PDA

View Full Version : Rear Brake On Blaster ....

660Grizz04
06-18-2006, 07:11 PM
When i got my blaster there was no rear brake caliper on it .... I got a stock of off another blaster, The back bolt lines up , but the front of the caliper hits on the bolt that bolts the bearing carrier to the swing arm .... so the caliper wont go down far enough for me to get the bolt in .... I dont understand why? It looks like it has some kind of extension from the swing arm to the carrier .... Could this be why, its the only reason i can think of .... I let my buddy borrow my camera so im sorta screwed about gettin pics. I'll try to get it back tomorrow and snap a quick pic.

zedicus00
06-19-2006, 06:36 AM
without seeing it its hard to say. my best guess is adjust the chain, by doing so thouse bolt holes will move a little bit and should give you enuf clearence to fit...

660Grizz04
06-19-2006, 08:55 AM
Oh, Man i forgot all about that .... If i could just turn the carrier back it would probaly work .... I'll give that a try and let you know ....

blaster205
06-23-2006, 07:32 AM
r those brakes your putting hydrolic? if no they are not even worth putting on they will work for about 2 months then quit and so on i did tht with mine for 2 years then i jst put hydrolics brakes on the rear and they stop so much better adn i never have to take them apart and adjust them

660Grizz04
06-23-2006, 09:43 AM
Naw, there just normal blaster brakes, i have banshee hydraulic brakes i just need to get a new mounting plate made .... So the stockers arent even worth it ... Well, thanks for saving my time ....

blaster205
06-23-2006, 11:07 AM
yea no prob but yea they are definetly not worth your time

wdodge
07-03-2006, 08:17 PM
Any body got a Blaster stock rear brake caliper for sale??

If you still want help, I can help - need pics though.
If you can't get it working or switch to hydraulic, let me know what you want for the stock caliper............

660Grizz04
07-04-2006, 10:59 AM
I have a stock caliper on ebay .... Its at like 23 bucks i think ....

lilhickboy
11-14-2006, 09:25 AM
i need to sell my blaster it has a dg pro circuit pipe and header new reeds new clutch cable new front brake cable just bought two days ago it comes with a gas tank two fenders and a front bumper all it needs is some back brake work

i need to sell this blaster so i can buy a motor for my 1983 chevy one ton with a four inch lift and 35 in tires