PDA

View Full Version : Need help..450r oil capacities

06-19-2006, 09:19 AM
I just got a 450r and am going to change the oil in it. My owners manual is being shipped to me as we speak. The only question I have is, how much to put in? Is there a way to check your level or do you just measure it out before you put it in?I heard 600cc's to put in the tranny, I dont know what you guys think, but that does not look like very much oil. I do not think you would want to fill it up to the add hole, but maybe I am wrong, maybe you want to fill it as much as you can.

Thanks

HAVOK
06-19-2006, 10:21 AM
It is around 650ml for the tranny and 850-900ml for the motor

06-19-2006, 10:25 AM
fill it up until it comes out in a steady stream then cap the hole, dont put too much in it, but make sure its a steady stream and not just a small drip or something

as for the engine, use the sight glass, then let it run for 5 minutes, check the sight glass again, and fill until up to the H mark, then your done :macho

06-19-2006, 10:54 AM
yurik- are you talking about the check bolt....making sure a steady stream is running out of there?

Is there a blow-by or a weep hole anywhere if you overfill it? what will happen if you have it too full?

Ken Klosterman
06-19-2006, 01:26 PM
On the engine side with an oil filter change it is 750 cc exactly to the top mark on the oil level glass. No muss, no fuss, just grab your new quart of oil and add the correct amout by reading the marks on the side of your oil bottle and your good to go. Try it out - doesn't get much easier..

I believe on the trans side it is 650 cc's. If you buy the honda trans fluid in the red bottle it has a narrow tip on it so you won't have to use a funnel either and it has cc marks on the side of it also.

The trans fluid check bolt is right below the trans filler hole. It has a phillips head slot in it and it is I believe a 10 mm bolt outside. Just make sure you wad some paper towels in by the frame below the check hole so when the trans fluid runs out of the check hole it doesn't make a mess. As you get close to the 650 cc filled amount don't add too much at a time. If you get carried away it will take a while for it to drain and no good way to catch what is coming out the check hole. Hope this helps.

Ken K