PDA

View Full Version : +2 shocks on stock arms

Shift_450R
06-18-2006, 05:27 PM
What would happen if i put elkas that were valved for +2 arms and a 170lb rider on my standard travel arms? I weigh 185lbs by the way.

krt400ex
06-18-2006, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Shift_450R
What would happen if i put elkas that were valved for +2 arms and a 170lb rider on my standard travel arms? I weigh 185lbs by the way.

it would be a pain in the @$$ to get them on because u'd have to compress the shocks two inches to mount them. it would probably ride a bit stiff because they are already partly compressed. and they probably wear out quicker because they will always be pertly compressed. not sure though. never tried.

Shift_450R
06-18-2006, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by krt400ex
it would be a pain in the @$$ to get them on because u'd have to compress the shocks two inches to mount them. it would probably ride a bit stiff because they are already partly compressed. and they probably wear out quicker because they will always be pertly compressed. not sure though. never tried.

why would i have to compress them two inches? Theyre the same length just valved for +2:huh

krt400ex
06-18-2006, 05:46 PM

let me correct that. are they long travel shocks or stock travel? if they are stock travel, then they will mount up fine, but they will be stiff because they are made to handle more leverage. if they are long travel shocks then you will probably go through all that is stated in my first reply

Shift_450R
06-18-2006, 05:47 PM
let me correct that. are they long travel shocks or stock travel? if they are stock travel, then they will mount up fine, but they will be stiff because they are made to handle more leverage. if they are long travel shocks then you will probably go through all that is stated in my first reply

They are NOT LT shocks so everyone know;) what if i just softend them up do you think that will make it better, or will it handle like crap?

krt400ex
06-18-2006, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Shift_450R
They are NOT LT shocks so everyone know;) what if i just softend them up do you think that will make it better, or will it handle like crap?

don't think it would make it handle like crap. u could get them re-valved to work better with the stock travel arms