totally puzzled as to what that post is supposed to mean. I feel like a retard for not getting it, but I've read it like 5 times:huh

miller821
06-20-2006, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
the big coffee can fart cannon exhaust they put on them pisses me off the most.....they think they sound "fast":mad:

yah, its pretty funny when a banshee or a snowmobile has more hp than these cars lmfao
LMAO, I was talking to this ricer at my school and I had to ask him how big his exhaust was. So he told me it was 5.5 inches which was the biggest he could find, after he told me that and tried to convince me to rice out my civic I just laughed and told him I wasn't a ricer.

Warnerade
06-21-2006, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by 400 SS EX
Oh for F*** sake I am tired of all this bull****. I just wanted to make a statement that it was funny to see a couple 16year old kids in '92 civics with nothing but a cheap pipe on it trying to do the same kinda stunts done in the movie which had 99.98 percent rear-wheel drive cars! Maybe I like that dry humor. And all you guys saying show me a car that is better than the ones in the movie, get off my damn back. --- and NacsRacer027- you have me totally puzzled as to what that post is supposed to mean. I feel like a retard for not getting it, but I've read it like 5 times:huh ok..basicaly, I havent beleived it yet when ANYONE has said "i took my american muscle and showed the ricers up"...simply becuase there story is just not beleivable, wich yours isnt...I've heard a lot about people saying they do that, but never hear anything from anyone about them being the ricer in the parking lot, which, according to you...is a lot of people...

And just dont bother bringing up rice vs american muscle anymore...beleive me, I am the last person on the forum that needs to be lexured about that.

redracing88
06-22-2006, 08:15 PM
just got back from seeing it and this is what i was thinking

LittleMissE
06-22-2006, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by redracing88
just got back from seeing it and this is what i was thinking

I was trying to find that so that I could put it up b/c thats how I feel about it!!!

Iliketogofast
06-22-2006, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Honda TRX250ex
rofl i want to see some of you guys actually drift!

Hey, I was really, really good until I wrecked. Even my friend Daymon said so, and he's really critical of EVERYTHING.

Pappy
06-22-2006, 10:37 PM
If i go see a movie with a ton of japanese in it, it better either be a godzilla movie or a war flick:o

Blue250X
06-23-2006, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by Mx_523
They aren't your average rice burners. I want to see your cars that can beat a car that has 60 grand into the engine.

i can understand putting money into the engine, i mean, who doesnt like to go fast?? but then they go and put on those huge wings and lower it and neons and fart pipes, oh my, i cant stand the sound of those pipes, i would rather not have any exhaust at all.:eek2:

Iliketogofast
06-23-2006, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Blue250X
i can understand putting money into the engine, i mean, who doesnt like to go fast?? but then they go and put on those huge wings and lower it and neons and fart pipes, oh my, i cant stand the sound of those pipes, i would rather not have any exhaust at all.:eek2:

Well, I can't understand putting 60K into a Civic motor. Why not just buy a Supra and be just as fast, but save time? 30k Supra+30k Engine mods = ONE FAST *****.

Blue250X
06-23-2006, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Iliketogofast
Well, I can't understand putting 60K into a Civic motor. Why not just buy a Supra and be just as fast, but save time? 30k Supra+30k Engine mods = ONE FAST *****.

yea, i guess that makes sense too, it's like all the ppl w/ 300s and 250s stroked and bored to 390 and have all that stuff (and i know i have a 250x, but im selling it for a 125cc bike)

400 SS EX
06-23-2006, 01:04 PM
RedRacing88 and LittleMissE have got the idea that chart ios pretty fricking sweet. I was reading it last night with one of my friends who has a civic and he was laughing and agreeing with it.

trick250r
06-23-2006, 02:23 PM
well, i guess im gonna have to see it now. i just think that all these "ricer" kids need to move to japan or china or something. they're just like those white kids that listen to rap with thier pants around thier ankles and doo-rag. (i know there is a better term for it, but its not politically correct)

Warnerade
06-23-2006, 04:51 PM
i can understand putting money into the engine, i mean, who doesnt like to go fast?? but then they go and put on those huge wings and lower it and neons and fart pipes, oh my, i cant stand the sound of those pipes, i would rather not have any exhaust at all.:eek2: I can understand your narrow minded reasoning....but why are you even worried what other people do..their money, their cars, their time...dont worry about it. I would be willing to put money on it that the "ricers", or as you put it..."waste of money" in that movie would destroy ANY thing you ever drive.

06-23-2006, 05:25 PM
if you guys want to see a car that can beat those civics with 60 K in them, i can seriously post pics if ya want :D

my pappys cars make around 1800 HP, depends on how much you adjust the REAL NOS :D :D

just let me know if you guys want to see a real car ;)

Warnerade
06-23-2006, 05:31 PM
do you really think its called NOS?

Mx_523
06-23-2006, 06:12 PM
if you guys want to see a car that can beat those civics with 60 K in them, i can seriously post pics if ya want :D

my pappys cars make around 1800 HP, depends on how much you adjust the REAL NOS :D :D

I'm waiting. Its got to be street legal too.

LittleMissE
06-23-2006, 06:30 PM
I think that american muscle cars are so much better!!!
1st: they sound lots better(there isnt a sound better the a v8)
2nd: they look better
3rd: they are great at drags

I understand that "ricers" handle better but they sound like crap and with all the stupid wings and extra ugly stuff on it they dont look good!!!

I do like some of the import cars but I dont think that they are better then american muscle cars!!!

Thats my opionion and thats what I am sticking to!!!

LittleMissE
06-23-2006, 06:33 PM

I want to see a real car!!! You should post pictures as soon as possible!!!

