PDA

View Full Version : tc racing pipe for 250ex

the_coop
06-18-2006, 06:39 PM
i was wondering if tc racing made a pipe for a 04 250ex i really like this exhaust on the 450rs and stuff

MX300ex
06-18-2006, 07:58 PM
dought it

BlasterEaten250
06-18-2006, 09:09 PM
Dont think so, but sparks does...

ryanh250ex
06-19-2006, 07:10 AM
doubt TC makes one but i know for a fact that both sparks and duncan both make 250ex exhausts.

drifterx
06-20-2006, 09:56 PM
TC look nice but i heared they were insanely loud. I'm about 90% positive they don't make a 250ex pipe. I'd get a sparks or HMF if i were you, they are great pipes, and are available for your 250ex.

chapmanmd
06-21-2006, 06:32 AM
I dont mean to pee in your wheaties here, but the TC and the Sparks are high performance, closed circuit pipes that respond very well to other mods, but the downside is, they are very loud (read irresponsible for recreational use on public land).

If you want a recreational pipe for your recreational quad that will still provide nice increases in power along with a filter and jet change, I would consider the WB or the HMF. Theyre both great pipes and wont piss of "the man" if you ride on public land.

Just my $.02 worth. Your mileage may vary.

BlasterEaten250
06-21-2006, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by chapmanmd
I dont mean to pee in your wheaties here, but the TC and the Sparks are high performance, closed circuit pipes that respond very well to other mods, but the downside is, they are very loud (read irresponsible for recreational use on public land).

If you want a recreational pipe for your recreational quad that will still provide nice increases in power along with a filter and jet change, I would consider the WB or the HMF. Theyre both great pipes and wont piss of "the man" if you ride on public land.

Just my $.02 worth. Your mileage may vary. Thats very true. I hate loud pipes too, but when I read he wanted a tc pipe,I figured that loud wouldn't matter where he rides. An HMF on the 250ex is like 102 db's without the quiet core, and like 97-98 with it in I think. So that is still not that quiet. The whitebrothers e-series is a very quiet pipe though.

06-22-2006, 06:29 PM
Please do not listen to any of the people saying things about other pipes. Definetly go for the Big Gun Evo X Exhaust. It has a silencer that you can take in and out. It gives you a crapload of extra hp, and when the silencer is off it souds as loud as a harley. I have this exhaust on my 2003 Honda 250ex Sportraxx.

chapmanmd
06-23-2006, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by ThatGuy123
Please do not listen to any of the people saying things about other pipes. Definetly go for the Big Gun Evo X Exhaust. It has a silencer that you can take in and out. It gives you a crapload of extra hp, and when the silencer is off it souds as loud as a harley. I have this exhaust on my 2003 Honda 250ex Sportraxx.

Please tell me your credentials and such that would lead you to make a statement in which you indicate that the poster should not to listen to anyone else. I would be interested in reviewing or hearing about any actual tests that you have performed on a dyno or at least side by side comparisons on equal quads that would quantify your results.

Im not trying to flame you or start an ugly thread here. Some of us actually have had pipes like Yoshi, WB, and others on a dyno and against decibel meters at races and know of what we speak. I am sure that the Big Gun is a fine pipe. I have never had one on a dyno so I cant say one way or another how it performs against anything else.

To say that someone should not listen to anyone else because you have a certain product on your quad, and you like it, is borderline irresponsible. People have opinions and are entitled to express them. Just my $.02 worth. Your mileage may vary.

Have a nice day.

Ryanwolfe911
06-23-2006, 10:26 AM
WERD. I love how ppl think just cause they have a certain product, that everything else sucks. I can tell you though, I have had 5 different pipes on my 300ex and they were all loud as hell. I had a DG, FMF, HMF, Supertrap IDS2 and a big gun. I fianlly setteled ont he Supertrapp, just because of the look and tuneabilty. But even with the minimum amount of dics, it's still terribly loud and does piss off my neighbors. I don't ride it that much, because I understand that not everyone like quads and doesn't want to hear some loud fartpipe blasting up and down the street. Tell you the truth, I enjoy riding my beat up old 86 200SX alot more, cause it's quiet and has not manual clutch.