PDA

View Full Version : 05 predator won't rev

scramblerracer
06-18-2006, 04:35 PM
2005 TLD Predator. All stock motor, carb, exhaust, ignition, intake.
Quad ran great last weekend at race, course had some deep water. Haven't started it since race. Went to go riding and today it won't rev over approx:4500 rpm. It is like it is hitting the rev limiter. I have checked out all wire connections, cleaned carb, checked valve clearances, changed the spark plug. Everything seems to be ok except it won't rev any higher. I think the rev limiter for reverse is possibly staying on. I have tried unplugging the neutral/reverse switch wires. Still no fix. If anyone has any ideas please post. Thanks Josh

varmint
06-18-2006, 06:47 PM
I had the same thing happen to me and it was the battery it was not taking a full charge the electrical system on these needs a full battery if it is dropping below 12v you will have trouble it should be about 12.7v check it with a load bank, if you dont have one your local auto parts store should have one you can use but I will bet thats your problem.

scramblerracer
06-18-2006, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunatly the battery is ok. I checked it also. Thanks Josh

preddymoto
06-19-2006, 09:57 AM
my quad will run fine with the battery deader then a door nail. deff. sounds electrical. good luck

scramblerracer
06-23-2006, 08:23 PM
Anyone had their stock CDI go bad. I am debating buying a new one to try. Anyone have a good stock or aftermarket CDI that I can try. Thanks

trailrunner77
06-25-2006, 06:00 PM
Hey did you check your filter? I'm sure you have but if not i had water in my box and my filter was soaked, i cleaned it and back to normal

A guy that i race with had his stock cdi go bad and an aftermarket one also, i think something was fried and burning the box up

I don't know what brand he went with?

When you coming back to ia to race?

Aug 6th @ decatur city is the next one

scramblerracer
06-26-2006, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by trailrunner77
Hey did you check your filter? I'm sure you have but if not i had water in my box and my filter was soaked, i cleaned it and back to normal

A guy that i race with had his stock cdi go bad and an aftermarket one also, i think something was fried and burning the box up

I don't know what brand he went with?

When you coming back to ia to race?

Aug 6th @ decatur city is the next one

I am going to try to make the Decatur City race. Missouri doesn't have any races in August. No GNCC in August. i am sure I will race somewhere. Thanks for the reply. I ordered a new Polaris CDI and will try later this week. Josh

watts16
06-26-2006, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by scramblerracer
I am going to try to make the Decatur City race. Missouri doesn't have any races in August. No GNCC in August. i am sure I will race somewhere. Thanks for the reply. I ordered a new Polaris CDI and will try later this week. Josh

Hope you get it figured out. You going to be at Park Hills? Got my shocks ordered today. That put a dent in my bank account:(

varmint
06-27-2006, 03:43 PM
Preddymoto you are wrong about that your Pred will not run fine with a very weak battery polaris electrical system is not designed to work like that half of the oneway bearing probs could have been avoided with a fully charged battery (TO MUCH CRANKING) plus it wont rev out and the battery needs to be checked with a load bank not a volt meter.

preddymoto
06-28-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by varmint
Preddymoto you are wrong about that your Pred will not run fine with a very weak battery polaris electrical system is not designed to work like that half of the oneway bearing probs could have been avoided with a fully charged battery (TO MUCH CRANKING) plus it wont rev out and the battery needs to be checked with a load bank not a volt meter.

oh ok your right i've never push started my quad while trailriding. the charging system was strong enough to let me ride all day and rev out.

scramblerracer
07-02-2006, 07:11 AM
New CDI fixed the problem. I had no notice that the CDI was bad until I started the quad to load up and go riding. If any one else has this problem try a new CDI. Thanks Josh

trailrunner77
07-02-2006, 11:06 AM
cool,

thats got to make ya feel better, now go shred some trails!!!

scramblerracer
07-03-2006, 03:19 PM
Thanks Eric. I'll see ya at Decatuar City or the Ironman. later Josh