PDA

View Full Version : Worst Day of My Life

JRP
06-18-2006, 08:34 PM
well i was excited to be seeing my sister today for the 1sttime in a week, shes pretty much my best friend. She was at beach week in SC, and this moring we got a call, and they said they were in a car accident and were hurt.:( They were driving a 15 passenger bus(almost like a church bus) and the driver fell asleep and rolled the car, and unfortunatley my sister got thrown out of the vehicle. We rushed down there(5hrs) to see her. She was the worst hurt. She sustained only bruised lungs and a severly bad sprained foot. The has abraishons(sp) and cuts and bruises all over her. The other kids are completely fine. No broken bones or many cuts. Just scratches. If they were to of gone 50more yds they would of hit an overpass. Thankfully god was watching over them and saved all of their lives. I never really realized how much i loved her till this day, and realized life is short and you need to make the most of it. PS: if my writning is messed up its because im shaking like crazy. Also if anyone has been into a bad car crash is there anyway to make the trauma any better? Like from the whiplash. She can barely walk at all and when she does walk its like extremely small steps. They also did all the x-rays and catscans and they all turned out positive. Thanks for reading

Mxjunkie
06-18-2006, 08:36 PM
Sorry to hear Pepper, tell her I hope she recovers fast!

06-18-2006, 08:39 PM
Hope she recovers fast

JRP
06-18-2006, 08:44 PM
thanks, it brings me almost to tears watchin her try to walk and be strong but she cant. She takes a few steps and then gets tears in her eyes.:( :( :( :( :(

JRP
06-18-2006, 08:45 PM
saddest part is she jus graduated last weekend from high school

YFZ450Ridr
06-18-2006, 08:46 PM
that really sucks man. goes to show you how much somebody really means to you. hope she gets better quick!

yellowzo3
06-18-2006, 08:49 PM
i wish her a fast and healthy recovery! im sorry i dont really have any advice to give other than to try and make her life easy with getting stuff for her and everything so she doesnt have to strain herself.

xtremefullbore
06-18-2006, 08:51 PM
I was in a similiar accident with my sisters 2 summers ago we were heading home from my american legion baseball game and decided to go to our summer house which is about 70 miles away from our house in St. Louis and we got about 10 miles away from the summer house and my sister feel asleep and we rolled her brand new Sebring 4 times and I was the worse hurt becase I was in the backseat and got the back window smashed in my head and had a concussion and bruised ribs, but I still have glass marks in the back of my head, but once I was in that wreck driving has always been diff. and life too you never know when death can come so you live everyday like it could be the last.

JRP
06-18-2006, 08:52 PM
thanks once again. Im always asking if i can do anything for her but she never needs anything. Shes extremely exhausted. The driver fell asleep and when she hit the bumps on the side of highways she woke up and curved then over corrected and she flew out of the car. The night before last they all got 2hrs of sleep and last night they didnt sleep at all. They also didnt have any of their seatbelts on either.:(

BlasterEaten250
06-18-2006, 09:06 PM
Sorry to hear that, I hate when things like that happen:( It could have been a lot worse though.

LittleMissE
06-18-2006, 09:34 PM
Its upseting to hear stories like that!!! I hope she recovers quick!!!

tar
06-18-2006, 09:36 PM
I hope she recovers to full health quickly. You know she will.

Punk'd
06-18-2006, 11:06 PM
I hope she recovers fast bro..

Just thank god shes still with you:(

Aceman
06-18-2006, 11:13 PM
That's terrible man. Best you can do is hope for a speedy recovery.:(

That brings up the next question. Why is somebody that tired driving a vanload of people around? If she was that tired she should of pulled off. I'm not the suehappy lawyer type, but that's BS. I would raise hell, I know this doesn't help your sister get better but if you do something about it now it might prevent another accident from happening in the future. It's ridiculous to let someone that tired drive other people's kids around.

2002400ex
06-18-2006, 11:34 PM
My cousin just graduated high school and yesterday she had a wreck and totaled her pretty much brand new bmw. it is a scary thought having someone close to u involved in a car accident.