Blue250X
06-23-2006, 08:43 PM
I can understand your narrow minded reasoning....but why are you even worried what other people do..their money, their cars, their time...dont worry about it. I would be willing to put money on it that the "ricers", or as you put it..."waste of money" in that movie would destroy ANY thing you ever drive.

the ricers in that movie may and may not have had engine work done to them, and im only 15, how do u know wat i will drive or how fast it will be. I was just stating my opinion, sry, thot i was allowed

Blue250X
06-23-2006, 08:52 PM
does anyone know a good car website, like ATVRIDERS except for cars?

Warnerade
06-23-2006, 08:54 PM
your allowed to say it, and im allowed to call it narrow minded.

Only a few select cars in that movie probably had engine work..the rest were just make overs...afterall..the damn spider that tyrese drove in the 2nd one was actually an automatic...

The ones built in that movie are faster than anything you will ever drive...probably faster than most people will ever drive...its just how it is.

Blue250X
06-23-2006, 09:28 PM
your allowed to say it, and im allowed to call it narrow minded.

Only a few select cars in that movie probably had engine work..the rest were just make overs...afterall..the damn spider that tyrese drove in the 2nd one was actually an automatic...

The ones built in that movie are faster than anything you will ever drive...probably faster than most people will ever drive...its just how it is.

yea, i got nothing against u calling it narrow minded, was that spyder seriously an automatic???:rolleyes:

Warnerade
06-24-2006, 07:56 AM
yea, i got nothing against u calling it narrow minded, was that spyder seriously an automatic???:rolleyes: yes...they showed the actual cars at a mitsubishi dealer about 6 months or so after the movie came out....looked in, automatic...

06-24-2006, 08:08 AM
http://dsc01157

i hope that pic works

06-24-2006, 08:13 AM
damn, im so bad with computers

but those cars in fast and furious are cute...to my gf anyways...lol

and they aint fast, i doubt any of those cars would run under 11 sec in 1/4 mile

06-24-2006, 08:16 AM
ad i know u guys are gona say "well that cuz they can be driven on the road" and yeah thats true, they can be driven on the road, however there are plenty of cars that run 9 sec and under that can still be driven on the road....its obvious those movies are targeted to teenagers, and teens dont have fast cars....my car isnt fast and its supercharged...people think 200 hp is alot, or 300 hp is alot...and in reality, it isnt...once u get above 1000hp, your starting to make good power and thats something to brag about

so i am just gonna :o on the 3rd movie too...lol its just not a movie i wanna spend my hard earned money to see

Warnerade
06-24-2006, 08:21 AM
well when your girlfriend offers to pay, I am not going to say "no no honey...lets go see lake hous"

Iliketogofast
06-24-2006, 10:03 AM
yea, i guess that makes sense too, it's like all the ppl w/ 300s and 250s stroked and bored to 390 and have all that stuff (and i know i have a 250x, but im selling it for a 125cc bike)

Well you gotta understand the Supra. A Supra with 30 grand into the engine will rape a Ferrari... And then you have a 60K Ferrari killer with better looks to boot.

Honda TRX250ex
06-24-2006, 10:14 AM
damn, im so bad with computers

but those cars in fast and furious are cute...to my gf anyways...lol

and they aint fast, i doubt any of those cars would run under 11 sec in 1/4 mile
I was reading somthing a while ago and the eclipse from the first movie only ran 16 seconds for a quater mile. In the movie it ran low tens... Its hollywood guys so stop aruging.

Warnerade
06-24-2006, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Honda TRX250ex
I was reading somthing a while ago and the eclipse from the first movie only ran 16 seconds for a quater mile. In the movie it ran low tens... Its hollywood guys so stop aruging. umm...who exactly is argueing?

Lablatt
06-24-2006, 11:51 AM
Honestly, and I think everyone can agree with me.. the main cars in all 3 movies were done up with alot of taste, with the exception of the eclipse in the 2nd.

The green gs-t eclipse, red rx-7, and of course, the orange supra were done amazingly well. Find me one person that wouldn't like to have one of those cars.

The 2nd movie wasnt that great, the 2 cars didnt do much for me, but the camaro did alot.

The 3rd was a good movie, it starts out with a viper and an srt-10 Ram, then heads on to a 350z and a Evo. I would love to have any of those.

To each his own I guess, sure, I would rather have a 2003 Cobra or an 04 lightning over those imports, but alot of people are biased because they are foreign, and not "good ol American HP"

06-24-2006, 03:05 PM
nah i wouldnt wanna throw 2 hours into a movie that i proly wont enjoy even if my gf pays for it...id rather be doing "better" things with her ;)

but yeah some people loves those movies and some people dont, nothing personal and nothing to argue about...and those cars in reality wont run that good 1/4 mile times....like i said be4, if your not close to 1000 HP or more, there really isnt any point in braggin over your car...my old mans car is making around 1750-1800 HP and that still isnt a WHOLE lot...alot of those dragsters are making 7000 HP and some have more, they have more power then they know what to do with...the clutches cant handle all the power, thats the downfall and the reason cars arnt going faster...but accelerating at 100mph per second isnt too bad now is it?? its funny when a movie about called "too fast too furious" generates more money about having fast cars then a movie that realy does have fast stuff....how many foreign dragsters do you see? its mostly an american sport...there isnt many japs out at the strip...lets face it...but its funny when you see an eclipes or whatever at the light and i smoke them everytime in my bonneville :D

and yes some of those cars in the movie look good, but then again is all show and no go

Warnerade
06-24-2006, 03:11 PM
nah i wouldnt wanna throw 2 hours into a movie that i proly wont enjoy even if my gf pays for it...id rather be doing "better" things with her ;) and that is probably becuase you dont do those "better" things too often, do ya scooter? Too much dreaming about a "real" car.

racin 400
06-24-2006, 03:11 PM
u wanna see fast **** look up johhny lighting in the video search on yahoo.... btw its a ford lighting and its tits.

