PDA

View Full Version : Powroll Vented Airbox Lid??

Mitch_McComb
10-09-2001, 08:36 PM
I was wondering if anyone has this on their machine.
I like the idea but am not crazy about spending $50.00 on something the outerware or Sparks Racing airbox cover might do.

Thanks for your input,

Mitch McComb

moto93
10-09-2001, 10:44 PM
I had one on my 250X and it was OK. I got sick of waiting for them to make the one for the 400 (called 'em once a month for 6 months back in '99) so I just cut two holes in the lid. Now I'm glad I didn't get one! Saved myself some $$$!

10-10-2001, 12:10 AM
I've got one with a K&N filter on my 300ex. Those two items, with rejetting, gave the power a nice boost. You could just drill a couple of holes in the stock lid, but then you wouldn't have the cool looking clear lid.

NVR2L8
10-10-2001, 12:26 AM
I have one on both a 300EX and 400EX that are in my garage, and in my opinion they aren't worth the money I spent for them. They don't fit right and require that you bend the clips to hold the lid on tight, and they are also made of really thin clear plastic. I was disappointed that their new lids seem to be made a lot cheaper than the one I had for my old Warrior...that one was also clear but fit perfectly and was much more durable. I recommend you buy a stock lid for $7 and modify it yourself, and boycott Powroll's lids until they make them better and at a more reasonable price. 50 bucks for an airbox lid is an outright joke, especially when they probably get them made for around 3-5 bucks.