PDA

View Full Version : Steel City tomorow ( Sunday )

xx3003xrdrxx
06-17-2006, 05:51 PM
Anyone else going to steel city tomorow ?

LTandRaptorider
06-17-2006, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by xx3003xrdrxx
Anyone else going to steel city tomorow ?

I am... ;) Rider11x was gonna go, but his wifey grabbed him by the short hairs... He now has other plans! :eek2: :blah: :devil:

TheBlasterMan
06-17-2006, 08:48 PM
i was there, rode my quad up there, i was watching people race from outside the fence, i diddnt pay entrance fee so ijust say and whatched, you could see me straigh ahead from the starting point, before the first turn. I was on a black 450r with blue riding gear..

TheBlasterMan
06-17-2006, 08:53 PM
might be up there if anyone wants to meet me, i have to work in the eavening though............

xx3003xrdrxx
06-19-2006, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by TheBlasterMan
i was there, rode my quad up there, i was watching people race from outside the fence, i diddnt pay entrance fee so ijust say and whatched, you could see me straigh ahead from the starting point, before the first turn. I was on a black 450r with blue riding gear..

Hhah no **** I saw you , i walked right by you you were with some1 else werent you ?

Mxjunkie
06-19-2006, 12:42 PM
I dont know if you guys know or not but a member off the site Anthony Mastrocola crashed HARD. He has no feeling below his ribs and from what everyone is saying he has 2 broken vertibra in his back..

Say a prayer for him!

honda400ex68b
06-19-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
I dont know if you guys know or not but a member off the site Anthony Mastrocola crashed HARD. He has no feeling below his ribs and from what everyone is saying he has 2 broken vertibra in his back..

Say a prayer for him!

when did he crash? i was there on sunday and i looked for him, but could not find him. i raced with him a few times, last time was at johnstown war memorial this past january.

LTandRaptorider
06-19-2006, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie

Say a prayer for him!

He's the rider that Stat Medevac was called for then... :(

xx3003xrdrxx
06-19-2006, 03:20 PM
Yah that sucks , I saw him getting taking away on the stretcher :(

Anthony's Dad
06-22-2006, 10:58 PM
Hi Everyone,

This is Anthony's Dad. He fractured his T5 & T6 vertebrae. The injury compressed his spinal cord and is currently paralyzed from just above his belly button. He has no feeling or movement below that. He underwent a five hour surgery to fuse his t3 to t8 vertebrae. The operation went very well and he has spent the last three days in the ICU unit of UPMC Presbyterian hospital in Pittsburgh, PA. He has progressed very well and was moved out of the ICU today. He sat up in a chair for the first time, and believe it or not, played ATV Off Road Fury III on a Playstation 2 that was brought from home. He is in great spirits thanks to all of you who have called, sent cards, and have posted comments in this forum. You're prayers and concerns mean so much to all of us!
A special thanks to Shane Hartman (tameheart) and Harlen of atvriders.com for their support and keeping everyone up to date. Anthony is being transferred to the Southside Clinic for Rehabilitation tomorrow (6/23/2006). I think his rehab is going to be a lengthy one and we will probably be living in Pittsburgh for a couple months.
Although his racing career is over, Anthony plans to attend many races speaking to riders about God and being saved. He will be attending Kansas University next year getting a degree in business. He would like to open his own business called "Godspeed Racing" and create a rider sponsorship program and develop new safety gear that could prevent other riders from suffering the same type of injuries that he has sustained. He is very focused and excited about his new role in the racing community and feels that this is a calling from God. I must admit that I was very proud of him when he won both the production and 265 classes at Steel City on Saturday, but I am much more proud of the way he is handling this life changing injury. Don't be surprised when you see him at the track before the season is over.
Thanks again to everyone including Jeff Cernic, Rita Coombs, Ron Lorraine, Darryl Rath, Hiper Technologies, the Natalie family, Hetrick Racing, and to all of you that have shown your support. It really means the world to Anthony and has helped his recovery immensely.
Life is pretty hectic, but Anthony should be able to respond to your e-mail and posts himself in a few days. Thanks again and God bless you!

Chris Mastrocola

06-22-2006, 11:24 PM
ha! talk about living life to the fullest, you must be one hell of a father to raise such a bright boy with so many great intentions in life.

Mr.Mastrocola, I have never even spoke to your son on here within the last two or so years of me being a member. I just want to thank you for keeping us all informed on anthony's condition and his recovery.

I wish him the best of luck and a speedy recovery. your son,anthony and the rest of your family will be in my prayers tonight.

O and tell him to get his A#$ on "atv Vs. mx unleashed" so we can play online. :devil:

Anthony's Dad
06-22-2006, 11:38 PM
Hi Marshmello,

Thanks for the kind words. Anthony brought that game too. I'll tell him to get online soon, but his A#$ won't do him much good. He can't feel it yet. :-) Sorry, we all have a pretty nasty sense of humor. He's been flashing all the hot nurses and confessing all of his recent actions. Those pain drugs are like a truth serum. I thought I'd heard it all and he made me blush. Don't get me wrong, he's a devout Christian with a strong faith, but he's no saint. Yikes!!

JRP
06-23-2006, 06:46 AM
thanks for the update mr. mastracola, and just tell him that all of us are thinking about him, and hopefully he will have a full recovery.:)

Anthony's Dad
06-23-2006, 07:57 PM
Anthony was in especially good spirits today. He was transferred to UPMC South Side. They specialize in rehabilitation for spinal cord injuries and they have been rated as one of the best in the country. He has increasing feelings of "pins and needles" in his legs and the doctors say that's a good sign. He is looking forward to a visit from John Natalie's mom tomorrow. She is absolutely one of our favorite people in the world. Ever since Anthony trained with John last year, they have had a special connection.
Many people have asked for his address and phone number. Now that he is out of ICU, he can talk on the phone. His info is:

UPMC South Side
Anthony Mastrocola
Unit 5A Rm 513
2000 Mary St.
Pittsburgh, PA 15203

Phone: 412-586-1798 (after 4PM please)

Thanks again for all your support. It means so much to him. Anthony knew the #22 machine had also won both motos and he had his work cut out for himself. Matt showed great sportsmanship by coming over and shaking his hand at the starting gate. Thanks and congratulations! Please keep Anthony in your prayers. God Bless You!

Chris Mastrocola

tamehart
06-23-2006, 08:42 PM
Hey Chris,
I hope all is well with Anthony and your family. I have been praying for all of you. I appreciate your gratitude, but there are a lot of people that have been pulling for him and are sending him things to show their support. Jorge Cuartas is another guy that has been keeping people informed of what happened and is going on. I will try to give Anthony a call tomorrow evening.

Take Care.

Shane

MX MaNiAc 06
06-23-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Anthony's Dad
Hi Marshmello,

Thanks for the kind words. Anthony brought that game too. I'll tell him to get online soon, but his A#$ won't do him much good. He can't feel it yet. :-) Sorry, we all have a pretty nasty sense of humor. He's been flashing all the hot nurses and confessing all of his recent actions. Those pain drugs are like a truth serum. I thought I'd heard it all and he made me blush. Don't get me wrong, he's a devout Christian with a strong faith, but he's no saint. Yikes!!

Haha! Nice to hear Anthony is doing well. Thanks for keeping us updated on his condition.

trick250r
06-23-2006, 10:08 PM
he may not be able to do it riding, but i think if he keeps this mindset about a rider sponsorship program and designing new saftey equipment, we'll see a major step in taking the sport to the next level. good luck buddy!!!