06-24-2006, 03:36 PM
my grandpa has a ford lightning, its cool...and im sure i get more play then you and even at a higher level...and what do you consider a real car?? there is all different styles that people go for when they buy a car....if you are looking for a 4 cylender that puts out an amazing 125 hp, cool...i am perfectly happy with my bonneville, its nice, comfortable, does good on gas, supercharged, leather...no rice burner is up to that QUALITY of a car

Iliketogofast
06-24-2006, 04:49 PM
nah i wouldnt wanna throw 2 hours into a movie that i proly wont enjoy even if my gf pays for it...id rather be doing "better" things with her ;)

but yeah some people loves those movies and some people dont, nothing personal and nothing to argue about...and those cars in reality wont run that good 1/4 mile times....like i said be4, if your not close to 1000 HP or more, there really isnt any point in braggin over your car...my old mans car is making around 1750-1800 HP and that still isnt a WHOLE lot...alot of those dragsters are making 7000 HP and some have more, they have more power then they know what to do with...the clutches cant handle all the power, thats the downfall and the reason cars arnt going faster...but accelerating at 100mph per second isnt too bad now is it?? its funny when a movie about called "too fast too furious" generates more money about having fast cars then a movie that realy does have fast stuff....how many foreign dragsters do you see? its mostly an american sport...there isnt many japs out at the strip...lets face it...but its funny when you see an eclipes or whatever at the light and i smoke them everytime in my bonneville :D

and yes some of those cars in the movie look good, but then again is all show and no go

You're an idiot. 1000HP isn't usable on the street. Why are you talking about not being able to brag about anything under it?

Anything over 400 is fast. 500 is something you can really brag about, and over about 650-700 it's all about the dyno numbers. You can't use anything over 700HP on the street... Especially in a lightweight car like an RX-7, EVO, ect...

Warnerade
06-24-2006, 07:59 PM
my grandpa has a ford lightning, its cool...and im sure i get more play then you and even at a higher level...and what do you consider a real car?? there is all different styles that people go for when they buy a car....if you are looking for a 4 cylender that puts out an amazing 125 hp, cool...i am perfectly happy with my bonneville, its nice, comfortable, does good on gas, supercharged, leather...no rice burner is up to that QUALITY of a car you really just need to stop talking. The fact you have to state that you "get more play at a higher level" than i do..is just enough info i needed to know that you use your hand, becuase you have to defend the topic, so just end that part of the conversation at that.

What do i consider a real car? hell it depends...I like ALL kinds of cars, as long as they are built right. If its a ricer, and simply built for looks...as long as it was done right, im not gonna make fun of it..as long as the owner doesnt say its fast, or think it is. You need to realize that a "real" car, isnt just a funny car that can run low 4's or whatever they run in the 1/4 mile.

I've grown up around classic show cars, I've been around car shows through my whole life...I own a 1965 ford galaxie, my father has 1 classic bel air, a 88 twin turbo pontiac fire bird...

sure does beat your bonneville doesnt it? Dont bother posting again, you've proven to be an idiot on more than one occasion...scooter.

Blue250X
06-24-2006, 08:08 PM

sure does beat your bonneville doesnt it? Dont bother posting again, you've proven to be an idiot on more than one occasion...scooter.

haha, im not on anyones side here, but scooter is a great name.....sry for the dumb post

250R-Dee
06-24-2006, 09:01 PM
The thread is filled with so many stupid replies I don't know where to start.

Drifting - the e-brake is actually used to control the drift. Many companies offer a hydraulic e-brake upgrade for drift cars. Almost all of the WRC cars have hydraulic e-brakes.

AWD drifting - ever watched a rally race? I have been watching GTRs, GTiRs, AWD Celicas, Lancers, Imprezas, Nissan March twin chargers and many other AWD cars drift on the STREET since '93 so I guess it is very possible.

FWD drifting - there are a couple pro drivers over here who use Civics and FWD Starlets. They are really good but I think FWD drifting looks like a mangy mutt dragging it's butt after a bad dump:blah:

Drifting is not easy or cheap. It is best to start with a low budget rear wheel drive car because fenders will get destroyed, suspension parts will break. You will DESTROY tires everytime you do a long drifting session. Just like everything else in the world - practice makes perfect!!

Some of you guys need ot realize it's just a damn movie. The people who leave the theater and try to do stunts that they saw on the big screen are about as dumb as dumb can get. Don't worry, Darwin has an award for them.

Ignorance is the root of all evil. A lot of people are talking smack about domestics or imports when they know absolutely nothing about them. Old school V-8 guys fear anything with a computer. New skool techo geeks are allergic to carbs and points type ignitions.

I have owned a couple high horsepower vehicles and all I can say is a car that is primarily setup for straightline action is nothing more than a trailer Queen. My old ProStreet '54 Ford truck with it's gas guzzling 351C (Aussie heads, 13:1 compression, tunnel ram, twin 750 DP's, ridiculous roller cam, Toploader 4 speed, Strange 9" rear with 4.88 gears and 4 link, plus more) was a blast to drive and it won a lot more races than it lost but I'll take my 500whp Honda Integra over it anyday. Why? Because I don't have to plan my driving around gas station stops. I don't need race fuel. I don't need ear plugs to drive it. I can drive as stupid as I want in the curves (closed circuit course) without worrying about oversteer or having to creep like grand ma ma. 13 Gallons of 100 Octane will last me AT LEAST two weeks while 20 gallons of at least 108 octane in the '54 would last 3 days at most (no racing at all).

Don't get me wrong! I will always love my muscle cars because I grew up with them but I will also always love any car that can produce 600~1500whp from 1.6~3.0liters of engine capacity. When I lived in Tokyo I got a chance to ride in a 1300whp R32 GTR that totally blows your mind. As we cruised through the Aqualine at 300+kph with 6 cars behind us I prayed for a quick death if something were to happen. The rumble of a V-8 and the spooling of turbos imports give me the same rush! A lot of the domestic guys are copying the import guys (twin or quad turbos and other stuff) and the import guys are learning how to make their rides better by studying the domestic setups.

