PDA

View Full Version : What should i get on my 400ex

joetaylor1010
06-17-2006, 05:38 PM
I want to go as fast as i can and i am gettin into racing and i want to get the best performance parts i dont care wat the price is just say wat i should get

slvrlakerdr08
06-17-2006, 05:51 PM
experiance.......its not gonna matter what kind of fancy parts u have on ur quad man, you just gotta learn how to ride it likes beefed up then ur ready for mods till then just look into a rev box, nerfs, and a killswitch, and maybe a Slip on muffler, K&N filter, and a Jet kit. For racing though i'd say the pro circuit, HMF, or Yoshimura would give you the bottom end and midrange you need for coming out of the corners.

wolffie
06-17-2006, 07:08 PM
^^exactly! just keep practicing man! work on your skills and then go from there.

make sure you have solid safety gear (boots, chest protector, etc. etc.)

also, look into nerfs, kill switch, and perhaps some upgraded suspension.

good luck
:)

MO-EX-RIDER
06-17-2006, 08:53 PM
IMO get gear+nerfs, then suspension, then performance

firefighterjosh
06-17-2006, 09:06 PM
Protection>Practice>New quad (450) then look on this site and see what performance parts are working for other people. Remember it is your quad you will have to set it up for you likings.

slvrlakerdr08
06-17-2006, 09:28 PM
yea do alot of research on whats gonna fit your needs and how you want it too ride

joetaylor1010
06-17-2006, 11:43 PM
yeah thanks i dont have a 400ex my friend does and he gets pissed every time he loses a race against my friends z400 and all he wants to do it put parts on it, but we all told him maybe a pipe and just learn to take corners better but he doesnt believe us. So now maybe he will since everybody here has said just practice so thanks for the advice.

04TRX400EX
06-17-2006, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by MO-EX-RIDER
IMO get gear+nerfs, then suspension, then performance

Exactly !!

Once you have the appropriate safety gear so that you are allowed to race and you don't kill yourself if you crash, suspension is the best upgrade to make your quad faster. I just recently went to aftermarket and it's a night and day difference over stock. Your quad will be more comfortable, handle better, and definitely soak up landings better. If you want to do some minor performance work first to uncork the engine a bit (slip-on exhaust and a K&N), that's good, but then do suspension.

450Rchaser
06-19-2006, 01:07 PM
I have the fox air float shox. they r night and day difference than stock.