JRP
06-19-2006, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by Aceman
That's terrible man. Best you can do is hope for a speedy recovery.:(

That brings up the next question. Why is somebody that tired driving a vanload of people around? If she was that tired she should of pulled off. I'm not the suehappy lawyer type, but that's BS. I would raise hell, I know this doesn't help your sister get better but if you do something about it now it might prevent another accident from happening in the future. It's ridiculous to let someone that tired drive other people's kids around.

I know what you mean, but were just trying to get my sister healthy again. We were pretty close to the drivers family so we wouldnt take those actions. But actually this morning she is doing really good. Shes walkin a little better and talking, and shes tryin to move some more.

fasterblaster09
06-19-2006, 07:16 AM
sorry to hear that, I wish her a speedy recovery

zedicus00
06-19-2006, 07:52 AM
there is a bright side to all this, it strengthens yur family bond and is just a little reminder as to how much you all really love each other... hope she has a speedy recovery man, theres nothing like family to help somone heal....

WhiteYFZ
06-19-2006, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie

parkers30
06-19-2006, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by JRP
I know what you mean, but were just trying to get my sister healthy again. We were pretty close to the drivers family so we wouldnt take those actions. But actually this morning she is doing really good. Shes walkin a little better and talking, and shes tryin to move some more.

meaning that it was just one of the group of friend driving the 'bus' as you call it? was it a 15 passenger van?

I wish her a quick recovery

400exstud
06-19-2006, 08:53 AM
Only time can help. I was in a real bad crash about 9 months ago(not my fault) and we are just setteling the insurence claim. It took my neck about 5 months to heel from the whiplash and 8 months for my broken wrist to heel.

Johnny & Monica
06-19-2006, 09:00 AM
I wish her a speedy recovery too. It takes along time to recover from a wreck like that. Not only physically but emotionally. When I was 18 I was involved in a one vehicle accident as a passenger. The driver and another passenger both were killed. For months afterwards it was difficult to even get in a vehicle. Every little bump would set your mind back to the accident, trying to hit the brakes from the passenger seat.

exrider008
06-19-2006, 09:09 AM
im really sorry to hear that. i dont know what i would do if something like that happend to my sis. i hope she makes a full recovery.

Yfz450dan
06-19-2006, 09:18 AM
sorry to here that man?I will keep her in my prayers!:(

JRP
06-19-2006, 12:29 PM
thanks everyone. Yes it was a 15 passenger van. Her friend was driving and she is the one who fell asleep. God must of been watching over her and i think he wants her to do something big in her life. The doctors said she is VERY lucky to be alive. Shes walking around little by little. She said she just gets nasueas(sp?) when she moves alot. She is also on muscle relaxers(:blah: ) haha.

culookn
06-19-2006, 12:56 PM
no car accident is ever good but im glad to hear she will be ok. keep supporting her and be strong b/c shes going to need it.

JRP
06-19-2006, 02:41 PM
thanks, she said whenever she trys to sleep or when she closes her eyes she hears the flipping of the van and the screaming of all the people. The weird thing is that everyone else is perfectly fine. I mean there all a little sore but nothing major. The other weird thing is, she was sitting in the middle of the van in the middel seat, and there were ppl sitting to the right and to the left of her. And she managed to still fly out. There was only 2 windows broke in the van, and she dosent think the doctors found any glass in her.:confused: So were trying to think if the door of the van opened up and thats where she flew out. Were just glad that nothing major happened, like the van hitting her, or her getting thrown out into traffic and getting hit by a car. But overall she is just extremely sore. Thanks once again.:)

79400ex
06-19-2006, 07:50 PM
It's will take tiime to get over the soreness. How she feeling .

