PDA

View Full Version : won't start...whats wrong?

yeller_05_400ex
06-19-2006, 01:53 PM
Alright, here's the story short and to the point... I wrecked my 400 on friday....not too bad, it rolled 1 1/2 times or 2 1/2 times, one or the other, either way it landed upside down. And i got back on to start it and it wouldn't even turn over. The handle bars got bent down just a little bit, but nothin too bad. But it has nothin to do with the battery because when I turn the key on the headlights and taillight still come on....but also when the key is on the neutral light and reverse indicator lights will not come on. I am havin one of my friends that has good knowledge on quads and also has an 02 400ex come over tonite and take a look at it before I call for an appt. and spend money that may not even be need to be spent. I hope its somethin little that i can fix by just fixing wires (or whatever it may be) and buyin new handle bars. But I am hoping that someone around here has had a simliar experience and knows whats wrong...any input will be greatly appreciated!!
thanks, landon

GPracer2500
06-19-2006, 02:14 PM
Blown fuse?

GPracer2500
06-19-2006, 02:16 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=238266

06-19-2006, 02:41 PM
check the connections under the nose. make sure all 3 are still connected

yeller_05_400ex
06-20-2006, 11:48 AM
I feel like a complete idiot now!! Thanks alot for that thread though, I still read it! Anyways lastnite when my friend came over he got it runnin somehow...he said it was still locked in 3rd gear (which was what gear I was in when i wrecked) Anyways I thought it was weird how I got it in Neutral and pushed it back to my house and it wouldn't start then...somethin had to have gotten knocked around. Anyhow, I have some damage....my handlebars are pretty bent and my steering stem is bent back towards my seat so I'm gonna have to take it in and get all that fixed.

I found stock steering stems on ebay for 50 bucks + 10 bucks shipping....and then I also found some aftermarket ones that cost up to 200 bucks. Im gonna find out how much they cost at the dealership before I do anything. Have any of you had to put a new steering stem in? Is it hard? Thanks again!