PDA

View Full Version : question

Ruby Soho
06-17-2006, 07:07 PM
a lot of people will probably get mad over this.. but

how much faster, like acceleration, top speed etc.. is a 300ex from a 400ex?

ive only ridden a 300. so i dont really know

the reason i ask is because im buying a quad, looking for a 300 or 400. im 14 and pretty expirienced. if i get a 300 will it last me? or will i thrive more power when i get it.

wolffie
06-17-2006, 08:06 PM
when you say you are experienced, what kind of riding have you done in the past? also, how tall are you and how much do you weigh?

both the 300ex and 400ex are bullet proof machines. the 300ex is pretty rugged, and if you are just starting out, or arent accustomed to larger machines, it is a great platform to start on. alot of people on here have some pretty decked out 300's as well, so dont let the small displacement get to your head.

the 400ex has a better stock setup, with a wider stance and better suspension. it has solid power, but is a bit larger than the 300. the 400 will probably last you longer in terms of your desire for performance (if you chose to leave it stock anyways) but the 300ex may fit you better depending on how big you are. The 300 can be modded just as the 400 can, but the 400 will almost always have the power advantage because of it's displacement. remember though, if you cant control your machine, all the power in the world doesnt mean anything;)

go test some machines and see what works! good luck:D