Oh yeah - drifting or drag racing on public roads is dangerous. racing should only be done in controlled environments.

I also own/have owned - '70 1/2 TA, WS6 '78 TA (430hp) with rear disk brakes, '70 Monte Carlo with a 454(600hp+), Pinto Wagon with a 351W (sold it before I could take it to the track), Japanese CRX Si, CRX SiR, '96 Lancer EVO IV and some more cars that are not worth mentioning.

Educate yourself so you don't look so foolish:chinese:

My dream project - Opel GT with an SR20DET. That would be delicous!!

Quad Boy 660r
06-24-2006, 10:32 PM
I like this guy^^^^^.

The movie looks dumb, but i will see it anyway.

:D

400 SS EX
06-25-2006, 01:02 AM
TRX250rJapan has alot of good points. Your very knowledgable I must say!! Now NacsRacer027, you are getting really pissed off!!! What the hell is your deal? Your talking all big and bad to these, or I mean us young guys. ---I would like to know your age , what you drive, job. Because everything I have is from mowing a little grass in the summer and making 6.45/hr sacking groceries. If any body else thought his posts were very aggressive, or defensive. Let him know, I thought he was being a little baby about it! But at the same time if I was inappropiate for what I did let me know, hell I can take criticism, except for NacsRacer027 you just get under my skin, sorry I'm sure your cool to ride with and all that but for now the computer screen is making me mad.--haha

Warnerade
06-25-2006, 02:51 AM
getting under peoples skin is what I do...and that post wasnt defensive..thats just how I am..very forward, to get my point across.

I drive an 03 Dodge Ram 1500 as my daily driver....I work in a Tool and Die shop, and get around 55 hours a week average right now. I am also 18....

06-25-2006, 11:08 AM
the point i was trying to make is that there isnt nothing really THAT fast on the street, it just isnt there, and i dont find a 400 hp car impressive, we own a 450 hp trans am that is on the bottle and it dont impress me, yes its a nice car, all chromes out and powdercoated and everyhting but its NOT THAT...how many people here really acctually go to the drag track often?? once u see the real fast stuff, the stuff on the street and in these movies are just basically a joke compared to the fast cars....a truly fast drag car...not a 400 hp or 500hp car...i guess maybe being around the drag track oftern i just have a higher expectation of what fast is...

i dont consider my banshee, or a 450 or anything else, FAST....and as for this movie wasnt it already mentioned that those cars dont even run under 12 or 11 sec and yes i know people that have 9 and 8 second cars that still drive them around town and take them to car shows and what not for fun...but like i said i guess some of you guys consider 14 seconds in a 1/4 fast...

and to the guys running funny cars they think your a joke if u aint runninig a the low 5s or high 4 second in a 1/4 so many some of your guys need to get educated on whats out there and how slow the everyday cars are...400hp is NOTHING compared to what is out there...and there are many people that will laugh at the track if your not putting out 4 didget HP numbers

and yes i do drive a supercharged bonneville, its a pretty nice car and the reason i got the supercharged was to just get into traffic on the E way and up to speed and what not...i dont think its HOT **** and i dont have a huge wing off the back with a stupid lil exhaust on it...i love the car of its luxery and i dont go around saying how fast it is, for the price i dont think i could have found a better car...

and for the record no one here has gotton under my skin, this is just a good thread and it shows what people consider fast and not fast....if anyone wants to call me out on a stupid post, feel free to PM me

250R-Dee
06-25-2006, 11:44 AM
Honda86 - Why do you continuously try to compare apples to oranges? Your arguments are totally pointless!! You are only person who is talking about track-only trailer Queens while the rest of us are talking about street driven cruisers that can lay down the smackdown whenever it is needed. At least Nacsracer tries to make us laugh:D.

How about getting on the same page as the rest of us so you don't look so IGNORANT. I tried to be nice and refrain from making a derogatory retort that would belittle the absence of active brain matter in that substandard block that is connected to your neck but I couldn't resist......:chinese: :blah: :D

400 SS EX
06-25-2006, 04:46 PM
^^^^^ I'll have to agree with that one ,sorry Honda86 but you are talking about two way different things. And TRX250RJapan I must compliment you on your very broad vocabulary. ;)

Warnerade
06-25-2006, 06:18 PM
the point i was trying to make is that there isnt nothing really THAT fast on the street, it just isnt there, and i dont find a 400 hp car impressive, we own a 450 hp trans am that is on the bottle and it dont impress me, yes its a nice car, all chromes out and powdercoated and everyhting but its NOT THAT...how many people here really acctually go to the drag track often?? once u see the real fast stuff, the stuff on the street and in these movies are just basically a joke compared to the fast cars....a truly fast drag car...not a 400 hp or 500hp car...i guess maybe being around the drag track oftern i just have a higher expectation of what fast is...

i dont consider my banshee, or a 450 or anything else, FAST....and as for this movie wasnt it already mentioned that those cars dont even run under 12 or 11 sec and yes i know people that have 9 and 8 second cars that still drive them around town and take them to car shows and what not for fun...but like i said i guess some of you guys consider 14 seconds in a 1/4 fast...

and to the guys running funny cars they think your a joke if u aint runninig a the low 5s or high 4 second in a 1/4 so many some of your guys need to get educated on whats out there and how slow the everyday cars are...400hp is NOTHING compared to what is out there...and there are many people that will laugh at the track if your not putting out 4 didget HP numbers

and yes i do drive a supercharged bonneville, its a pretty nice car and the reason i got the supercharged was to just get into traffic on the E way and up to speed and what not...i dont think its HOT **** and i dont have a huge wing off the back with a stupid lil exhaust on it...i love the car of its luxery and i dont go around saying how fast it is, for the price i dont think i could have found a better car...

and for the record no one here has gotton under my skin, this is just a good thread and it shows what people consider fast and not fast....if anyone wants to call me out on a stupid post, feel free to PM me once again...stop posting, you really just need to let your thoughts go. I for one am around the drags a lot...A local race track is right next door, while wating to race...I'll go stand by the fence and watch a few runs. Like japan said, your comparing apples to oranges...your just making yourself look even more stupid (possible?) The guys running funny cars consider me a joke becusae my stock truck wont runa a high 4? That was by far one of the funniest things you've stated yet. Do I, or any other daily driver give a **** if some rich funny car driver, says I'm a joke becuase I am happy with my truck? Your ignorant...is there any other way to put it? I really dont think so. Let me go buy a moped...ride it on a bike trail, and laugh at the married people out going for a nice evening ride on their mountain bikes, just becuase i spent 5 times as much money.....

