PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have any info on this cylinder kit?

wvspeedfreak
06-17-2006, 06:30 PM
I found it online and the seller says it is an Airsal kit.However,I can't seem to find any real info on it.It is a big bore 70cc kit for the 2 stroke 50cc engines.It appears that the cylinder bolts to the cases and the head has 6 bolts holding it to the cylinder and is sealed with an o-ring.Have any of you guys run this top end before or know anything about it?

Arctic Cat Dad
06-17-2006, 07:29 PM
We run the Airsal 70 kit on our Cat. It doesn't look anything like that 1. But ours was bought in 05. It doesn't have an 0 ring. And the piston only has 1 ring yours has 2. Our cylinder bolts down with the 4 studs that are on the cases and the head just bolts on with the 4 studs with nuts.

How much for these kits? Hope this helps.

wvspeedfreak
06-17-2006, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Arctic Cat Dad
We run the Airsal 70 kit on our Cat. It doesn't look anything like that 1. But ours was bought in 05. It doesn't have an 0 ring. And the piston only has 1 ring yours has 2. Our cylinder bolts down with the 4 studs that are on the cases and the head just bolts on with the 4 studs with nuts.

How much for these kits? Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply.We have an airsal 70 kit as well but it is like yours.I have never seen these before or heard anybody talking about them.It looks like a pretty neat set up.It has a billet head and I definately like the 2 ring design.

markvette
06-21-2006, 11:37 AM
the head looks like it is for a water cooled 70 cylinder which that cylinder pictered is not.

Mark

beltfed
10-14-2006, 09:47 AM
That is the new T6R cylinder from Airsal. It is new for 2006 and higher output than the older T6.