PDA

View Full Version : scared to jump high???

400eXr1d3rZ
06-19-2006, 06:28 AM
Is there anybody here who likes to jump but is scared to go to high???

Im scared ****less to jump too high, from a bad experiance on a dirtbike. I want to race quads, but i keep saying to myself im gonna look like an *** only jumping 5 feet in the air.

hartnett18
06-19-2006, 06:30 AM
so why are you scared?

JRP
06-19-2006, 06:31 AM
for me, im scared of climbing ladders but im ok jumping 10+ feet in the air.

400eXr1d3rZ
06-19-2006, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by hartnett18
so why are you scared?

Becuase I was riding my rm-125 at some track (idk where) and I thought I was jumping a double ( looked like a double) and it was a triple, well i cleared the double part, and i smashed into the last part.

ever sence then i was scared to jump high

EDIT: i didnt even understand what i jsut said , kinda hard to explain becuase im a dumbass, so heres some ****ty example

250xridamatt
06-19-2006, 06:53 AM
Dont let a past wreck keep you from doing what you enjoy. You just have to build back up to the bigger stuff. My friends little singles used to scare the crap out of me when I first started riding. Now Im doing 60+ ft jumps. Just slowly start doing bigger jumps when you get comfortable with it, try the next biggest one.

400eXr1d3rZ
06-19-2006, 07:21 AM
[i]Originally posted by 250xridamatt [/B]
Dont let a past wreck keep you from doing what you enjoy. You just have to build back up to the bigger stuff. My friends little singles used to scare the crap out of me when I first started riding. Now Im doing 60+ ft jumps. Just slowly start doing bigger jumps when you get comfortable with it, try the next biggest one.

I dont know what to say to this. But it makes me just think the next time i ride im gonna finally start jumping higher. IDK how to explain it

Yfz450dan
06-19-2006, 08:45 AM
I get scared sometimes but,when i get to a new jump thats big, i hit it and land 1/4,then1/2 then3/4 the way then the next time around i just give it all.Plus im young and dont need to worry about some other things older guys woorie about like,there job,wife,kids if i get hurt. so if your still young dont worry about it!But then again dont be stupid and go beond what u can do!

Trevor
06-19-2006, 10:45 AM
I can't jump high either when I get 3 feet of air it seems like so much more. Then when I see pics it looks like nothing.

trick250r
06-19-2006, 10:56 AM
if you're worried about coming up short or overjumping, follow someone else out on the track that jumps everything... it'll give you a good idea of how to do jump the right distance/hieght. thats what i did untill i learned how to read the jumps better.

XCAdam89
06-19-2006, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by JRP
for me, im scared of climbing ladders but im ok jumping 10+ feet in the air.

I'm the EXACT same way! I hate climbing ladders to get to the roof of a house, but If I just climb out of a window onto the roof, I'm fine. I'm fine going on 400 foot roller coasters, jumping BMX Bikes, Quad's, ect. I just HATE ladders, I guess I just like being high up, just not the steps it takes to get up there.

Same deal with a plane, I like flying once you get up there, but the climb up to the air is what gets to me....

DJJ450r
06-19-2006, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
Is there anybody here who likes to jump but is scared to go to high???

Im scared ****less to jump too high, from a bad experiance on a dirtbike. I want to race quads, but i keep saying to myself im gonna look like an *** only jumping 5 feet in the air. I think you should race XC:blah: :macho

660Grizz04
06-19-2006, 11:46 AM
Just keep practicing, and look over the jumps before you decide to hit them .....

DieselBoy
06-19-2006, 11:58 AM
haaaaaa! i used to jump on my yz250 and the one time i really effed it up...well lets just say i really cant jump anymore my back is destroyed so think about it. once you push your luck, that's it-game over.