Please tell me you see my point.

At least Nacsracer tries to make us laugh. I wish more people on this site would realize that.

Stevie-D
06-25-2006, 06:41 PM
i think what ya'll are missing is the fact that there are quick import cars, then there are the stereotypical rice-rockets:devil:. you can make anything fast, all it takes is very deep pockets. money makes anything possible. :D
i've never gotten into the imports. course i've never owned a car for that matter. just the damned dodge pickups that i'm about to push over a cliff:blah:
what i see around here a lot is one kid will race another kid..and the kid with the civic will beat the kid with the cavalier, etc, etc...suddenly he is saying that the civic is a really quick car.

speed is relative. for all the science scholars here, that simply means that just because one kids civic is faster that anothers cavalier, it doesnt mean it's a fast car. line that civvy up next to a vette, and its now a slow car again. :devil:

ive got nothing against a nice import vehicle. i know several kids around here that drive nice imports that arent rice rockets. of course the only reason that the arent rice rockets is because mommy and daddy bought them and wont allow jr. to modify them in any way:D

to each is own i suppose.:chinese:

Warnerade
06-25-2006, 06:45 PM
What i read there was a story about 2 kids in your neighborhood...it didnt really tell me anything that already hasnt been talked about in this thread.

400exc
06-25-2006, 07:56 PM
please stop bashing and stuff on my thread.... i asked for peoples opinions on this movie, not people bashing other people with different type of cars that they like in their opinion. Maybe Nacsracer or Honda86 like to make people mad, or make their comments on other people.... but why does it have to be a fight? Why cant you guys act in a mature manner like Trx250rJapan. Hes a nice guy. Why dont you guys just grow up and act the age you are supposed to. But hey.... Nacs racer did try to make us laugh.

06-25-2006, 08:21 PM
thats cool that ur around the track, i am was just trying to show people that a 400 hp car is ok, but not by anymeans, FAST...and yes money does make you faster in drags....and yeah u can make just about anything fast....i was just trying to show people that earlier were saying the cars on movie were fast, they arnt, thats the point i was trying to make...and yes if a car from the movie came out, it would be the joke at the track and i think we all can agree on that???? but i just dont like those type of cars, i aint trying to push my opinon on anyone or say your wring and im right, im just saying how it is....those cars look cool to some and not to others, they are NOT fast and in the movie hollywood makes them out to be some type of bad *** cars but thats cool, i mean the movies generate a ton of money so they are getting what they want...

and yes alot of guys out at the track that are running 6 sec in a 1/4 do laugh at the 11 second guys...i mean when you see time trial runs and some guy runs a low 7 or high 6, they r flying, those cars run pretty good, then if you see a 10 or 12 second car, they look so slow (compared to the 6 sec cars) and then....it comes out....that honda civic with that bad *** wing on the back, all painted up, and yes u said it..14 inch rims! itll run a what? 15? 16? 17 second 1/4 mile....impressive....thats the only point i was trying to make, and those are facts...its just the way it is and thats what those cars run...and if you say i am making stupid posts, tell me how?? its just funny when you see people with those cars that think they r fast...my brothers friend was like that and he put some money into his honda and he was talking big about it one day so i ask him if he wanted to race "the grandma moblie" and he didnt even want to...he knew he would get killed...i dont mind if people know how fast their **** is, but when people think its something awsome and it MIGHT run 16 seconds in a 1/4....im sorry i just cant help but laugh....and thats why i wont watch this movie...its just not me....but those lil cars do good on gas, gotta look at the bright side to them :)

400EXtreme
06-25-2006, 08:33 PM
I liked the movie especially the end was aweomse. But it wasnt as good as the first but it was better than the 2nd.

flyin#5
06-25-2006, 09:59 PM
i dont really care to get into this ricer discussion... but i saw the movie the night it opened because i needed a good laugh. i was suprized at this movie because the kid in there actually was more into muscle cars and thought the imports were ****ty.. at first. that made me a little happy at least. then they fired up there "drift cars" and i couldnt help but shout to a friend sitting down the row "HEY ADAM, DID YOU JUST RIP ***" and some other comments like that throughout the movie. the nissan engine.. skyline right? well anyways.. i know its a high hp motor, thats not the point... its just not right to put anything under 8 cylinders in that nice of a mustang.... then they put a fart can on the back and i about walked out.

on the way home i got my friend to drift his sonoma. it was way sweet... thank god it was wet out so we could get the tires spinning. i think we could've taken DK, but we stopped practicing. its hard to drive crying in laughter because well.. the slownoma is unstopable.

Cody_300ex
06-26-2006, 12:07 AM
I'll stick to this!

Warnerade
06-26-2006, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by 400exc
please stop bashing and stuff on my thread.... i asked for peoples opinions on this movie, not people bashing other people with different type of cars that they like in their opinion. Maybe Nacsracer or Honda86 like to make people mad, or make their comments on other people.... but why does it have to be a fight? Why cant you guys act in a mature manner like Trx250rJapan. Hes a nice guy. Why dont you guys just grow up and act the age you are supposed to. But hey.... Nacs racer did try to make us laugh. wheres the bashing? Beleive me, these posts of mine in this thread are good for me..I could be making mine a lot worse.

