PDA

View Full Version : running very hot??

Shift_450R
06-17-2006, 08:58 PM
Ok, in about 50*F weather i took my quad out for a 2 minute rip and its bogging at weird times and it runs extremely hot. Like after a two minute ride i couldnt even touch the head. What the hell is wrong with this quad. I have a pipe and filter, no airbox mods and it has a 155K main jet. It ran perfectly fine for a year with that jet and now its running like crap. And its not burning any oil. Please someone tell me what it is?

firefighterjosh
06-17-2006, 09:03 PM
Is there anifreeze in it? Also maybe a Vavle isn't opening all the way. Make sure your vavles are adjusted correctly.

Shift_450R
06-17-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
Is there anifreeze in it? Also maybe a Vavle isn't opening all the way. Make sure your vavles are adjusted correctly.

i highly doubt theres antifreeze in it. And the valve thing i think it might have to do with that, Im gonna phone and ask a mechanic

firefighterjosh
06-17-2006, 09:29 PM
I am retarted.....I seen your name Shift_450r and instantly thought 450. My bad.

Shift_450R
06-17-2006, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
I am retarted.....I seen your name Shift_450r and instantly thought 450. My bad.

lol dont sweat it my name is misleading:p but i do think i burnt a valve. It wouldve never happened if my dad wasnt so fuggin bullheaded. Out of the two years ive had the quad the valves have never been touched. Because he said it didnt need it and it would be a waste of money to get it done.:grr: And now im gonna be paying for them to get re seated or relapped or whatever the hell they do to burnt valves. Im gonna do a compression test tommorow to see if i have some exhaust or gas leaking through the valves. Do you happen to know the right amount of compression it should have?

GPracer2500
06-17-2006, 09:53 PM
Service manual says 100-128 psi. Seems kinda low to me but maybe that is taking into account the auto decompress mechanism on the stock cam [shrug].