PDA

View Full Version : how to use a clutch?

michael250
06-18-2006, 12:51 PM
Ok i got the new 06 250ex with the new sportclutch. in the promotional video on honda website it says u use the clutch for performance. what does that mean? i mean i know how to shift with it and all but like what does "performance" mean?is it sumthin that like like helps u slide in turns or sumthing cause i jus cant figure it out.thanks

YFZ450Ridr
06-18-2006, 01:15 PM
heres the way i see it. a clutch is like nuetral any time you want. so if you just feel like coasting along down hill and not having any motor compression holding you back, you can pull it in. or if your in a trail and need to get your front end over somthing, you can drop it and itll pull the front end up for you. you can feather it in turns and what not to stay in upper rpms. once you ride it more and more youll learn where its useful and where it isnt. in tight woods and creeks and stuff, youll be happy its not a manual clutch.

Ryanwolfe911
06-23-2006, 10:33 AM
Should have bought a 300ex instead. Then you'd be forced to find out what a clutch is for. I mean come on dude, you can't be serious.

michael250
06-23-2006, 06:23 PM
dude whats your problem i just wanted to know what the proper way to get the most out of a clutch.

BlasterEaten250
06-23-2006, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by LTZ400ridr
heres the way i see it. a clutch is like nuetral any time you want. so if you just feel like coasting along down hill and not having any motor compression holding you back, you can pull it in. or if your in a trail and need to get your front end over somthing, you can drop it and itll pull the front end up for you. you can feather it in turns and what not to stay in upper rpms. once you ride it more and more youll learn where its useful and where it isnt. in tight woods and creeks and stuff, youll be happy its not a manual clutch. i can do that with my auto clutch:chinese:

on the auto clutch, if you pull up the shifter, and dont let it down, that engages the clutch, so i can coast, and drop the clutch (dropping it isnt good for it though)

hey, this is my 2000th post, i am so cool:D :devil:

Ryanwolfe911
06-24-2006, 01:10 PM
I wasn't trying to flame you or anything, but perhaps you should remove the centrifugal clutch from your 250EX. That way you will be forced to learn how to get the most out of your manual clutch. I bought one for my wife, and she requested that I do that for her, and tell you the truth, the should have done a manual clutch a long time ago. Really wakes the 250EX up.

michael250
06-24-2006, 04:16 PM
how would i go about taking that out?

Ryanwolfe911
06-26-2006, 05:34 AM
The way i did it, ws to weld the centrifugal clutch weights right to the basket. Once you do this though, there's no going back. You will have to replace the entire centrifugal clutch mechanism to make it work again.