Honda..once again...we all know a 17 second car isnt fast:ermm:

06-26-2006, 05:01 AM
then thats the only point i was reallly trying to make...17-15 seconds is what those cars will run...and to those people thinking 400 hp is fast, that wont even get you in the 11 second and under range :rolleyes: ....right nacsracer??

KXRida
06-26-2006, 05:28 AM
first one was really good. Great story and it had the charger in it. Also they had a nice seen of the supra chasing the XR650's.

The 2nd one I thought was stupid. I only really went to see it for the mustang and it ended up being crushed in the first 5 minutes of the movie.

The 3rd one I didn't think was too bad, but if they had better car it would be alright. The viper was nice though. I'm not into the whole tuner/ricer thing or whatever you guys call them these days.

KXRida
06-26-2006, 05:31 AM
then thats the only point i was reallly trying to make...17-15 seconds is what those cars will run...and to those people thinking 400 hp is fast, that wont even get you in the 11 second and under range :rolleyes: ....right nacsracer??

running a 15-17 second car is pretty much just making an *** out of yourself. There is a video on the interenet that shows a cavalier (sp?) racing a civic, then a cobra burns by them in the turning lane. A stock cobra only makes 360 hp (atleast the older ones did)

I'm with cody too, I'll stick to mudding my lifted ranger

250R-Dee
06-26-2006, 06:27 AM
Honda86 - you are totally lost! 400hp in a 4000lb ledsled will not get you into the 11second range but 400hp in a 1800~2000lb vehicle will definitely turn you into a believer of POWER to WEIGHT RATIO. Once again you are speaking with a closed mind that does not seem to be capable of comprehending new knowledge or does not have a desire to assimilate information that will help alleviate your obvious defeciencies.

Ignorance of a subject is forgivable because it is impossible for a person to have knowledge of everything that exist in the world. But the failure to educate yourself after having the aforementioned lack of knowledge brought to your attention in a clear and concise manner is absolutely inexcusable. It is now clear that you only want to bring negativity to this thread by continously making the same pointless reply that is somewhat off topic.

Am I bashing Honda86? Yes, because I am hoping he will make an effort to correct his overabundance of misinformation and/or lack of the correct information.

Nacsracer - this thread is getting boring! Please add some humor ASAP!!:macho

Blue250X
06-26-2006, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by TRX250RJapan
Honda86 - you are totally lost! 400hp in a 4000lb ledsled will not get you into the 11second range but 400hp in a 1800~2000lb vehicle will definitely turn you into a believer of POWER to WEIGHT RATIO. Once again you are speaking with a closed mind that does not seem to be capable of comprehending new knowledge or does not have a desire to assimilate information that will help alleviate your obvious defeciencies.

Ignorance of a subject is forgivable because it is impossible for a person to have knowledge of everything that exist in the world. But the failure to educate yourself after having the aforementioned lack of knowledge brought to your attention in a clear and concise manner is absolutely inexcusable. It is now clear that you only want to bring negativity to this thread by continously making the same pointless reply that is somewhat off topic.

Am I bashing Honda86? Yes, because I am hoping he will make an effort to correct his overabundance of misinformation and/or lack of the correct information.

Nacsracer - this thread is getting boring! Please add some humor ASAP!!:macho

oh my god!! huge words!! haha, dude, u have like the biggest vocabulary ever

Warnerade
06-26-2006, 02:07 PM
Am I bashing Honda86? Yes, because I am hoping he will make an effort to correct his overabundance of misinformation and/or lack of the correct information. might as well go tell an elephant to jump over an 8ft high private fence.

Honda...like japan already said, why exactly do you keep repeating the SAME information, in just about every post...and every time coming to the same conclusion that is, like already stated...somewhat off topic....

I might start calling you 400exrules#2

Iliketogofast
06-26-2006, 02:58 PM
oh my god!! huge words!! haha, dude, u have like the biggest vocabulary ever

Yeah. Here's a word for him - grandiloquence... Look it up. ;)

250R-Dee
06-26-2006, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Iliketogofast
Yeah. Here's a word for him - grandiloquence... Look it up. ;)

There is no need for me to look it up because I am familar with the words from which grandiloquence is derived.

grandiloquence - pompous or overly extravagant manner of conversing :D but it can also be used to describe someone or something in general.

grandiloquence = grandiloquus (latin) which is the combination of grandis + loqui.

I guess I actually learned something in those junior high and high school latin classes that were supposed to make my transcripts look better.. :D

Iliketogofast - don't put your dictionary away because I think there is a picture of you in the description of the word "BLEAT":blah:

What was the original topic of discussion?
Wasn't it something like: If you breed a cucumber with a tomato the offspring the will be a fruit?:D

06-26-2006, 03:34 PM
japan i didnt even say anythign about the weight so now your just trying to make up a variable to prove a point, obviously the weight does matter but i am trying to be a general as i can, there are exceptions to every rule... and i have to repeat myself cuz in the earlier pages everyone was talking about how fast 400hp cars are and what not and to i think it was iliketogofast, saying a 500 hp car is something to brag about? it really isnt, and yes 500 hp is a fair amount of HP for the road...but thats it...just the road, for your everyday driving you dont need 400,500,or 600 HP... alot of people that have 450hp street legal cars and brag about them cuz either they dont have enough money to build a fast drag car, or they are scard of them...there are very very few people on this board that have gone truly....fast...i wasnt sure who it was, i think it was nacsracer that said he wait around the track be4 he races, i just wanna know what exactly do you drag? times? MPH?....i am seriously curious to all those people that are bashing on me to honestly post the fastest thing they have ever been in or drivin that has givin them a rush?? (if you choose not to answer, i understand, the ford bronco has a whole lot of balls)

and yes nacsracer i could be making alot worst posts too, i am trying to be appropriate as possible in these silly threads

but please post the fastest cars, sled, quad, whatever it might be everyone here has experienced then maybe we will see who has experience in fast cars and who just sits at home and studys the dictionary right jap250r

250R-Dee
06-26-2006, 04:21 PM
There is no need for me to study a dictionary. I have no problem with comprehension or recollection. The things that I have learned over the years can be recalled with ease :blah:. If I am ignorant of a certain subject I always make my best effort to educate myself or find someone who can provide me with the correct information.

