PDA

View Full Version : 06 450ER Upper A arm problems

CBRSLIDER
06-17-2006, 11:28 AM
Has anyone else had problems with their upper a-arms? I have been helping my brother wrench on his quad and found one of his upper a-arms ball joint really loose. He had just replaced the opposite side arm due to the ball joint coming apart while he was riding. I haven't heard of this problem with any one else so I thought I'd just ask.

Ray

trick250r
06-18-2006, 03:41 PM
i've had problems but the bushings went out in the top arm on mine. :( gotta love the warranty :devil:

CBRSLIDER
06-21-2006, 05:02 AM
Ya I see that a set of his bushings are already going on the new a arm that he just installed. Alot of slop in it. AND the warranty, what a joke. He has had both upper arms go bad and purchased the extended warranty but has received no help from Honda. The dealer that he purchased it from out of the area said that they would take care of it if he brought it back there but the local dealer said that it was not a warrantied item. So who's right? That's not what I expect out of Honda. Been a Honda fan since my first 3wheeler in '82, and have never seen issues like this.

Ray

RideRed06
07-04-2006, 07:38 PM
Yea i just got back from silver lake and my 06 450 er has a bad upper ball joint what did your dealer do for you? ive still got the warranty but im not sure what they will say.

DanW
07-05-2006, 04:07 PM
I've had some trouble with the ball joints on my '06 too, but I've had the bottom and top loosen up.

KrazyKeith
07-05-2006, 07:11 PM
mine have been loose since the day I bought it they havent got any worse yet My warranty is up real soon I'm not sure what to do. I guess I'll just keep ridin

leadfoot_52
07-05-2006, 10:15 PM
Got The same Problem with Mine. upper ball joints are coming loose, and it is affecting handling around corners. Is this warranteed?