PDA

View Full Version : turndown endcap on e-series

300EXroostking
08-14-2002, 11:38 AM
Will i lose any power if i get a turn down endcap for my e-series pipe then make it straight through. Also would i lose/gain any power if i cut it down to make it a shorty and how much should i cut

UglyMotha™
08-14-2002, 11:59 AM
take 4 / 5" off of it, it will make your low end a little more torqyer and it will be quite a bit louder too, i dunn about the turn down though i have often thought about getting one cause discs are just a pain in the:huh

Smoker
08-14-2002, 06:46 PM
I made a shorty with the turndown tip and have been pleased with it. I changed a lot of other stuff at the same time so I couldn't tell you the results. It's a bit louder and flows better so top end has to be improved. Make sure you jet a little richer if you do.:p

hogglett
08-14-2002, 07:39 PM
Check out the pic of mine over on the EX racing forum under MX tracks in KY . I didnt want to cut quite that much off but a buddy of mine had already made a major dent in it and that happened to be where the dent stopped but i love the performance of it although I think it is a little loud to be just out trail riding I do have disks for that just in case i hit the trails

as for jetting Before I changed the engine any I was running a 180 main
46 pilot
needle in the middle clip
fuel screw 2 turns out
and no air box lid

eldoexrider01
08-14-2002, 08:40 PM
correct me if im wrong but isnt the turn down end cap a dummy turn down. cuz i saw one in the catalog wit the discs and was told it was a solid end plate wit a turn down on it.. is this true or was i mislead?????

hogglett
08-14-2002, 08:54 PM
mis lead