JRP
06-19-2006, 08:01 PM
shes been in and out of sleeping all day. She just said she is really tired. I think the muscel relaxers are knockin her out. Her back is just killing her really bad, along with her arms. The doctor said just to keep an eye on her lungs to make sure she is breathing ok. But she said she isnt having any trouble breathing, so thats a good thing.

procircuit406ex
06-19-2006, 08:08 PM
sorry to hear man:(

Holsh
06-19-2006, 08:29 PM
yea these kind of things suck in life. I can remember the day I got the phone call next to my dad five years ago when he was told his brother died in a motorcycle accident. that was a bad day. I hope she gets well fast and has no further problems

Honda TRX250ex
06-19-2006, 10:09 PM
I hope she get well soon pepper

Doober
06-19-2006, 10:14 PM
i hope shes makes a good recovery

Blue250X
06-20-2006, 07:36 AM
hey man, that sucks bad:( but the way your talkin shell be fine, i hope she gets better fast man

quads14589
06-20-2006, 10:06 AM
hope she gets better soon!

JRP
06-20-2006, 10:06 AM
i think she will make a full recovery soon. Shes walking alot more, and she can move alot better. She is just really tired and when she moves alot or walks for a little bit, she gets sick. Like dizzy and neasusa(sp?)

400exchick
06-20-2006, 10:32 AM
Good to see she's making progress. I'm sure she appreciates you being this concerned about her. Hang in there :)

JRP
06-20-2006, 11:19 AM
thanks, she jus needs alot of help

JRP
06-21-2006, 08:25 AM
well now shes complaining about pain in her stomach. Like behind her ribs something is bothering her. We dont know if we should take her to the hospital or anything. She does have a pulminary contusion(bruised) on her lung. She hasnt felt that pain untill last night. Any clues on what could be bothering her?

BlasterEaten250
06-21-2006, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by JRP
well now shes complaining about pain in her stomach. Like behind her ribs something is bothering her. We dont know if we should take her to the hospital or anything. She does have a pulminary contusion(bruised) on her lung. She hasnt felt that pain untill last night. Any clues on what could be bothering her? when my dad cracked his ribs when he crashed his 4-wheeler, the ribs punctured a lung. And he said it was a horrible pain.

Again, I hope she gets better soon!:)

JRP
08-09-2006, 08:01 PM
UPDATE: Its been about a month since the accident and she has had numerous doc appts. She is still having foot, and back problems. When she was in the hospital in NC they ran catscans, xrays, MRI's etc.. Everything showed up fine, but they missed the biggest thing, her back is broken:grr: :mad: :ermm: . A part of her spinal cord broke, and right where that piece is floating around, is where be back is swollen and killing her. The docs said they cant do anything about it... She still cant move her foot up and down and cant move her last 3toes. She is starting physical therepy soon. She is upset because she is looking forward to her first yr of college for fun, but now she has to go to physical therepy on campus, and always will have doc appts. She was wearing a boot, but the doc said to take it off, and keep it off. He said her foot will be swelling for atleast 5months.:macho :ermm:

Dune Surfer
08-09-2006, 08:15 PM
Thank God she is OK, could have been much worse. Give her a little time, she will be OK

Mx_523
08-09-2006, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie

Nick shupe
08-09-2006, 08:22 PM
I hate to hear that pepper I hope she get's better soon

JRP
08-09-2006, 09:21 PM
thanks you guys, she back walkin normal, back to work, pretty much everything she use to do.

xtullyx16
08-09-2006, 09:46 PM
man thats horrible... i hope shes getts better quick and her back heals fast! I remember when 3 of my best friends got in a wreck.. no one knew what happened and they were saying one of them died.. i remember laying in my bed crying and beatin the hsit outta the wall cause i thought my b/f had died.. thats the worst feeling in the world cause u couldnt have done anything! Made me really think how short life can be.. but they were all fine.. like ur sis will be.. just give her time to heal! good luck

08-09-2006, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by JRP
thanks you guys, she back walkin normal, back to work, pretty much everything she use to do.
That's good hear...
Hope she gets back in full recovery

Mean250r
08-10-2006, 06:34 AM
this thread is so old :eek2: