PDA

View Full Version : Handling questions

ajd187
06-18-2006, 10:07 PM
I am considering buying a 450R. Right now I have a KFX700 that I ride on an MX track (please spare the giggles :) ) and it handles like the beast that it is.

I looked at both the 450R and the YFZ. To me (at 6-2, 240), the YFZ feels like small. However the R is a much nicer fit.

One thing that does concern me is that all the magazine shootouts I have read say that the 450R is the worst handling of the three. How is the handling compared to YFZ? I realize that either one will be a trillion times better than what I have now. :)

eganracing
06-18-2006, 11:01 PM
well in stock trim it might be a little tippy for the mx track but i like the way mine handles with extended a-arms and axle.

d3ktrix
06-18-2006, 11:12 PM
A lot of people say the R feels tippy but when I ride my stock R and my friends stock YFZ on the MX track I feel much more stable on my R.
It is probably just because I am used to it, but I feel like I can wip my R around much more on the track.
And with the HRC kit my R feels like it has much bigger balls then his YFZ =)

It is all rider prefence tho, ride both if you can before you buy.
They both have a very different feel to them and very different power.

One thing I give the YFZ over the R is the rear shock is a lot nicer.

JW450R1
06-19-2006, 04:48 AM
i guys r right.ride both and find out which ever one u r comforatable on.i like my 450r with the axle,a-arms,shocks,and rear linkage.the yammi does set lower which will handle better on the track in stock mod,until the r gets the sus.

ajd187
06-19-2006, 04:01 PM
I rode a YFZ some time ago. It felt like the power was good. But the seat was like a board and I don't enjoy reaching down to grab the handlebars. :) That is why I was thinking of the R instead -- it's just big enough to be comfy.