PDA

View Full Version : Hotcams

HondaRider250
06-17-2006, 10:42 PM
I want to get hotcams for my kfx, which cams (intake and/or exhaust) and which stage (1 or 2) would be best for a kfx with a hmf exaust system and a k&n filter with no airbox lid? also, how hard are they to install and how much power should i gain if i install them? thanks for any help

rockman
06-18-2006, 09:05 AM
well mine just came in the other day.. i ordered both intake and exhaust.. they only make one stage.
The way they make it 2 stages is stage 1 is just the intake, stage 2 is both intake and exhuast.
If you read their website they suggest just intake for woods, and both for mx and desert racing.
as for installing them you need to have some knowledge of how to check valve lap, valve clearance, and piston to valve clearance. i haven't installed mine yet so i don't know what kind of performance gain it gives yet.
I will have basically the same set up as you, hmf full, k&n pro flow no lid, but i have a procom cdi

Holsh
06-18-2006, 10:02 AM
what did that cost you for both the intake and exhaust. I want to get some but mostly ride trials. why do they only say get the intake for woods ridin. you could always use more power:devil:

rockman
06-18-2006, 10:41 AM
Well i got mine from woodward specialties, they were 280 shipped. As far as them saying just intake for woods, i believe they say that because with both it probably revs alot faster. Who knows. I didn't even want to mess with just one. If i'm going to tear the top end apart, I'm putting both in. Just makes sense. I'm still waiting on my pipe before i do anything. Its a personal thing, i want to see how much power the pipe gives it compared to everything else. The procom cdi will be here tomorrow, so I'll let you guys know how that helps too. :devil:

rmz250
06-18-2006, 11:22 AM
I didn't even notice a difference when my friend got his cams in.

rockman
06-18-2006, 11:52 AM
what else did he have on it?

Holsh
06-18-2006, 04:06 PM
if you hava a pipe and diff. arifilter with lid off you will fell a big diff.

HondaRider250
06-18-2006, 05:18 PM
thanks for the info guys. not to ask a stupid question but do u have to rejet with new cams? it says on their website that if u use pump gas it can result in detonation. i want to stay with pump gas, does anyone know if u have to run 95 octane with hotcams? last, hotcams website says the stage 2 intake cam works better in big bore and stroker applications. i dont ahve a big bore but want to get one in the near future. will the stage 2 intake cam still improve power without a big bore application or would a stage one intake cam be better wihtout a big bore?

LittleMissE
06-18-2006, 06:12 PM
I know when my moms dvx got the stage 2 cams put in a felt a huge difference!!! Her quad had a mid range pipe(I cant think of the name) and k&n before!!! I didnt get to fell the difference with just cams in mine b/c mine all got upgraded at once, the only thing I held previous was my hmf full system pipe and a k&n!!!!