Nowadays 400~800whp cars can be driven on the roads with relative ease thanks to AWD, traction control, better tires and other items of that nature.

Fastest car I have driven - 800whp twin turbo Porsche 928 S4
Fastest car I have ridden in - 1300whp '93 R32 Skyline GTR (300kph)
My friends fast cars - STREET LEGAL500~1300whp range: R32/33/34GTR's (12), twin turbo NSX (2), FD3S RX-7 (6), Nissan Silvia/180SX (too many to list), turbo Hondas (entirely too may to list).... if you would like I can list all of them including the friends in the US.

My personally owned fastest vehicle- ProStreet '54 Ford truck. It ran 10.88 on the first run with ease back in '90. I got kicked off of the track because I didn't have the proper safety equipment or a license to run 10.99 or quicker. I had no idea how fast the truck would be because I didn't build the motor. The motor and tranny were b'day presents from a family friend who has been building drag cars since the early 60's.

Current vehicles - 500+hp Honda Integra, (daily beater) 300+hp Lancer EVO IV

Why do most people stop at the 450~500whp level? This is were you have to get serious. Axles become twigs, transmissions become paperweights, aftermarket internals are a must and so forth. If you are not racing at the track every weekend there is no need for a $6k transmission, $20000~$4000 clutch, $500~$2000 axles, $1000~$4000 ECU, $2000~$5000 in suspension parts, $1500~$6000 in brake parts, safety equipment (rollcage, fire suppressors, fireproof gear)... blah blah blah.

For many people it is an addiction they can not overcome so they have no problems devoting many hours and dollars to their beloved hobby.

Since the word Japanese is too long for you to type (you used the derogatory word Jap), my name is Dee and I am an american.

06-26-2006, 04:47 PM
still a jap 2 me :p

but i am pretty impressed with what you have expereinced i will say that...was 10 sec the fatsest you have gone (just curious)....

Warnerade
06-26-2006, 05:40 PM
japan i didnt even say anythign about the weight so now your just trying to make up a variable to prove a point, obviously the weight does matter but i am trying to be a general as i can, there are exceptions to every rule... and i have to repeat myself cuz in the earlier pages everyone was talking about how fast 400hp cars are and what not and to i think it was iliketogofast, saying a 500 hp car is something to brag about? it really isnt, and yes 500 hp is a fair amount of HP for the road...but thats it...just the road, for your everyday driving you dont need 400,500,or 600 HP... alot of people that have 450hp street legal cars and brag about them cuz either they dont have enough money to build a fast drag car, or they are scard of them...there are very very few people on this board that have gone truly....fast...i wasnt sure who it was, i think it was nacsracer that said he wait around the track be4 he races, i just wanna know what exactly do you drag? times? MPH?....i am seriously curious to all those people that are bashing on me to honestly post the fastest thing they have ever been in or drivin that has givin them a rush?? (if you choose not to answer, i understand, the ford bronco has a whole lot of balls)

and yes nacsracer i could be making alot worst posts too, i am trying to be appropriate as possible in these silly threads

but please post the fastest cars, sled, quad, whatever it might be everyone here has experienced then maybe we will see who has experience in fast cars and who just sits at home and studys the dictionary right jap250r no no...I dont drag..I race fourwheelers, The race track is on the same lot as the drag strip..owned by the same people...in between my fourwheeler races I will walk over and watch a few...

I know I've never been in anything that will run 6 seconds...I would like to, but its not something I would pay the fee for.

My father has had quite a few cars since I've been on this earth, one car he has kept is an 88 twin turbo pontiac firebird...I have no idea what it runs...but I know it will beat our 99 vette.

06-26-2006, 06:07 PM
ok then....i wont even start the bashing i could so easily do to u...where do you race your quad at? what drag track is near by?

Warnerade
06-26-2006, 06:09 PM
give it your best shot scooter

MIlan Cycle City is where I race my fourwheeler at sometimes, mostly just practice there becuase it is close. It is located in Milan, Michigan.

250R-Dee
06-26-2006, 06:41 PM
still a jap 2 me :p

but i am pretty impressed with what you have expereinced i will say that...was 10 sec the fatsest you have gone (just curious)....

bwahahahahaha - Please explain how an american whose parents are 100% american and non-Japanese is a Jap??? The fact that I live in Japan does not change my nationality :D

The 10sec run in my '54 Ford was nothing when compared to my 300kph ride in the 1300whp GTR. This car supposedly tops out in the 320~330KPH range. 300kph = 186mph. The '54 Ford was sold to finance college tuition, books and lodging so my personal fast time in it is a traction limited 10.88 seconds. I am planning to build another '54 or '55 Ford Truck with a blown and injected 598ci (hogged out 460ci) after I move back to the US in a couple years.

Oops, I forgot about motorcycles! I have piloted a couple bikes to the 260kph range.

I still drag race at some of the local events on island but I enjoy hitting the curves a lot more. Circuit, mountain runs (closed to public driving) and Tarmac (pavement section) rally are a lot more exciting and require more skill than straight line driving.

06-26-2006, 07:00 PM
lol i was just teasing about the jap thing, dont have a cow :p :D (i had to say it)

when u said "The 10sec run in my '54 Ford was nothing when compared to my 300kph ride in the 1300whp GTR" thats what ive been trying to say from the start and prove my point like that, you can see how that ride stands out in your mind because its basically once in a lifetime ride and most people wont ever go that fast...thats what real drag racing is all about...and now think of that ride that u got to experience and compare it to the "fast and the furious" cars...i knwo your going to say they r for different purposes and they are but what i cant stand is when people say those cars are fast, thats basically all i was trying to prove, now are you seeing my side of the coin here?

gun32boarder
06-26-2006, 07:24 PM

I enjoy hitting the curves a lot more. Circuit, mountain runs (closed to public driving) and Tarmac (pavement section) rally are a lot more exciting and require more skill than straight line driving.

Thank you at least someone has the right auto racing on their mind.

400 SS EX
06-26-2006, 07:42 PM
Honda86, dude you have kind of gotten out of hand with this whole 400-600hp on the street isn't that fast. No its not a top fuel dragster, it doesn't cost near as f***ing much, can get a couple miles to the gallon not a couple hundred feet, many can handle relatively well, and all this can be done with the A/C on sitting on leather seats ( considering certain mercedes, Vettes, and decently modified high performace/high luxury cars). All this goes back to comparing apples with oranges. But if we wanna compare apples with oranges the fastest thing I have rode/ridden in is a 2003 Yamaha R1, which I still get to ride every once in awhile when my friend wants to ride my Magna cuz is back hurts, oh and it's pretty f***ing quick/fast/beautiful.

I hate going against you on this one since your younger, but I had to throw in my .02 cents.

250R-Dee
06-26-2006, 07:48 PM
Honda86 - I am about to say something that you will love! I hate thosee FnF cars. Everytime I see one of those fart can exhaust wearing mannequins I have to make an exerted effort to not break their neon thinga-ma-jiggers or pull off their sticker tunes. The park benches on the back of their cars are good for holding drinks, playing cards, arm wrastlin', and changing baby diapers, sleeping and kinds of fun non-car related stuff :D. If you guys saw some of the sticker-tuned drift cars over here you would probably have a seizure while laughing.

Funniest one to date - "Drifting Negros" - the entire club was Japanese. I was totally confused since I am black(75%) and american indian (Cherokee/Choctaw).

Don't worry, I didn't have a cow about the Japanese thing but I can read, write and speak Japanese:chinese:

Iliketogofast
06-26-2006, 07:58 PM

Iliketogofast - don't put your dictionary away because I think there is a picture of you in the description of the word "BLEAT":blah:

Well, you got me on bleat. I don't even know what that means... And I don't need a dictionary - I'm in college to be a writer. :cool:

KXRida
06-26-2006, 08:03 PM
not to get off topic, but trxjapan, do you still have the aussie 13:1 351 heads? My brother has been trying to track a set down for his 351w stroked to a 396 that he has in his ranger. If not he's going to look into trick flow or air flow research.

250R-Dee
06-26-2006, 09:11 PM
KXrida - My cousin bought all of my Ford parts. He put the motor and tranny in his wife's '69 Mustang. The 54' F100 now has a blown and injected 598ci big block rumbling in the engine bay.

Mx_523
06-26-2006, 10:46 PM

Current vehicles - 500+hp Honda Integra, (daily beater) 300+hp Lancer EVO IV

Can I see a picture of the Integra? I'm thinking about buying one.

Yee-Haw_400EX
06-26-2006, 11:57 PM
ORDER! ORDER IN THE COURT!

Why are we fighting about 400hp, 650hp, and 1000hp+ cars when 95% of us drive trucks and cars under 300 horse? Hell, I drive a tired 93 Ford Ranger with 160 horse. Who gives a ding dang darn how many horse you have? Man, I couldn't care less how fast someone else's car, truck, 4-wheeler, boat, or bicycle is. I know for sure I'm not made out of money. Hell, I wish I could brag that my family owns a "99 Vette" or a "twin turbo 88 T/A" or a "54 Ford" but they own a 2002 Ford F-150 and an 88 Cadillac DeVille. Normal, normal, normal working class family that is content with what they have and are proud of how they got it. I go out and take my Ranger on some mild trails every now and again and then turn around and drive it 30 miles on the interstate to work. Do I care if I get passed by a Civic with a huge exhaust tip and nitrous? Nope. Do I care if I get passed by a 2006 Mustang GT? No, but I'd rather get passed by a Mustang! Do I wish I had both of those cars? Not really. Insurance would be too much on a Mustang and can't do anything but drive a Civic on the streets. Does any of this make sense?

400exc
06-27-2006, 09:33 AM
well Yee-Haw_400EX, the people on here want there cars and trucks to go fast. So they talk about how much hp and stuff they have. but now this thread has just gotten into a stupid internet fight that will never be solved and worked out. I just asked for people opinions on the movie, but then it turned into their opinions on cars and such.

Lablatt
06-27-2006, 12:43 PM
and that is probably becuase you dont do those "better" things too often, do ya scooter? Too much dreaming about a "real" car.

Hes a member on F150online.com, check out the lightning section of the site, your sure to see him around. His truck is amazing, he also owns JLP.

Quad18star
06-27-2006, 02:01 PM
My girlfriend and I went to watch the movie on Sunday and it was alright ... not the best but not too bad . I think the movie would have been better if the main character wouldn't have had such a southern accent and if he acted a little bit better .

The actual driving and drifting scenes really impressed me . It's pretty amazing to watch as the guys fly around those corners .

Dropping an import motor into american muscle made me shake my head . Theres just some things in life that should never happen .... that was one of them !!!!

Warnerade
06-27-2006, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Yee-Haw_400EX
Hell, I wish I could brag that my family owns a "99 Vette" or a "twin turbo 88 T/A" or a "54 Ford" I was bragging?

There was never really an arguement in this thread guys...I really do wish people would quit saying that...it was nothing more than a good debate...

Warnerade
06-27-2006, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
The actual driving and drifting scenes really impressed me . It's pretty amazing to watch as the guys fly around those corners .

Dropping an import motor into american muscle made me shake my head . Theres just some things in life that should never happen .... that was one of them !!!! I agree...expecialy on the import into the american muscle...Would that car even be able to drift that good?

mx428
06-27-2006, 02:45 PM
Because George Bush hates black people.